PDA

View Full Version : Arcade Fire's Neon Bible

CupOfCoffee
Mar 11, 2007, 11:48 AM
I know there are a few other Arcade Fire fans up in heeuh, so what do you guys think of the new album? I got the deluxe one, with the wicked awesome flip books (pointless? yes. awesome? dude, they're flip books!) and the giant, 3D case and I'm extremely happy. Elated, even. I don't think I've actually been this excited for a new album since... well, it's been a long time.

While it still has a bit of growing on me to do and I'm doubtful that it will ever catch "Funeral" in terms of pure awesomeness, "Neon Bible" is a pretty great album. It's filled with bizarre imagery and surprisingly depressing lyrics set to upbeat indie rock, and while Arcade Fire isn't the first band to use this combination, they're certainly one of the more spotlighted ones as of late. "Intervention" and "Black Wave" have been getting lots of iTunes time, and so has "No Cars Go," a dominant re-imagination of one of the songs on their self-titled EP from way back in the day. All in all, I <3 this CD and would be very sad if a traveling group of banditos stole it from me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CupOfCoffee on 2007-03-11 09:48 ]</font>

PJ
Mar 11, 2007, 11:50 AM
OOH WAZZY TOLD ME ABOUT THIS A FEW WEEKS AGO

I totally forgot. Totally wanna go get it.

Hrigg
Mar 11, 2007, 09:16 PM
It's good, but doesn't live up to Funeral.

like an 8.2/10 imo

Leviathan
Mar 11, 2007, 09:22 PM
Arcade Fire?

I saw them on SNL a few weeks back.
Didn't really pay attention though.
They're alright.

Solstis
Mar 11, 2007, 09:55 PM
I don't care about Arcade Fire, but the flip-book thing screams class. Kinda reminds me of when games came with instruction manuals.

Firocket1690
Mar 11, 2007, 10:46 PM
On 2007-03-11 19:55, Solstis wrote:
I don't care about Arcade Fire, but the flip-book thing screams class. Kinda reminds me of when games came with instruction manuals.

They still do. But I remember when people read those things... No, wait? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Ohsnap, I downloaded the leaks as they came out, but never got around to the full album. Hell, I'll get a hard copy for the flip book. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

From what I've heard so far, Intevention, and Black Waves/Bad Vibrations, it sounds promising. I'll probably pick it up tomorrow when I go to virgin.

Eihwaz
Mar 12, 2007, 03:34 PM
Oh, man, I'm loving this album. In about three days, I listened to it over fifteen times (about 10 times on my computer, and the other times on my stereo in my room). IMO, there's not a bad song in the entire album.

I'm not sure what my favorite song is, but I really like Intervention, Ocean of Noise, (Antichrist Television Blues), and No Cars Go (I squealed when I realized they had re-recorded this, one of my favorite songs from the debut EP, for the new album).

I don't just repeat my favorite songs from this album, I just repeat the whole album. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif