PDA

View Full Version : Section IDs on Pioneer 2.

Nidarrock
Dec 5, 2002, 01:26 PM
While writing my Fan Fic I noticed I overlooked section IDs. While it has yet to effect the pieces that I've posted(the last one might get a tweak actually) in the coming chapters it might. So I'm curious as to what everyone thinks section IDs are used for in the PSO universe.

I at first thought they would be sections of Pioneer 2, but what would happen if a Greennill person and a Redria person begin to live with one another and one of the two leaves their current section ID area. Would nothing happen or would they have to register into the new ID? My other thought is that it might be a way to divide the thousands of hunters into groups or regiments. I'm not too sure.

The reason I put this here is that it has nothing to do with playing the game directly. Plus many of you writers out there may have already thought out something.

Toyzferall
Dec 5, 2002, 01:29 PM
Good question... I've been wondering that myself. Sure, in-game it can affect gameplay mechanics, but in a fanfic, or a real-world-like scenario, having a different name than someone else wouldn't affect your luck in finding things! Hm. I always figured them just to be an extra way to sort Hunters...

rarr
Dec 7, 2002, 10:11 PM
Have you noticed that no non-combatant has a section ID? (I think all the non-hunters guild NPCs do, actually) Maybe section IDs are a sort of qualification that you have to have to carry around a photon weapon/use combat techniques legally? And the whole thing with the finding, perhaps it's sort of what that character is found to excel with, besides just being a 'hunter' or 'ranger' or 'force'(Obviously a, say, Greenill Force wouldn't appreciate rifles because they CAN'T USE THEM, but in a fic you can give logical IDs, like Oran and Skyly to HUs, Purplenum and Greenill to RAs, and Pinkal to FOs. Those are just examples of course..)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rarr on 2002-12-07 19:12 ]</font>

IceBlink
Dec 8, 2002, 12:12 AM
I've always thought of them as identification purposes. So, it's quite possible there's several 'schools' or whatever, and after graduation or whatever, you get the school's icon. Maybe. o_O

War_Child
Dec 9, 2002, 07:15 AM
I think they're just used to keep track of who you are o_O They decide it with a game of Plinko

Vantamiath
Dec 10, 2002, 09:26 PM
In the Fan Fic I'm writing I use them as squads. So I guess I think of them as identification...sorta.

SuzukaCC
Dec 10, 2002, 10:52 PM
On 2002-12-07 21:12, IceBlink wrote:
I've always thought of them as identification purposes. So, it's quite possible there's several 'schools' or whatever, and after graduation or whatever, you get the school's icon. Maybe. o_O

Hmmm you know as soon as I read that I think that is it. May be every person who's a hunter goes to one of da schools and takes up that icon and a "trade?" Makes more sense than just walking up to the Guild counter and saying "I want to be a hunter here my money give me mag!"

Nidarrock
Dec 11, 2002, 11:24 AM
It's odd I never thought about the IDs as being associated with schools. Actually that would work with my Fan Fic at the moment. Perhaps the reason I thought of the IDs as being a squad type is that you can still use the purpose of gaing your Section ID by your name. Or logically giving out IDs like Rarr mentioned before. Hmmm might have to flip a coin for my decision in my story. Thanks for your thoughts so far.