PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: The Six Square Circus Chronicles

Akaimizu
Mar 12, 2007, 11:12 AM
Note: These Chronicles are basically various one reply-length short stories (like a comic) in a PSU world where the Six Square Circus exists. Since Tynselle Nbareh is joined by other characters, this topic is now named this way. Assume the "Origins of a Sharpshooter" is canon for these shorts.

For those interested, the original Origins of a Sharpshooter fic is here:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=131966&forum=12&9

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-12 12:12 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Mar 12, 2007, 11:14 AM
Chronicle One - Enter Mufonna.

http://home.att.net/~akaimizu/psoworld/nbarehcandid/PSOTIGRE_001.jpg

Mufonna Tigre
Part 1 - So many Guardians:

Beast Guardian: (Taking out a portable tablet) Let me see here. Mufonna Tigre. Beast Hunter, may I guess?

Mufonna: (looking to her left) Yes.

Beast Guardian: Hmm. You have completed the training?

Mufonna: (still looking to her left)..................Yes.

Beast Guardian: I'm just getting your records straight. We don't want to thrust untrained Guardians into the fray, you know. We've got lots of work to do and jobs with different threat levels.

Mufonna: ...

The Beast Guardian stops and puts on a tamer gesture saying, "It's ok. I have to ask these questions......So. if I may ask, what brings you here to be a guardian?"

Mufonna: I want to help. My parents saw me fight the SEED when they invaded. I didn't know what else to do. I thought I might die.........but I didn't. They said I should be a Guardian, when I'm old enough.

Beast Guardian: Is that what you want to do?

Mufonna: Yes.

Beast Guardian: Good. Here's your card. Here's where you'll be staying:

Code:
Name: Mufonna Tigre
Guardian Room: CC-XX
Current Occupants: Tynselle Nbareh

Mufonna: (Reading her data card) Tynselle Nbareh? Is that right?

Beast Guardian: That's it. Apparently some starlet from a travelling band of performers.

Mufonna: Nbareh.....(looking deep in thought) I think I've heard that name before.

Young female voice: Hmm?

Beast Guardian: Heh. Well you'll remember it now. If you ask me, she's a strange character, that one. Always celebrating that Christmas event or something. I bet she still has the decorations up and it's coming towards spring now. I also hear that her place is a real zoo.

Tynselle: Circus.

Beast Guardian: Hey! Where did you come from?

Tynselle: I heard my name, so I thought I would check you guys out. So who's this girl?

Beast Guardian: Her name is Mufonna Tigre. She'll be sharing one of your quarters.

Tynselle looks as if to give a shrewd examination of Mufonna.

Tynselle: She looks pretty strong. Agile too. I could use---

Beast Guardian: This is no time for circus recruiting.

Tynselle: Me? Recruit? No. I was noticing that she seems to be some kind of hunter. I have some good weapons she might be able to use. I'll just put them in storage, for her. Not that I can use them.

Tynselle moves towards Mufonna, extending a hand upwards.

Tynselle: You certainly are a tall one! My names Tynselle, circus performer and Sharpshooter Extraordinaire of the Nbareh Six Square Circus, at your service!

Mufonna takes the hand and shakes it with an unusual softness, for a beast.

Mufonna (with a soft voice): Mufonna Tigre. Nice to meet you. I think I remember you. "Into the Wonderful" is that right?

Tynselle: You know it! And if you wanna know about guns, I'm your girl!

Beast Guardian: I hear she even sleeps with them.

Tynselle glares over to the Beast Guardian, who simply looks to the side, with a big grin on his face.

Mufonna: I am quite honored. I've just arrived and I'm already rooming with fame.

Tynselle: (with a wry grin) Heh heh!! Well now, Mufonna. Let me show you around the place.

Mufonna: Uhh.. Ok.

Beast Guardian: Well I'll just be leaving you two alone. Welcome to the Guardians, Ms. Tigre.

The Beast Guardian leaves towards the elevators. Tynselle appears to pick something off the ground. She seems to do a performance spin before thrusting two hands forward, handing some Meseta over to Mufonna.

Tynselle: Here ya go! Some meseta to get you started! Welcome to the Six Square Circus, Mufonna!

Mufonna: Eh?? But I thought this was Clyez City!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-12 09:55 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Mar 12, 2007, 11:18 AM
Chronicle Two - An acquisition only a Mad scientist would love. Or a Gunner.

To start, a price summary.

Code:
GRM Shop - West Parum - 23:00 Hours
Evil Twins (Dual Handguns) - $165,000

Average minimum Guardian shop prices for months - $161,000-$170,000

Price too many Guardian shops sell for - $200,000

An evil Acquisition:

It's on this day Tynselle yet looks for the elusive Evil Twins. With about 2 weeks of savings, the excitement draws near, as just enough funds were acquired to buy from the GRM shop. Still, before she commits to buying them, she without putting much hope in it, makes one last look around the Guardian shops for a possible discount on her long awaited item.

After several versions sold for either near the GRM store price or way over....

Tynselle: Hmph! Typical! How the heck they think they'll sell these? $200K? Is it even possible to fool people like this, if they've worked long enough to have $200K?

Moments go by, and more shops are investigated.

Tynselle: Whoah! Someone is selling for $150,000? That's the lowest I've seen them in......ever!! I'll remember this and quickly look through the rest of the shops. Hopefully it isn't gone by then.

Near to the bottom of the list of shops she saw carrying the weapon, she spots another great deal.

Tynselle: Wu---what? One h-h-hund-dred Th-thirty? But that.......
(she calculates the difference between the GRM shop and this price noticing a savings of 35,000)

Tynselle: But that so almost makes up for the Tengohg Bow synth I lost. Heck. I could almost buy one with the savings alone.

Tynselle adds even extra speed to check the last two stores to see if there's a better deal. It's a tense moment, though. She could imagine those guns disappearing in seconds!! No better deals there, but fortunately nobody beat her speed. She quickly rushed back to the store sounding almost like an English-translated Auctioneer from Osaka, "Sold! Sold! Sold!!!!!!!"

Tynselle makes a quick rush to the field, to see them in her hands.

Tynselle: "They're........They're Great!! They look so different. So....killer!!"

Later, back at the Guardian dorm rooms.......

A beast is awaken from her beauty slumber to the sounds of snickers and evil laughter.

"yes......yes........YES!!!!!!", a voice exclaims from the other room.

"Tynselle?", a mild but groggy beast voice asks, "Are you ok?"

"Yes!"

"Did something happen to you?"

"Yes!"

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Yea----errrr-----Umm..... That's ok, Mufonna. I'm fine...........in fact.... I'm Very Fine!!!" (no trademark necessary)

"Ok. I'm going back to bed. You should get some rest too, you know you have a big day coming. I hate to see something happen to you, because you didn't..."

"Can't Sleep! Looking at Twin Gunnies!"

".........but don't you see them everyday?"

"Not ones like these," says Tynselle. Letting out a soft giggle.

"You sure you're ok?"

"I'm fine. Just....just let me look at these a while longer."

"Well..ok. I wish you a pleasant night, Tynselle. And please...don't forget to rest," Mufonna says, her voice almost nurturing.

Tynselle lowers her voice, "Gee.. Why does she have to be so....so formal...so polite. Isn't she remotely mad that I woke her? Hmph! Probably just scored one of those new prissy doll-like outfits to keep her happy."

Tynselle turns around in place, assuming a pose that mildly mocks a Guardian station Greeter. "Understand that you'll be sharing living quarters with a new Beast Guardian aspiring to be a Fortefighter. And oh! Did I forget to tell ya that she brings you Sunshine and Flowers, with a little sprinkling of Rainbows, every so often?"

"Hmmm? Did you just say something, Tynselle?"

"Oh! Nothing. I will!" Tynselle says, answering Mufonna's last request. Her voice drops to an even softer mumble, "....Darn...beast ears..."

Tynselle eyes her new guns on the table, the lone table lamp with its light focused on them. Thoughts parade around Tynselle's head about how she'll protect them overnight. Perhaps a trip to the shop, to collect a bunch of traps are in order. Yeah!!! That'll teach whatever foolish Guardian who ever TRIES to take these!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-13 10:14 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Apr 10, 2007, 03:12 PM
Ok. I'm getting back to making more Chronicle Entries surrounding the Six Square Circus. A universe in which the story of PSU is intermixed with the existance of this famous travelling circus and its associated characters.

Especially since the expansion is actually *and coincidentally* utilizing certain aspects that were first publicized, in this story. It looks like I can easily carry this on into the expansion (including the new Guardian types). Before I continue, with the regular journals, I'll use this post to actually cover the characters that have been revealed so far. A quick read, for those wanting some cliff notes about each character and what they've done.

-----------------------------------------------------

Tynselle - I have much backstory, on this site, to repeat much of her. But I'll do a very quick but flat summation of her.
(Famous New Sharpshooter and Acrobatic performer of the Nbareh Six Square Circus, run by her parents. She brings her talents to the Guardian's Colony with hopes that her talent can be a big help to many people. Also to make a bigger name for herself. She's an entertainer through and through, and her sly, over-confident, and outspoken nature shows it. She seems to hold a special love for her collection of Twin Gunnies [as she lovingly calls them] for some reason. Nobody asks her why, and Tynselle is perfectly fine with them not asking. She'd probably just say, "because they are the best!!" and be done with it anyway; that is, if she doesn't come up with some other spiel about why they're great.)

Mufonna Tigre (Dorm-mate of Tynselle) - (A mild and gentle beast...........sometimes. At this point, no other Guardian knows much about her. They know that she seems to be among the most sweetest, kindest, and most nurturing Guardians they've seen......sometimes. That is......until something happens to her, on the field. Her attitude towards the SEED-infested beasts and enemy agents is a near polar opposite. At this time, few Guardians have travelled with her, and seen her transformation. The most odd thing is, even then, she seems to almost instantly change back to a complete polite, formal, and sweet creature when addressing other Guardians. One even said they saw her rampage a bunch of monsters like an enraged demon, only to seemingly not remember any of it, afterwards. A split personality? Who knows? What in the known universe, could've happened to her to make her like this? Even at this point, Tynselle is completely unaware of Mufonna's changes, on the field. Guardians in the know are keeping it hush hush. Tynselle still can't get over the fact that this Beast, aspiring to be a ForteFighter no less, is some doll-outfit-wearing, sweet saccharine-filled, bringer of sunshine. Never-the-less, Tynselle is prepared to train Mufonna in the ways of the circus.)

Katlego Nbareh - (Father of Tynselle. Owns the Six Square Circus, a travelling caravan of ships that brings the Circus around to various inhabited systems. His first name means "Success" in an African Bantu language. Not surprisingly, he is definitely business-minded, sometimes to the concern of his wife Cynthia. He's not without a good sense of humor. He's both the MC and the premier animal-tamer of the circus who wields a Photon Whip to communicate with.)

Cynthia Nbareh - (Mother of Tynselle. Owns the Six Square Circus, with her husband Katlego. Also a distant African descendant, she's a wearer of many hats. Both literally and metaphorically. Different hats to different costumes, she leads the high flying circus acts with her feats of flexibility and dexterity. Skilled on the tight-rope, she trains and performs with various other Humans, Beasts, and Newman acrobats. On the ground, she also employs Casts in the act, though audiences are generally more impressed with the non-casts due to the sheer fact people can easily design a cast to do anything. It's another thing to fine tune muscles and push limitations, to perform feats beyond the imagination. Cynthia also happens to be a great living calculator of sums, as she keeps well in-touch with the funds of the circus. Last, but not least, she tends to monitor much of what happens at the circus, suggesting needs for it.)

Stints - (Probably one of the greatest Human Sharpshooters that ever lived. But don't get me wrong, he's still alive. He's just retired and living his remaining days outside of the limelight. He is a MAJOR cowboy-wannabe, and prides listening and watching collected ancient-footage of what was once said to be Saturday-Morning Serials. He has a collection of Western music to fit the mood. Over the years, he kind of developed a Southern tinge to his speech, which developed into a serious habit of his. To look at him, is like looking into past ancestry. A cowboy brought to the future. Before he retired, he became Tynselle's tutor and trained her in the ways of Sharp-shooting. He also infected her with a bit of his infectuous speech. Tynselle considered him her best friend, and one can hear some of his contagious lines from her.)

Xtian913
May 8, 2007, 11:26 AM
I'm really enjoying Mufonna's mystique. Her design is quite refreshing as well! I'm liking the juxtaposition of her sweet & innocent exterior with the possibility of hiding a much more savage & sinister battle-hardened interior. Sure, we've seen a few similar characters in anime, but once again, her design make it quite unique. Looking forward to reading more about her! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xtian913 on 2007-05-08 09:27 ]</font>

Akaimizu
May 8, 2007, 12:49 PM
Thanks, and will do. As I play Mufonna more, I will probably throw more stuff into the mix about her. Her next short story is brewing, but there's a few more things I need to finish it. That will be inspired, in-game. Starting at around May14th for about 10 days I wont have Broadband access and thus no online PSU access. I should hopefully have some more time to write a few things down while I'm away.

And while the battle-hardened interior has been done before (I normally think of older US/UK/European books, for these kinds of things, as I'm more Western-inspired than anime), Mufonna's general character is based on a similar motif as was given to Tynselle, or most of my characters. She's created with the main idea of breaking the stereotype. So, in a way, I have to thank SEGA for creating the beast stereotype just so I could find ways to break it. Tynselle was created to break stereotypes of her gender, race, and anything else I could think of. This by giving her a very unique background. They say that the Life you experienced makes you.

Stints was a character I also loved because of his instrumental input to what Tynselle has become. The world of PSU gave me an idea in which I purposely wanted a "Cowboy Wannabe" way more than someone who actually is one or is way too convincing as one. Besides, the entire idea of a "Cowboy Wannabe", living in the world of PSU is so much more believable.

This is where a little bit of, on purpose, superficiality goes a long way. One that, while the character takes it to heart, they still would seem a bit shallow in their representation of the time and people. Even his southern-like accent isn't supposed to be quite right (as was written in the original backstory) That level of *just under the surface* cowboy, is something I wanted to transfer to Tynselle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-08 11:06 ]</font>