PDA

View Full Version : Why are ALL Arank swords 6% lower for my 410 to synth?

imfanboy
Mar 6, 2007, 10:01 PM
OK.

As some of you may remember (doubtful), last week I made a topic titled, "Why is a Jogiri 54% to synth??" found here:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=136267&forum=20

Now, Vhex put forth the idea that it was because the Jogiri causes a status effect that it's a lower % chance to synth.

I have since found out that he is wrong.

I bought myself a Caliburn board last night mostly to test this theory and partly because hell, I'm tired of never actually POISONING anything with the Jogiri. When I put it in my PM, however, I see that it's only at 49 PERCENT TO SYNTH???

So, in essense, the A-rank and higher swords are all at 6% lower for me to synth than an item of equivalent rank; for my 100 pure Striking PM, all the other 9* have a 55% chance to synth.

I should know, I've synthed enough of 'em.

What really gripes me is that I have a 410 - ostenably, it's supposed to be BETTER at synthing bloody swords! So why is it sucking?

The only thing that occurs to me is that my synthing % on swords MATCHES the so-called "synth trend" rate of both a pure 100 range and a pure 100 technic PM in that they need 49% to synth 9*s too.

Any other thoughts?

Soukosa
Mar 7, 2007, 12:23 AM
All A rank swords have a slightly lower synth than the other melee weapons. I've gathered the synth rates for all weapons (except kubaras) for all levels, so I should know http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Also, synth trend is meaningless! Just pretend it doesn't exist. I really have no idea why ST included that.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 7, 2007, 12:23 AM
As I play as a hunter in the upper levels, I'm finding sword to be a superior weapon. ATA stops beocming an issue around...150 for a character, the only variable is ATP, and the number of hits.

Swords ATP is SO high you can use normal Swings and still it for real damage. Grind the 6* tenora weapon 4-5 times and you have a weapon with 600 ATP. You can swing that around for 300 points of damage if you are a hunter type class, AND it hits 3 things.

Spears don't compare. Thier narrow V of attack is not as likely to hit more than one creature.

EphekZ
Mar 8, 2007, 08:52 AM
On 2007-03-06 21:23, SolomonGrundy wrote:
As I play as a hunter in the upper levels, I'm finding sword to be a superior weapon. ATA stops beocming an issue around...150 for a character, the only variable is ATP, and the number of hits.

Swords ATP is SO high you can use normal Swings and still it for real damage. Grind the 6* tenora weapon 4-5 times and you have a weapon with 600 ATP. You can swing that around for 300 points of damage if you are a hunter type class, AND it hits 3 things.

Spears don't compare. Thier narrow V of attack is not as likely to hit more than one creature.

um...this wasn't about using swords it was about synthing them...

SolomonGrundy
Mar 8, 2007, 02:02 PM
um...this wasn't about using swords it was about synthing them...

read between the lines...perhaps sega figured swords were so strong late game that they reduced synth chance so everyone was not walking around with a 50% fire/ice/dark/light/ground/lightning sword.

imfanboy
Mar 8, 2007, 03:17 PM
What about axes then? My fortefighter deals out a helluva lot of damage with axes; more than she does with the swords I've synthed.

Or, for that matter, spears?

No, there's something else here, something odd, and I want to know what it is.

Soukosa
Mar 8, 2007, 05:34 PM
Axes are a single target weapon, are they not? Spears can be seen as weak if compared to the mob handling abilities of swords when used right. Swords can be a very powerful mob handling tool if used properly. That could be why they gave it a slightly lower rate. Though, only A rank swords have a lower synth rate and kubara swords don't have any lower of a rate than the other kubara melee weapons. Granted the kubara melee weapons have a PA penality.

pionear
Mar 8, 2007, 06:06 PM
You need to synth more to make you PM better at synthing them.

Reginaldo
Mar 8, 2007, 06:17 PM
On 2007-03-08 15:06, pionear wrote:
You need to synth more to make you PM better at synthing them.

No.