PDA

View Full Version : gamebridge question

youthisoverrated
Mar 11, 2007, 06:03 PM
i read somewhere on here, someone was wondering the same thing i was and posted before i did, that this thing could take pictures from my 360 screen and put it on my computer. i'm going to get one for my birthday, and was wondering if i can still play my 360 on my tv. there's a 400 model and a 410 model. here's the descrption for the 410:

Product Description
Adaptec GameBridge TV AVC-1410 turns your PC or notebook into a gaming and entertainment center. Connect your PS 2, Xbox, Xbox 360 and GameCube game consoles to your PC or notebook, and play games in real time all through your computer. Connect it to an antenna, cable, or set-top box to watch and record your favorite TV shows.With GameBridge TV there's no lag time. Click the controller and the fast response gets you out of the tightest spots. You'll even see things more clearly, since your computer monitor provides better graphical resolution than a standard TV.Use the handy on-screen control panel to record videos of your best maneuvers or take snapshots of your best score or level. Save them to your hard disk, VCD, or DVD, and always have a library of your best performances and favorite moves.GameBridge TV snapshots and recordings make it simple to show your friends and brag to them about how you moved to the next level, share high scores, and prove your prowess. Replay them any time.GameBridge TV also provides a very affordable way to add an extra TV or to gain the benefits of a Personal Video Recorder (PVR). Schedule recordings to your hard drive and never miss your favorite shows again. Take snapshots of any scene. The integrated remote control lets you sit back, get comfortable and move between up to 125 channels. With GameBridge TV, you can even preview a thumbnail image of what's on a channel before you choose it.GameBridge TV includes everything you need, even cables. One cable plugs easily into your computer's USB2.0 port, a color-coded 4-in-1 cable provides a simple connection to your game console, and a third cable connects your TV source to your GameBridge TV. The credit-card-sized GameBridge TV unit and all its cables fit into the included carrying case, so you can easily take them anywhere you take your computer.Convert Home Videos to VCD/DVD Convert your VHS videos and create long lasting VCD/DVD archives of your precious moments.

it says connects your tv source, but i'm still a little confused. could someone help me out?

VioletSkye
Mar 11, 2007, 07:24 PM
It's basically just a video capture device like any other (although this one is specifically targeted at gamers.) You can either connect your console to it (through RCA or S video connection) or connect an active coax cable to it and watch TV on your PC.

youthisoverrated
Mar 11, 2007, 07:42 PM
but can i make my 360 still play on my tv?

VioletSkye
Mar 11, 2007, 07:50 PM
You can either run your 360 through your TV or through your pc using the adaptec, but not both at the same time without another device. If you want to play through your TV, hook it up to that. If you want to switch, hook it up to the adaptec. If you're asking if you can hook it up to the adaptec and then at some point switch to a tv, then yes you can hook it up to either at any time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2007-03-11 17:52 ]</font>

youthisoverrated
Mar 11, 2007, 07:53 PM
but not both lol sorry if i'm being confusing.

VioletSkye
Mar 11, 2007, 07:58 PM
Exactly, using the adaptec, you will only be able to see the game on your pc monitor. You won't be able to see it on your pc monitor and the tv screen at the same time. When you are done running it through your pc monitor, you can then hook it back up to a tv like normal and watch it on your tv screen. Hope that made sense http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If you wanted to see it on both your tv screen and your pc monitor, you'll need to split the signal using a Y connector (either RCA or S video depending on what inputs your tv has.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2007-03-11 18:02 ]</font>

youthisoverrated
Mar 11, 2007, 08:02 PM
ok awesome thank you