PDA

View Full Version : Any Debaters out there?

Temjin-On
Mar 12, 2007, 04:20 PM
As in people who compete in National Forensic League competitions and have stories to share.

I'm an active member as we speak, and my district tournament is coming up this weekend.

Tengoku
Mar 12, 2007, 06:48 PM
On 2007-03-12 14:20, Temjin-On wrote:
As in people who compete in National Forensic League competitions and have stories to share.

I'm an active member as we speak, and my district tournament is coming up this weekend.
Not I, but good luck anyways!

Eihwaz
Mar 13, 2007, 03:29 PM
I'm in debate! I do Lincoln-Douglass debate pretty much to the exclusion of everything else.

I was very disappointed that I didn't get my final two state points. I really wanted to go to TFA State.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 13, 2007, 03:33 PM
I've never participated in a formal debate, but I do debate quite frequently, and find it to be quite the fascinating sport to participate in. I really should've gotten involved in some sort of a debate circuit back when I was in High School...

Temjin-On
Mar 13, 2007, 04:57 PM
On 2007-03-13 13:29, Eihwaz wrote:
I'm in debate! I do Lincoln-Douglass debate pretty much to the exclusion of everything else.

I was very disappointed that I didn't get my final two state points. I really wanted to go to TFA State.

Fun fun, LD is the one thing I never really did, I am a much more accomplished Extemoraneous Speaker, Congressman and Public Forum team member.

Eihwaz
Mar 14, 2007, 12:37 AM
I've done Student Congress and Public Forum before.

I liked StuCo pretty well, but Public Forum wasn't my thing. My partner kept saying really stupid things, and it didn't help that we kept getting the side we had no idea how to debate.

Temjin-On
Mar 14, 2007, 06:33 PM
On 2007-03-13 22:37, Eihwaz wrote:
I've done Student Congress and Public Forum before.

I liked StuCo pretty well, but Public Forum wasn't my thing. My partner kept saying really stupid things, and it didn't help that we kept getting the side we had no idea how to debate.

I rock face at Student Congress. I'm usually more modest, but I have to admit, I love it.