PDA

View Full Version : Debuffs not always working

FUFME
Mar 10, 2007, 04:44 PM
I got 2 Debuffs around LV13 and they dont always work.

I almost always have to cast it up to 4 times for it to work against a monster..even if Im standing right next to him.

Anyone else having the same issues?

JaiBlue
Mar 10, 2007, 04:50 PM
I'm not, because I don't use em, who needs debuffs when you have PA spammers.

Gamemako
Mar 10, 2007, 04:50 PM
Might be lag. I do not have this problem.

Golto
Mar 10, 2007, 05:04 PM
Yes i've had this problem too. Especially happens when trying against large monsters.

Dhylec
Mar 10, 2007, 05:09 PM
Low lev techs will not be effective against large enemies. Use in low-lv, smaller foes instead. I believe it takes SE lv4 to affect large monsters, at least at a reasonable of tries.

Inazuma
Mar 10, 2007, 05:11 PM
thats just how it is. just like w/ other status effects, they arent always gonna work the first time. sometimes you have to keep trying.

VanHalen
Mar 10, 2007, 05:29 PM
It happened to me once or twice.

FUFME
Mar 10, 2007, 05:29 PM
Ok, was not sure if it was a lag issue. I was just doing Lab S2 and it was now just working fine against the Jarbas.

Even small monsters I sometimes have issues.

Soukosa
Mar 10, 2007, 05:32 PM
Debuffs are essentially status ailments and the higher the target's STA stat, the less of a chance it'll take to work, just like with any other status. Of course, some enemies are also immune to some or all of the debuffs.

Golto
Mar 10, 2007, 05:47 PM
The only enemies I've seen immune to debuff spells are the extra-large type bosses like De Ragan, Onmagoug etc.

Miyoko
Mar 10, 2007, 07:36 PM
Enemies might be resistant to debuffs of the same element. Just a theory.

ThEoRy
Mar 10, 2007, 07:39 PM
Ive noticed this as well. sometimes if im standing a lil too close (right on top of them) to an enemy regardless of size/strength/lvl, debuffs wont take effect. Just step back a lil and try again. usually works 4 me.

Golto
Mar 10, 2007, 07:55 PM
On 2007-03-10 16:39, Octagon wrote:
Ive noticed this as well. sometimes if im standing a lil too close (right on top of them) to an enemy regardless of size/strength/lvl, debuffs wont take effect. Just step back a lil and try again. usually works 4 me.

That seems to make more sense to me. The SE lvl 1 ult twin handgun and shotgun pas work everytime for me regardless of enemies being small or large. So I doubt its something like you must have lvl 3 debuffs to work on large enemies.

Imagiomg
Mar 15, 2007, 07:25 PM
Firstly, for this post: debuff = Jellen, Zalure, and Zoldeel only.

...so then:
My theory on this is that it's related to the de-synching that happens with mobs among/between players.

We're all familiar with the way mobs can be in two places at once, right? So essentially I think that, at least for debuff purposes, a mob is only "truly" in one place, resulting in intermittent debuffing issues.

Thus, higher level debuffs might seem to be more frequently overcoming resistances when they're actually only suffering less from being invisibly out of range.

I very much disagree with the assertion that any mob of any element is anything other than either 0% or 100% resistant to a given debuff (some have seemed immune to Zoldeel for some reason, the S-rank seed-forms for example).

I haven't tested this myself because I'm personally satisfied that this is the case from experience, but it wouldn't be so hard to corroborate.

amtalx
Mar 15, 2007, 07:29 PM
It's good to know im not crazy. I thought my force was just busted haha.

foamcup
Mar 15, 2007, 07:33 PM
Someone in your party was lagging. I play with a guy in Germany, and it makes the monsters warp around a bit. Sucks when trying to land techs.

Sharkyland
Mar 15, 2007, 08:23 PM
I guess this a lot too with my fortetecher... just seems to take like 2 to 3 casts to get them big enemies.

Scion
Mar 16, 2007, 01:13 AM
Actually, I kind of have yet another theory on this.

We all know that stamina increases resistance to status effects. But has anyone ever taken into consideration that it also increases the chance to inflict one? I mean, my fT can't debuff an enemy in one shot. It usually takes 2, maybe even 4 if I'm that unlucky. Now, my GT, on the other hand, even with his lower level 10 debuffs, he almost ALWAYS gets it to stick on the first try. That's when I noticed that he had 2 more stamina than my fT. Plus, another +1 stamina for having an SUV attached. With that info, I decided to stick a Mega/Stamina on my fT, and see if he could debuff a little better. Lo and behold, he does. Still not quite as effective as my guntecher, but 75% of the time, it would stick on the first try.

I don't know, that's something I noticed. Don't believe this to be the absolute truth, because I could still be wrong. Maybe it's something I want to believe to be true, but I really don't know.

IF (and that's a big IF) this is true, females should be better at debuffing than males.

I wonder if anyone caught this too...@_@

chibiLegolas
Mar 16, 2007, 12:18 PM
Interesting theory Hikaru-san. I don't know about FT, but my GT's lvl10 debuffs works 95% from my observations.
I'm a CASEAL with SUV on half the time. The only instances where my debuffs won't work on the 1st try are large monsters. But they always seem to work on the 2nd try.
Not working on small/med mobs is an extreme rarity. Even in S rank rooms. (don't forget, I think you can only debuff up to 6 at once as well). Plus because of my low debuff lvl, I'm required to throw myself into close up combat. I haven't noticed any lag or debuff missing cause of enemies that are on top of me. If anything, they may have a chance to disrupt my casting before it goes off. But in most cases, I'll take the damage, but my spell still goes off.
Oh, and I'm on the PS2, not PC.

Wow. This is really interesting! FT's have stronger debuffs but GT's (maybe WT's too) have a highter chance of sticking? Anyone else has other techer classes to try this theory out?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-03-16 10:27 ]</font>