PDA

View Full Version : Got good ways of leveling up? Offline and online?

LollipopLolita
Dec 5, 2002, 06:03 PM
Help PSO players everywhere, post your good ways of leveling up here, and we will turn it into a guide and credit everyone in this thread. That way, players can read it and benefit from our knowledge.

<- Is in the x'mas giving mood. ^_^

Rylios
Dec 5, 2002, 06:35 PM
Do quests i think thats is the best way to Lv up offline.. Online quest also help lv up .. Thats the best i can do

ginko990
Dec 5, 2002, 06:37 PM
Theres the obvious Heat Sword method. gives about 13k in Hard, about 24k in Vhard, and something like 58k in Ult.

Or for offline, go on multiplayer and only use one character. You get more enemies this way.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Dec 5, 2002, 06:37 PM
Offline ruins quest Doc's Secret Plan is great, since it's similar to online mopup operation #4 and you have Elenor the NPC to take hits for you :3.

TedEdFred
Dec 5, 2002, 08:48 PM
Offline Quest Addicting Food also has many enemies. Good chance to see rare enemies too. Also good if you are not strong enough for ruins yet.

Drayma
Dec 5, 2002, 08:51 PM
What snapple said I do as well.

DJ_Monkey
Dec 5, 2002, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Fake In Yellow quest. You can get a buttload of EXP doing that quest.

Oh, and I tend to replay Forest VHard over and over until I level up. You can do the same for any level, but Forest is my favorite for that. I will do the same for Ultimate once I reach level 115 or so.

PimpN0iD
Dec 5, 2002, 09:45 PM
like most of the people already said just do quests or if you have a friend with ruins in any difficulty take your character over to his/her house and play ruins for a while....(got me from level 14 to level 32 in about 6-8 hours with my FOmar)

Siegfried
Dec 5, 2002, 09:52 PM
Find yourself a good mechgun or one of the mechgun series with an eperience steling ability and high hit%. Just walk out in any battlefield taking the extra experience lumped into one. I've racked up over 200 exp with one hard booma.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Dec 5, 2002, 10:05 PM
Simple - Ult forest. I find this the most effective way to lv up offline, mad exp. Two runs most of the time give me a lv and I'm @ 100 becuase I've been doing it so much. If you're in the lv 65-75 ranger you'll level up quite quickly.......

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _xX_Frosty_Xx_ on 2002-12-05 19:08 ]</font>

PentUpAnger
Dec 5, 2002, 10:08 PM
I have been doing the Native Research quest in Ultimate over and over... I can get about 20k exp in about 15 minutes. Plus in 'almost' every runthrough I get a rare (Special Weapon) and a Photon Drop... plus a buttload of materials... Great quest to do if you aren't too far into Ultimate and at about level 80 or so.

GCN-Maiku
Dec 5, 2002, 10:27 PM
Best way I know, is to do the online quest "Heat Sword" with a shot, slicer or something that hits all enemies. I usually get 20K EXP per run.

I'm at Lv.70 after 95hrs http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif pretty crappy, but I don't play just to level up as fast as I can.

EsperFlame
Dec 6, 2002, 03:08 AM
I think the best way overall to level up is offline for many reasons. First off any and all rares that appear are yours. You don't have to worry about greedy players snatching up everything that appears. Also it's good to level up offline becuase you get the same exp for the enemies but online they have higher attributes and are tougher to hit and hurt. Same Exp...but harder to kill..hmmmm. So while offline you can go right through the enemies about as fast as if you were online gaming with one other person. And again...all rares dropped are yours and yours alone. Also by playing offlie you work on unlocking other area's for online purposes and offline multiplayer purposes. Single Player mode has to be the bomb!

Scan_Man
Dec 6, 2002, 04:49 AM
Offline mines is great, because it is the only offline stage that has the same monster spawns as online. Not to mention offline is loads easier.

Alena Zouryx
Dec 6, 2002, 12:30 PM
*sigh* Once again, Lollita posts an absolutely amazing thread yet again. I give kudos to you. ^_^

As for my tactics on leveling, I say this:

Offline: Mines. The hoards of enemies provide a mass of Exp.

Online: Mines, and quests. But the best way, as mean and rude as it may be, is to "Exp Poach", as I call it. Hunters use a slicer, Rangers use a shot, Forces use a Ra-level technique. Just stay out of the way and attack at least every baddie once, then actually concentrate on fighting. You might not get the full 100% exp by not actually killing the monster, but you'll still get 80%, which is alot in actuality. 80% is alot better than 0%!!

*cheers* Maybe I should become a moderator, too...my advice is a little too good. *giggle* LoL, j/k of course. Ciao! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

MarkXIII
Dec 6, 2002, 01:10 PM
If your playing in a regular or online quest game use what you have effectively. When i use my HUcast i use every single trap i have on me, no matter how useful they actualy are. Find a spot that would be ideal in hitting all monsters an drop it. If there isn'nt enough monsters an a partisan type wep would be just as effective dont waste a trap, that way you wont lose exp taking a trip to the nurse. With any other character i use razonde to do the same thing. Everytime i enter a room or a new batch of baddies pops up i razonde them. I dont care how much damage i do as long as i get exp from them. Not really anything special an i'm sure lots of you do the same things but i'm sure a few noobs could find this useful.

Goza
Dec 6, 2002, 01:15 PM
For my Normal FOnewearl, I learned a gizonde that kills in one hit, then I just take out 5 or 6 gilchics and canadines at once, and keep running through the level. Mines 1 and 2 obviously. I usually end up killing Vol Opt too, because he's ridiculously easy with Gizonde (3 shots takes out a panel section).

For my Hard HUmar, I did fast forest runs and killed the dragon repeatedly alternating with taking a beefed up sword weapon into the mines. I've also found that Gran Squall gets me a lot of monsters for the forest.

Annoy
Dec 6, 2002, 01:39 PM
Get 3 friends who are on the same difficulty...steal their memory cards, then play multiplayer and leave their characters at the part where you come in (the warp). Then use the character you want leveled up to clear out the area (mines probably being the best). As soon as that's done, move on to the next area. Then you can take them to fight the boss...though that would be preeeety hard...unless you let them get killed o_O;

But after clearing out all the areas of the stage, move on to a different stage. Clear each area out, then save, turn the system off. And start all over again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif It works pretty well...though none of my friends are in Very hard mode yet, so I gotta play around in hard or normal. But still...it makes for a lot of experience.

SirDonovanIII
Dec 6, 2002, 01:49 PM
Heat Sword for Offline

For Offline, I agree w/Snapp. Doc's Secret Plan or Retired Hunter. Both are in Ruins, lots of Baddies and an NPC to draw the heat.

HC82
Dec 7, 2002, 07:25 AM
It depends on your class. Some classes can't do certain stages as effectively as others.

FOs: Offline mines is one of the best methods to obtain experience points in ultimate mode. Many enemies, high amount of exp, and it's possible to drop a horde of gilchics with 5~6 RAfoies if your character has the right equipment on.

All: Addicting food is pretty good. Megid lillies can be a pain in the ass, but all the other enemies are very easy. HUS with good swors and Fos can do this easy. One thing though, addicting food slows down in exp once you reach C3. So if your doing the quest for exp, just quit the quest and redo c1. If your rare hunting then you might want do c3 for the panarms.

Heat sword: 50k and it's very quick and easy. I suggest doing heatsword with a full team of 4 people because it can be done VERY quick like that. The fastest HS I have ever done on GC PSO was with 3 forces and a hunter. Hordes of enemies dropped quickly because of all the techs firing in rapid succession. The enemies were constantly being stunned by the techs and could not get any hits in and the hunter was able to drop the tougher monsters(ex.hildelts) very easily.

We were able to defeat the dragon before it drilled into the ground because we all foied it in the air, killing it before it could drill. Usually when there is only one Fo on the team, not enough damage can be done to the dragons second life bar before it drills. When the dragon takes flight, only guns or a strong foie will drop the dragon.

If only it wasn't so late at nite I would of loved to do that quest 3 more times with that same team.

Either way if you can get a team of 4 to do HS many times in a row, it's very good exp. Just make sure everyone is ready, waiting 5 minutes for someone to get prepared per HS could of been 3 rooms cleared.

Soulblade: The team must me Level 130 or above, must have very strong weapons and you need a FO. Have a full team of 4 people, otherwise the quest will take to long. I reccomend this because it's also a good chance to find rares from enemies like baranz, and sinow blue/reds who generally don't appear so often in regular mines runs. It yields atleast 100k exp.

I might do a mines run and see 8 sinows, but in soul blade you will see maybe 35+ sinows. Great for hunting down a specific rare, but it's a very tough quest.

LollipopLolita
Dec 8, 2002, 10:35 AM
so far what we have i have combined in a guide. check it out.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=590

i tried to make it simple and brief!

ShadowCaster
Dec 13, 2002, 05:47 PM
Look at your weapon stats. A mechgun, that steals exp, that has like a 20%+ to what ever is a mans best friend. To kill easier use what weapons give good %s don't go to caves just because of the extra exp if your wepon has 50- 70% to native. The time you save, and the time you have left over is well worth the smaller amount of exp. Think about it, if it takes you twice as long to clear caves then forest. You can have 2 forest runs in already just start off in regular game mode. Then fake in yellow, the regular back and forth like that

Goza
Dec 13, 2002, 08:14 PM
Retired Hunter is a good one:

99 Monsters.
You can get it down to a science easily.
Donoph will anti level 7 or so on you.
Donoph will take hits for you.
Free trip to Ruins 3 for rare hunting.

Annorax
Dec 13, 2002, 08:21 PM
I would have to agree with the hopping into the forest in ultimate mode and then repeating. That is if your a high enough lvl. I guess you could try it on hard or vhard too. :shrugs: Goodluck to all of you.

Ophelia
Dec 14, 2002, 12:01 PM
If you can tolerate caves, then I say Addicting Food has to be the way to go. Around 100,000+ EXP on ultimate, and every time I do the quest I seem to find a Guilty Light with really nice % or an addslot. Plus, there's always a chance of finding a Mil Lilly...I hope you have better luck in that department than I do! =P

-Oph

00JOE
Dec 14, 2002, 12:11 PM
I kill the monsters, that usually help me lvl up.

Seriously, do Heat Sword and the other qursts a 567579867589675 times! That's what I do.