PDA

View Full Version : Glitchy Grass Assassins

Polenicus
Dec 6, 2002, 12:26 AM
Is it just me, or are the Grass Assassins somewhat... I dunno, BROKEN?

In both online and offline play, half the time when I see them they simply sit where they spawn, twitching and not moving to attack. They won't attack unless you stand RIGHT in front of them, and even if they do, if you move away they go back to twitching. You can run around killing every other nasty in the room and they won't budge.

Even when they ARE heading for the attack, they travel at something less than a snail's pace, even on Vhard. They have almost NO forward movement (Certainly not as fast as the movement of their legs would dictate). When they charge they move hardly faster than the sharks, and half the time the charge cancels before they actually go anywhere. Basically the only difference between them from Normal to Vhard seems to be the number of hit points they have.

Now, Grass Assassins were never terribly dangerous, especially on their own, but... what happened? I'm SURE they were more dangerous than THIS!

ABDUR101
Dec 6, 2002, 01:06 AM
I have to agree. There were times in the older versions that a Grass Assassin always managed to line itself up in time to stick you in place, to which it would swipe you along with all the other baddies in the room.

And when it charged, your ass moved, because when it hit, it knocked you down. And when it atleast came after you, it moved at a nice pace. You knew it was coming for you.

...definately seems like it's been toned down. Maybe we're just used to Ultimate? o_O

Rhete
Dec 6, 2002, 01:36 AM
I've never noticed any problems in the single player game, on or offline, but in offline multiplayer, they sit there and let me kill them, which is pretty nice in c-mode

Graywords
Dec 6, 2002, 01:49 AM
I noticed the "sit there and twitch like a lobotomized Booma" problem with a Grass Assassin on occasion, too. I sat there and played with it for about ten minutes trying to get it to move, walking on all sides of it, but to no avail. @_@; I guess it was just bad polygon placement? Or is something wrong with its AI? I know I got another enemy to exhibit this same behavior, too... I think it was a Sinow of some sort, but I'm not sure.

Anyhow, I don't think the Assassin's is suddenly slower or less violent, per se... it moves the same as in any other versions, as far as I can tell. Its charge was always easily stoppable, just attack... even if you miss, it stops. And it wasn't ever a speed-demon in its normal movement, either. It's just that weird-arse twitch glitch that makes it seem different, I guess. o.O

EDarkness
Dec 6, 2002, 02:50 AM
I noticed this a while back. I don't know what's causing the glitch, but it's pretty annoying. I expected them to at least put up some kind of fight. As blatent as the bug is you would figure SOMEONE at Sonic Team would have seen it and fixed it. Guess it wasn't important enough.

-EDarkness

EsperFlame
Dec 6, 2002, 03:00 AM
Oh well, at worst it's easy exp. At best it's an easy Grass Assassin Blades.

CorneliusPower
Dec 6, 2002, 08:45 AM
I agree with Esper. I know this to be a subject like ," Why this, Why that??" But consider it a blessing these almost threatless grass assasins dont do squat but sit there and want you to have Grass Assasin Arms for Dr. Montague to make a weapon out of. I've gotten a couple so far....please Mr. Grass Assasin sit still so i can have your arms. My 2 cents, Peace.

Annoy
Dec 6, 2002, 01:23 PM
Hmm...never noticed that.

In all my modes, the Grass Assassin was move-able. It chased me whenever I'd stand anywhere in front of it (sides, front, etc.) It would attack if I would just stand there and let it swing. Though most of the time I'd attack it first. The only times I've had the GA (Grass Assassin) stuck is when I would run around a corner, and it was too stupid to go around the corner to get at me. Then I would shoot it and it would die.

ABDUR101
Dec 6, 2002, 05:18 PM
I must just be used to Vers 2 Ultimate mode...I'm used to zigging and zagging o_O

I think it moves at a crawl, which is an annoyance.

I don't remember it's ram attack being so easy to cancel though, I remember atleast having to HIT it before it would cancel, thats why you either made a dash to move out of it's way or you tried to gun it down en route.