PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything about the Phantasy Star series I should kn

Zorafim
Mar 12, 2007, 11:02 AM
I'm new to the series, though I'm hooked on it. I started with PSO GC and went from there, and have played PSI, PSII (I still need to go through Noah...), PSIV, PSO I+II, and PSU (offline and on). Is there any other parts of the series or spinoffs of it that I should know of?

DurakkenX
Mar 12, 2007, 01:54 PM
do you mean ones that you could also play or that are important to the story?

There is a game that happens after PS1 and before PS2 that involves Alis going to another planet or something and i think there is another game out there that adds to the story...There is also PSO:BB and PSOep3 which all add to the PSO story.

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 12, 2007, 05:02 PM
If you're looking for the complete list, There's also Phantasy Star III generations of doom for genesis, Phantasy Star Gaiden for game gear, Phantasy Star Adventure for game gear and the prequels text adventures for Phantasy Star II.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 12, 2007, 06:45 PM
On 2007-03-12 15:02, Jonathan_F wrote:
If you're looking for the complete list, There's also Phantasy Star III generations of doom for genesis, Phantasy Star Gaiden for game gear, Phantasy Star Adventure for game gear and the prequels text adventures for Phantasy Star II.

It's worthy of note, that Phantasy Star Gaiden, Phantasy Star Adventure and the PSII Text Adventures were never officially brought to the English language. There are ROMs of the two Game Gear titles that can be found with a little searching, that have been patched with English translations (remember that linking to these ROMs or explaining how to get them is a violation of forum rules).

The Text Adventures have not all been translated, and no translation patch exists, however, Naflign worked with Rebecca Capowski and another translator whose name is deftly evading my memory at the present moment, to re-create several of the games in English. As I recall, he only completed a handful of them, including Nei's Text Adventure, Rolf's, Rudo's and Amia's, if I remember rightly. He may have completed more that I am unaware of, but his site has never been the subject of stable existence, so finding them somewhere for download is unlikely. Your best bet is to find someone who already has them, and talk him into sending them to you.

pionear
Mar 13, 2007, 05:21 PM
Yeah, the only one you left out in the main series was PSIII, which alot of people consider the 'weakest' of the series.

Not a bad game, but not quite on the same level of the others.

MrNomad
Mar 13, 2007, 06:05 PM
On 2007-03-13 15:21, pionear wrote:
Yeah, the only one you left out in the main series was PSIII, which alot of people consider the 'weakest' of the series.

True, the one thing i didnt like about PSIII is that its graphically inferior to the other genesis ones IMO. Also the same for sound,music etc., but i really hated how un-phantasy star-like the game's feeling had in terms of visuals

Helios
Mar 13, 2007, 09:53 PM
i'd say, mainly, you should just go ahead and fight your way through noah.

Obscenity
Mar 14, 2007, 02:15 AM
On 2007-03-13 16:05, MrNomad wrote:

On 2007-03-13 15:21, pionear wrote:

True, the one thing i didnt like about PSIII is that its graphically inferior to the other genesis ones IMO. Also the same for sound,music etc., but i really hated how un-phantasy star-like the game's feeling had in terms of visuals

The graphics in PSIII were good, it's the animations that sucked. I personally liked the game's music a lot. Actually, I like III more than II overall. II is my least favorite in the series.

Nai_Calus
Mar 14, 2007, 06:36 AM
PSII is an exercise in depression. I can't think of any other video game with so consistently depressing a story. It kicks into the angst early on and doesn't ever let up with it. I can definitely see how that could lead to not liking it as much. XD