PDA

View Full Version : How to disable dial tone detection with the modem

RagMasterRappy
Dec 5, 2002, 01:33 PM
This is really easy:
1.) Go into the network settings menu and the provider you want to modify
2.) On the "modem settings" page (the second one) press the "details" button
3.) In the "additional AT commands" enter: atx3 (I put it in all lower case, but I doubt it matters)
4.) Press OK and make sure you SAVE the configuration by going throught all the menus and pressing the SAVE button

I tested it and it works fine

RagMasterRappy
Dec 5, 2002, 02:20 PM
The modem has trouble when it detects the beginning of the handshake. But the disable dialtone detection does work. Maybe I'll try and fix it later.

RagMasterRappy
Dec 6, 2002, 01:56 PM
Hmm, the modem needs power to function. I read 0V and 0A from the modem while it was connecting.

RagMasterRappy
Dec 9, 2002, 09:49 PM
Here's a line voltage circuit that I didn't test out yet. It uses the RS232 serial port that's located on the back of your computer:

Pin 5 (GND) Wire X
Pin 4 (DTR) Wire Y

Phone line
----------

11.26VDC
Wire X (+) Wire Y (-)
| | R
GREEN---------+ +------########-----RED
563 ohms
RED-----------------------------------------GREEN

A minimial understanding of how to assemble these components is required.

One end of the phone line goes to the computer and the other goes to the GameCube.

The intended current is 20mA, you can use resistor values less than 563 but not greater than 563 ohms.

Another note. The polarity on the RS232 connection is reversed, because when the port is not opened it's voltage from GND to DTR is -11.26VDC. If you happen to open the port during a connection, then the polarity will reverse and unknown things could happen.

I didn't build this circuit yet, but I plan to do so sometime. If you break anything as a result of using this information, it's not my problem.

I'll post something here if it works or not when I attempt it... Someday.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RagMasterRappy on 2002-12-09 18:54 ]</font>