PDA

View Full Version : Update Monster Rebalancing?

Neith
Mar 9, 2007, 08:44 AM
I've noticed on PSUpedia that this update 'rebalanced all monsters and bosses of lv20+'.

Just wondering if anyone has any details on this (perhaps JP PSU players?). I did Mad Creatures S just now, and didn't really noticed much of a difference, except maybe mob HP is lower now?

Any details would be appreciated.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 9, 2007, 12:25 PM
*crosses fingers that bug HP is lower*

Kaydin
Mar 9, 2007, 12:26 PM
On 2007-03-09 09:25, SolomonGrundy wrote:
*crosses fingers that bug HP EVA is lower*

Fixed.

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 9, 2007, 04:51 PM
i hope they lower the HP of the worms as well, and gaozorans. those 2 are the only enemies that I consider dangerous. and if they did update the enemies, I'm sure they made Volfus stronger cuz I never remember these guys being a threat in the slightest bit until now, although they still rank relatively low when compared to other monsters in terms of dangerousness.

Soukosa
Mar 9, 2007, 05:11 PM
I've been looking into it, so far it seems that all enemies past at least lv 30 have slightly lower HP (though around 400 less base HP at lv 55).

Neith
Mar 9, 2007, 05:50 PM
Alright, thanks Sounomi- I found I can solo LL S really easily now, so a HP reduction seems very likely.

CelestialBlade
Mar 11, 2007, 01:17 AM
This is a good thing for Ranger types who like to solo, most of us can manage higher rank missions pretty well but the biggest problem is simply running out of bullets. Annoying.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 11, 2007, 03:09 PM
On 2007-03-10 22:17, Typheros wrote:
This is a good thing for Ranger types who like to solo, most of us can manage higher rank missions pretty well but the biggest problem is simply running out of bullets. Annoying.

multiple A rank guns and photonchargecosmo. I run with a guy that stocks a full set, and he never runs out of bullets, and his PP recharge costs are known up front. On the 360, these can be bought from player shops for about 1.5-2.5K

Back on topic: I did DeRagan on A, and didn't really notice a big difference in HP, so I'll agree with with slight HP reduction thing.

Anyone go fight some bugs/worms?

Umberger
Mar 11, 2007, 04:04 PM
I noticed that level 4 Burn does 1337 damage to Tengohgs on Holy Ground S...it definitely didn't do that before...not sure if that's an increase or a decrease though.

CelestialBlade
Mar 11, 2007, 04:16 PM
I run a full set of guns/wands too, but it's very easy to run out. And I'm not made of haxeta (that or I'm just really conservative) so I tend to be wary about item costs. I guess my point is, PP is never a problem for my Fortefighter but it tends to be a pain for my Guntecher.

Golto
Mar 11, 2007, 04:50 PM
I concour with hp lowering. Monsters in Lab S2 do not have much more hp then the used to in S pre 'balancing'. I can't tell if other stats have been lowered.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Golto on 2007-03-11 14:51 ]</font>

Soukosa
Mar 11, 2007, 04:53 PM
On 2007-03-11 14:04, Umberger wrote:
I noticed that level 4 Burn does 1337 damage to Tengohgs on Holy Ground S...it definitely didn't do that before...not sure if that's an increase or a decrease though.

That would be a decrease. One of about 4.5k HP or so.