PDA

View Full Version : Laser Cannon needs editting...

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 9, 2007, 01:36 AM
I've noticed that the Laser Cannon's potential in damage is very degraded from that of it's Rifle[stat wise] brother on single enemies.

The Laser Cannon's primary fault is the fact that it cannot hit all target spots on an enemy even if allined properly, such as shooting in a Kog Nadd's[3 hit spot monster in linear fasion] face, and only damaging the face even though it passes the torso and tail of the Kog Nadd.

If the Laser Cannon had the peirce ability capiable of hitting more spots on a single enemy, would it be more useful?

I honestly say yes.

Edit- Ignore Poll... accidentally hit 'Enter' so it got screwed...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garanz-Baranz on 2007-03-08 22:37 ]</font>

Proff
Mar 9, 2007, 01:37 AM
Agreed.

ZeldaSerenade
Mar 9, 2007, 02:00 AM
I agree also.

A2K
Mar 9, 2007, 03:18 AM
As it stands, I find it's still rather decent on its own, just not in the situation you described. It's much more oriented towards piercing through multiple mobs (say, a group of six or seven Badira), rather than a single one.

Would it be nice if it did what you described, though? Of course it would be. Game balance, of course, is of a particular concern, but, honestly, the addition of this ability would only really help against enemies like Kog Nadd and not much else--not really breaking the game too terribly at all.

Against a dragon-type boss... one could have the opportunity to pierce the head and hit several neck segments on occasion, but that really wouldn't be any more broken against it than grenade launchers presently are, either--perhaps less as you couldn't possibly do it constantly anyway, what with head(s) moving about all the time. Maybe you could hit two of its feet at once the rest of the time, I suppose...

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 9, 2007, 03:30 AM
In that case you can limit the 'hit count' to 6 on the cannon per shot.

Either that or keep the form of the shot and decrease it's PA EXP needs...

Miyoko
Mar 9, 2007, 03:37 AM
Sure, that'd make it more useful... But only against said enemies.

Personally, I find Laser Cannons to be a great weapon already. The fact that it can do damage equal to a rifle, and to 5+ targets in one shot (that's pretty efficient PP wise, too) makes it worthwhile IMO. Some may argue that it's hard to use, but I honestly don't find it that difficult to do so. Mind you, I don't try using it on every mob I see -- I understand that Laser Cannons, along with Grenade launchers, axes, and many other weapons, are SITUATIONAL.

Randomness
Mar 9, 2007, 06:26 AM
If you're going there, let techs hit multiple points on an enemy too, so we forces can own the big stuff too. Kog Nadds are a hassle to take out.

NPCMook
Mar 9, 2007, 06:34 AM
Yeah cause Dammegis doesn't do that on light mobs already http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Dhylec
Mar 9, 2007, 08:54 AM
Edit- Ignore Poll... accidentally hit 'Enter' so it got screwed...
PM a forum mod to have the poll fixed to what you want.

chibiLegolas
Mar 9, 2007, 11:28 AM
What a great idea! I 2nd that piercing notion!
The lazer cannon looks and sounds cool, but it really does need tweaking before I wanna commit to leveling that thing up.

Traize
Mar 9, 2007, 11:53 AM
I love it as is, but were it to gain the ability to hit multiple points on a single enemy, without degrading any of its other uses/stats, I would hardly complain http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Itchee
Mar 9, 2007, 12:19 PM
Yea, it would be nice to hit multiple target points, but it gets the job done as is...
Rising Prism works suprisingly well with the LC. When used on enemies who like to bunch up (ie. Polty, Badira) one or two generally get confused by the second or third shot. Since theyre bunched up and dont have far to run, they tend to immediately start swinging on their friends....
Useful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itchee on 2007-03-09 09:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itchee on 2007-03-09 09:21 ]</font>