PDA

View Full Version : FighGunner: The Adept Assassin

Jakosifer
Mar 8, 2007, 10:49 AM
This topic is about Fighgunners and the people who play them, their characters, the tactics they use, their favorite weapon setups, and giving tips to OTHER Fighgunner players on how they can make their character better.

What a Fighgunner is: A mix of a Hunter and a Ranger, Hunter being the dominate type.

The weapons that Fighgunners can use: Swords, Spears, Knuckles, Double Sabers, Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers, Twin Claws, Sabers, Daggers, Claws, Twin Handguns, Handguns, Crossbows, Mechguns, and of course, Traps.

Photon Art Level Limits for Fighgunners: 30 for Skills, 20 for Bullets.

My Fighgunner
Level: 62 (Still havent leveled up =)
Action Palette (As of last night)

Heavy Twins (Ice)
Death Dancer (Light)
Shintsuki-zashic (Darkness)
Asami-zashi (Ice) and Raygun (Frozen Hit)
Death Maker (Twin Dark)
Evil Twins (Twin Mayalee)

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^In reality, I just removed one of my Twin Daggers and replaced it with a Twin Pistol. So far so good with that setup, 3 1/2 Melee type weapons and 2 1/2 Ranger weapons.

I usually only melee when Im 100% sure an enemy wont kill me in one hit, most of the time just judge how much damage the Fortefighter in the team takes and if he/she takes alot, I know to switch to Death Maker/Evil Twins.

Now for you other Fighgunners. <_<

Kaydin
Mar 8, 2007, 03:24 PM
Well I'm really only half Fighgunner. I play Wartecher a lot too, so I have to be picky about my PAs. I mainly use the weapons that both classes can access. There are also a few weapons both classes get that I don't use just because I don't like them.

The weapons I carry:
Twin Sabers (personal favorite): Rising Crush right now, getting Splendor Crush as well. Rising Crush owns Gaozorans. Just keep hitting them with it so they can't get off the ground.
Twin Daggers (another favorite): Hishou Jenrin-zan (Yo-yo Daggers), sometimes Renkai in small mobs. Hishou is amazing against large enemies.
Twin Claws (love these even if I can't get the S-ranks): Currently using the second PA (Kamehemeha one), getting the Ultimate as well soon. These are very good on large enemies.
Double Saber: Gravity Dance. I despise Tornado Dance, and Spiral Dance I have never found useful. I don't use Double Sabers much anyways. I find them highly overrated.
Swords: Tornado Break, only used on large mobs of smaller creatures. Why use Spinning Break if I have better PA's on all my twins?
Saber/Pistol Combo: Gravity Strike. I find Rising Strike annoying with the second hit, and Gravity Strike hits more. The Pistol is neutral element. It's rarely ever used, so I'm not wasting a PA slot for a bullet.
Twin Pistols: Ice, Dark and Light. I use these on anything that flies or is melee resistant. Also on the moles.
Traps!: I love traps. If you ask me Fighgunners are better at traps than rangers are. I'm already up close, so I can easily pop a trap on larger enemies and switch to a weapon and continue to attack. Rangers have to run in, drop the trap, activate it if it's a G, then run back out, turn around and start firing.

Weapons I don't use:
Knuckles: I like these, but wouldn't use them enough as a Fighgunner or Wartecher to bother. They are a staple weapon on my Beast though.
Lances: They only attack in front of you, but hit much slower and less times then all my twins. Plus the PA's are crap.
Daggers: I don't use single handed blades much. When I do, I use Sabers/Gravity Strike.
Crossbows: They look cool, but they're slow and have no first person view. I perfer pistols.
Mechguns: I have yet to try these. I need too... if my ATA is high enough that they hit a decent amount of the time I may replace my Pistol with one.

Jey
Mar 8, 2007, 04:12 PM
I mostly played my Figh before the second set of PAs came out, so I'm a little ignorant of the melee stuff. Being a support type of person by instinct, I tend towards keeping stuff neutralized over dealing pure damage.

Twin Sabers : Rising Crush > et al. I heard lots of Assault Crush fanboyism but it eats up a ton of PP and to be honest, Twinnie PP pools are crap. Rising shoves mobs on their butts/sides pretty much throughout the entire combo set.

Double Saber : Great for AOE usage. Gravity Dance is great for AOE for the first two combos, and Spiral is just fun for pushing stuff around. Tornado, eh.

Spears : Dus Daggas is still a great boss-killer, and the 3rd combo looks fricking awesome.

Twin Daggers : Renkai and Hishou are both famous for their utility. Renkai damage may have been nerfed but it's still a really fast AOE PA. Moubu has a lot of knockbacks, but I found it really hard to aim.

Saber : Rising Strike... When I link Gravity Strike I keep trying to knock stuff up, and it doesn't work and I usually end up owned.

Crossbow : A lot of Fighs discount this since they work a little weird with the lv20 cap. They are stronger than Handguns, fire just a little slower but you fire two hits, so, eh.

Twin Handguns : Fighs need these. Pick up 3-4 bullets, at least ice, dark and light, and I can't call you gimp. Manual aim, SE2, strafing...

Machine guns : I used to knock stuff around with saber/dagger and then gun them while they're down. Dirty trick, but it was fun. Just don't have time for that anymore, but they're really good if you don't mind the PP drain.

re traps, 2* traps suck really bad. The range is horrible and I swear burn traps only hit 1 target, and the burn effect is like SE0.1. The 5* G traps allow you a lot more control and the effect/range is pretty decent.

Bullets, traps, status effects, and you
Figh only gets SE2 max short of traps, but that's still a pretty powerful deal.
Confuse - Enemy spells will not hit players. Land this on a bullet-friendly Gaozoran or Gohmon and they are Swiss Cheese.
Silence - Confuse is better.
Burn - lv2 Burn means a mob will take 15% damage over 10 seconds. Doesn't sound like much but every little bit helps. Don't use it if there is someone trying to land an SE4 version though. Tankbots are immune to burn (so are Stateria but FGs don't have a chance to land it anyway)
Virus - lv2 Virus means 5% damage every 4 seconds for 24 seconds, so 30% hp damage. Tankbots are very vulnerable to Virus, so dark bullets are your friend.
Shock - lv2 shock has a pretty low proc rate and usually what you can land them on, you're better off beating up faster. Nice to use on Volfus since they have such high attack though.
Freeze - There are a lot of fire mobs in this game just waiting to be owned by ice bullets. Freezing them makes your accuracy 100% on them too.
Poison - The weakest DOT effect and probably the most aggravating to anyone trying to land SEs. Only available via traps and the Jogiri greatsword.

Also...
Freeze overwrites Confuse
Freeze cannot land on Burned mobs, Burn cannot land on Frozen mobs
Poison overwrites Virus, which overwrites Burn (why I hate poison)

Mreh, makes me wanna play my FG again ._.'

Kaydin
Mar 8, 2007, 04:21 PM
On 2007-03-08 13:12, Jey wrote:
Poison - The weakest DOT effect and probably the most aggravating to anyone trying to land SEs. Only available via traps and the Jogiri greatsword.

I thought it was the Jitseen... That explains how enemies would randomly become poisoned when I was PA leveling with a Jogiri. XD

SolomonGrundy
Mar 8, 2007, 06:51 PM
I only play a Figunner for the dual handguns. I know 3 bullet arts. Twin Freeze (Tengohs, Jarbras), Twin Dark (agata relics Tengohs), and Twin Rising for sorcers and those flying megids spewing guys in the hive.

Sha Sha
Mar 8, 2007, 07:50 PM
Mi Fighgunner is level 28 atm Ima Beast
Even Tho I use the hunter side more then the ranger side (I claim to be a fake ranger >>)
My Palette as of right now (trying to raise all PA's that I have to level 11 at lease)
Dual Durandal- Currently with Rising Crush
Last Survivor- Moubu Seiren-Zan
Rapier Paired with Magga Rit- Rising Strike and Burning Fury
Daga Sababba Paired with B`duki Roga- Buten Shuren-Zan and Dark Bullet
Arb Roga- Twin Rising
Traps- Only when I feel like i need them, i must admit I havnt really played with them yet.

Im trying to be a Dagger and Twin Dagger speicalist

Slace2k3
Mar 8, 2007, 08:38 PM
my Action Palette:
-free spot one
-free spot two
-saber/crossbow combow(gravity strike/Yak Riga)
-saber/mechgun combow (rising strike/dark fury)
-dagger/mechgun combow(Buten Shuren-zan/burning fury)
-twin handgun(twin dark/light)
in my two free spots I swich out between my double saber(Spiral Dance), twin saber(Splendor Crush), twin dagger(Renkai Buyou-zan), and sword(Spinning Break), depending on who I am fighting at the time.
use traps from time to time, will use them more when I do more s rank missions.