PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Guide : Mizura Tactics

Urtri
Mar 12, 2007, 06:35 AM
Ok this is a guide for the easy task of killing Mizura`s (aka Bee`s). To be honest i dont see what the fuss is about em as I never seem to have a problem with em (they waste time sure but at S and S2 rank you can say the same thing about Jarba's and aal i do about them is to perma-lock em into stagger with Rising Crush)

First a few pointers on what to do and what Not to do.

1- NEVER knock em down as they only change direction after being knocked down

2- Allways atack from behind. High EVP means nothing in this direction.

3- when entering a room that has Mizura's stay together until they chose their direction. This will reduce the chances of them facing each other and being the pans that people think them to be.

2nd a few Hints and helpful peices of advice.

1- burn, virus and poisen G traps reduce the time needed to kill em but DONT use Damage G traps

2- Rising Strike does not appear to cause em to turn after being knocked down

3- Try not to stand on their shadow for any amount of time as you can still take damage if they fire their stingers when you are on the shadow.

4- You Can push em. use this helpfuk fact to move mizura's into more useful and less dangerous positions.

Now what i find useful by weapon type
Hunter Weapons - Best weapons are to use are Knuckles with Bogga Danga (1st part only),Twin Daggers with renkai buyou-zan and Twin Sabers with rising crush (see above). But any weapon and skill that doesnt cause knock down is fine to use

Ranger Weapons - Any Ranged weapons is fine to use but the best are Rifles and Bows with Dark or Fire element bullets at lvl 21+ for max effect

Force - Force Techics are the best way to kill Mizura's as they never miss the target and Diga at any lvl (and with other ground Technics for the additional bonus) is THE best weapon avaiable. However avoid using NOS class spells as they cause knockdown effects.

This is all based on information that i have gathered either by doing it myself or from what i've seen doing Lab Recovery Runs at S2 lvl (untill i had to leave the last group i was in took only about 1000 hp of damage total from Mizara's that spawned to replace their fallen Friends)

Hope People find this useful and puts a stop to people constantly restarting Lab and Goltova Maps.

---- i eidted this post as the frist draft was written on a psp which has a limited memory----

---- New Edit ----

It Appears that there are a few players who are saying that Mizura's do turn around even without being knocked down. Having done a few solo runs at ranks C-S i can say they do NOT turn round unless you
are causing a KNOCK BACK or KNOCK DOWN.

Also Hurrah its Now a Helpful PSU Guide

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Urtri on 2007-03-12 06:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Urtri on 2007-03-26 03:50 ]</font>

Dhylec
Mar 12, 2007, 08:45 AM
Not bad. I think this can be helpful to those who aren't familiar to dealing with Mizura.

omegapirate2k
Mar 12, 2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks!

SabZero
Mar 12, 2007, 09:10 AM
The problem with these buggers is that I have a hard time seeing where the backside is (when it's a fray). Darn it.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 12, 2007, 01:24 PM
may I also suggest twin swords and spear as a good bee killer?

Reason: dus daggas is a very linear attack, which does not cause knockdown in it's first two moves, and spear has great ATP/ATA. Spears are also available to almost every class.

Twin swords have great ATA for those races with ATA issues, and the regular double saber attack is time efficient for # of hits.

On the ranger front...I've had luck with burn..virus seems to take too long. What I wonder is if shock will stop thier attacks? (I do not have a SE3 shock weapon as of yet)

RadiantLegend
Mar 13, 2007, 07:50 AM
mizura's are cake, its the damn bugge's i HATE!!!

>_< They never show their back....

SarinSerafi
Mar 13, 2007, 08:03 AM
I use an earth Ank Pikor, and when I'm the only one fighting a certain group of Mizura, I spam Anga Redda from behind. They take a lot of damage from it. Also helps to have high percent electric armor (I have a 50% electric Rabol Asted) to take as little damage as possible. With 21+ Deband I take 0-2 points of damage, and don't care about poison.

But thanks for the tips. Hopefully this will convince even a few people that Mizura are not that bad. Really tired of the "no bee runs". I'd like to see more Jaggos. :/

SolomonGrundy
Mar 13, 2007, 01:14 PM
On 2007-03-13 06:03, SarinSerafi wrote:
I use an earth Ank Pikor, and when I'm the only one fighting a certain group of Mizura, I spam Anga Redda from behind. They take a lot of damage from it. Also helps to have high percent electric armor (I have a 50% electric Rabol Asted) to take as little damage as possible. With 21+ Deband I take 0-2 points of damage, and don't care about poison.

But thanks for the tips. Hopefully this will convince even a few people that Mizura are not that bad. Really tired of the "no bee runs". I'd like to see more Jaggos. :/

um...Axe+Beast+Bee = 0's I have tied axe on B rank missions with the zodial item and it is not pretty.

Also, it has been suggested that bees do not turn around. This is untrue. I went and tested it. Even if you do not knowck them down, they do turn to face you.

Jarek
Mar 13, 2007, 01:34 PM
On 2007-03-13 11:14, SolomonGrundy wrote:
Also, it has been suggested that bees do not turn around. This is untrue. I went and tested it. Even if you do not knowck them down, they do turn to face you.

Really? Because I've done run after run and they never turn around once they've chosen a direction-unless they are knocked away.

Neith
Mar 13, 2007, 02:07 PM
um...Axe+Beast+Bee = 0's I have tied axe on B rank missions with the zodial item and it is not pretty.

Anga Redda from the back= 100% accuracy.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 13, 2007, 02:17 PM
On 2007-03-13 11:34, psobsesser wrote:

Really? Because I've done run after run and they never turn around once they've chosen a direction-unless they are knocked away.

I literally have run around the back of bees with my partner machine engaging in front to front combat. I get some hits in, the bees see me as the new agro target and turn to face me. I would be happy to demo this to anyone on the 360, but cannot take screen shots, unfortunately.

I defintely do NOT knock them down either. this is with normal hits. (non photon art)

Jarek
Mar 13, 2007, 02:30 PM
I hate to ask such an obvious question, but you are talking about Mizura right? And not those BUGGE-TYPE whatevers?
(don't kill me)
Because with those bugges, they do move around a lot and don't sit stationary like the mizura do. So it's a lot harder to hit them from behind.
If you really do mean mizura, then I have no idea.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 13, 2007, 03:03 PM
The lightning element bugs in two headed dragon runs, and in Mad beasts. Those are Mizura, yes?

Jarek
Mar 13, 2007, 03:37 PM
Yup, they are.
*has no idea*
All I know is I can get behind them and strike them to death, and they never turn around.

SarinSerafi
Mar 13, 2007, 04:11 PM

Hit the bees FROM BEHIND. Then you have 100% accuracy. Zodial/Zodiaraide or not, you can attack Mizura with any weapon from behind and you will not miss. It is NOT hard.

The Mizura only turn when you knock them back. I only play S2, and this is how they behave there. Maybe they behave differently in lower ranked missions, who knows.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 13, 2007, 04:17 PM
On 2007-03-13 14:11, SarinSerafi wrote:

Hit the bees FROM BEHIND. Then you have 100% accuracy. Zodial/Zodiaraide or not, you can attack Mizura with any weapon from behind and you will not miss. It is NOT hard.

The Mizura only turn when you knock them back. I only play S2, and this is how they behave there. Maybe they behave differently in lower ranked missions, who knows.

I am not an idiot, you know. Do you think I was sitting there blindly flailing away from the front? Maybe they DO act differently in S2. I know I have never done an S2 mission as my fellow PSU friends are not at that level yet.

There IS different behavior for different ranks. For instance vandana's on C rank can still breath fire when silenced. They also do not turn once they have begun breathing fire.

BahnKnakyu
Mar 13, 2007, 11:46 PM
I disagree. I don't know what kinda Mizuras you're fighting, but the ones I fight turn when you try to manuever behind them, and occasionally they'll "rush" at you with that dash attack that knocks you back. If I hit their backsides and no other HUs touch them, they turn around to hit me, so I honestly don't know wtf I'm doing differently, since I make it a point to not knock them down.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 14, 2007, 12:15 PM
On 2007-03-13 21:46, BahnKnakyu wrote:
I disagree. I don't know what kinda Mizuras you're fighting, but the ones I fight turn when you try to manuever behind them, and occasionally they'll "rush" at you with that dash attack that knocks you back. If I hit their backsides and no other HUs touch them, they turn around to hit me, so I honestly don't know wtf I'm doing differently, since I make it a point to not knock them down.

thank goodness someone who confirms thier behavior!

Tulio07
Mar 14, 2007, 09:02 PM
my strategy in fighting them is get behind them then use twin mayalee, then twin dark, then spear them to death. I try to get two of them close together to get multiple bees hit.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 15, 2007, 01:52 AM
1. Zoldeel.
2. Diga ad nauseam.
3. If you have to melee, attack from behind.
4. If you can't seem to attack from behind, then use weapons with high ATA and do NOT use a PA, just regular attacks (but this shouldn't be a problem, since they are easy to approach from behind).