PDA

View Full Version : Rifle users/killer shot spamers/protransers have got it made

MrFortegunner
Mar 12, 2007, 05:14 PM
WE'RE BASICALLY DONE WITH THE GAME ALMOST!!! for rifle users, all you need are phantoms with the phantom line and you basically got an 11* rifle+, with the phantom line getting that DFP bonus, you'll basically have an armour as strong as an 11* too!!! Also, for killer shot spammers, all you need are a lot of 10 grinded brahoh's and a lvl 30 killer shot and you're basically done with everything. & Protransers, since you can only use A ranks, you've basically got every item you can get in front of you!!!!!

Shiryuu
Mar 12, 2007, 05:36 PM
I still want a Phantom +10...

omegapirate2k
Mar 12, 2007, 05:59 PM
I doubt killer shot is that effective, even at level 30...

Kuya
Mar 12, 2007, 06:07 PM
Effectiveness doesn't change from 21-30. I finally got mine to 21 and haven't done "extensive" testing (100+ hours) but from what I can tell with some luck...

Robots (low STA) - Great - 1-4 shots
Small mobs (badria) - Good - 1-8 shots
Medium mobs (Delsabers) - Ok 1-15 shots or 3 rifles (+6 Falgohoh http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)
Large mobs + - Terrible - I don't remember killing anything "large".

I'm glad that I finally have it done - now to wait on GoF S2 or Train S2...

Soukosa
Mar 12, 2007, 06:11 PM
A) Killer Shot isn't that great on anything with even moderate amount of STA (like 80% of the enemies in this game) on top of the fact that there's plenty of enemies that are immune to the Down SE!

B) PTs can't use rifles. That just about shows how seriously one should take this post. Besides... if you're worried about the strength of your weapons than you must not be playing a PT right.

MrFortegunner
Mar 12, 2007, 06:35 PM
On 2007-03-12 15:59, omegapirate2k wrote:

THAT IS THE BIGGEST LOAD OF BULL**** IN THE WORLD!!! IT"S ****IN' GOOD!!!

Rizen
Mar 12, 2007, 07:02 PM
Killer Shot is great, but is only really effective against enemies lower ranked enemies with low STA.

And MrFortegunner, please lay off the caps and don't attack people if you havent used or seen it in action thoroughly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-03-12 17:02 ]</font>

Corran1
Mar 12, 2007, 08:13 PM
you use fire bullets on ice and vise versa, just think of this as robot killer. also, robots are irritating and time consuming, this makes them easier. Im just supprised I dont see every fortegunner and gunteacher in the game @ GOF searching for the cannon.

omegapirate2k
Mar 12, 2007, 08:44 PM
On 2007-03-12 16:35, MrFortegunner wrote:

On 2007-03-12 15:59, omegapirate2k wrote:

Screenshots or it didn't happen.

XD

MrFortegunner
Mar 12, 2007, 11:13 PM
On 2007-03-12 18:13, Corran1 wrote:
you use fire bullets on ice and vise versa, just think of this as robot killer. also, robots are irritating and time consuming, this makes them easier. Im just supprised I dont see every fortegunner and gunteacher in the game @ GOF searching for the cannon.

MAN, I HATE WHEN PEOPLE MISUNDERSTAND KILLER SHOT AS A ROBOT ONLY KILLER!! Don't get me wrong, I thank you for backing me up on how killer shot is good, BUT IT'S AN EVERYONE KILLER!!!!!

SolRiver
Mar 12, 2007, 11:14 PM
PT is still waiting for all the ult PA for every single weapon they can get to level 30. (spear, sword, etc)

MrFortegunner
Mar 12, 2007, 11:14 PM
On 2007-03-12 17:02, Rizen wrote:
Killer Shot is great, but is only really effective against enemies lower ranked enemies with low STA.

And MrFortegunner, please lay off the caps and don't attack people if you havent used or seen it in action thoroughly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-03-12 17:02 ]</font>

F.Y.I: I've been usin it like crazy and the only problem people have with it is that they don't get a chance to hit the enemy before I kill it.

imfanboy
Mar 12, 2007, 11:48 PM
FYI: I've been playing with 3 people who have it, have it past level 21, one of them has it to 30 already, and they all say that it only works on robots with regularity.

Maybe you're killing polties with it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Large mobs are COMPLETELY immune to Killer Shot/Megid - this is documented. anything with a shield, or a king, or a king AND shield, is also immune to it simply by virtue of having 4x the stamina of a robot.

Look, it's a decent PA, but stop acting like we're kicking you in the balls over and over just by saying that it has limited use in most areas.

Chaobo99
Mar 13, 2007, 01:19 AM
i dunno my nosdiga,and rabarta can kill things before killer shot has it chances,,im not putting you down but opposing elements own

Jey
Mar 13, 2007, 02:04 AM
Yes yes, not everyone is a force. Not everyone solos with a force. Not everyone parties with a force.

Just because I can Killer Shot my way through that Train Story mission doesn't mean I couldn't Gidiga lv1 it in half the time, except that I'm not willing to give up PA slots for it.

Don't make sweeping assumptions about Killer Shot. The price you pay for possibly being able to 1-shot robots is that you go through a gajillion rifles, or you get to PP charge/10 Photon Charge every block and use only 10... maybe.

Don't make sweeping assumptions about Protranser equipment either ._. There's that PT-only armor line that i'm hella curious about...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jey on 2007-03-13 00:09 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Mar 13, 2007, 08:08 AM
[b]On 2007-03-12 21:14, MrFortegunner
the only problem people have with it is that they don't get a chance to hit the enemy before I kill it.

Well, that also happens to be the MAIN problem people have with it.

CelestialBlade
Mar 13, 2007, 09:47 AM
When I first heard about Killer Shot, I REALLY thought it was going to break the shit out of the game. But having seen it in action, I can safely say that it doesn't. Firstly I think you should definitely get some kind of reward for going through the pain of levelling rifle bullets....and Killer Shot seems to do a well enough job of that. But as said before, monsters have to have some pretty low STA for it to really be effective, and therein lies the balance.

I personally prefer consistancy over random luck, so I'll stick with my Burning Shot.

ForteStollen
Mar 14, 2007, 01:04 PM
& Protransers, since you can only use A ranks, you've basically got every item you can get in front of you!!!!!

I doubt it, there is more content being unlocked all the time... But this seems like a pointless post to me. Also, re-your rifle post, I think you'll find a grinded S rank kubara rifle, or a Killer Elite will be better than phantom + phantom line, hell, I'd be willing to bet an assassic grinded to 10 would do more damage than the combo....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ForteStollen on 2007-03-14 11:07 ]</font>

Kuya
Mar 14, 2007, 02:49 PM
Gah - I would have taken that bet (woulda been a sucker bet for you XD)...

Asa crotch lining (Assassic - but those of you who have translated the JP Wiki...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) +10 - 1373pp, 636 Att, 170 Acc
Phantom + 0 - 1263pp, 541 Att, 188 Acc
Phantom + 10 - 1652pp, 641 Att, 188 Acc

It takes the Assassic +5 to get to 543 Att.

Phantomline bonus = +25% Att/Acc
Phantom +0 plus Armor = 676 Att, 235 Acc
Phantom +10 plus armor = 801 Att, 235 Acc

Just having the armor alone with the Phantom will make a +0 Phantom more powerful than the Assassic could ever be.

Natrokos
Mar 14, 2007, 02:57 PM
On 2007-03-12 16:35, MrFortegunner wrote:

**** ****ing *** and **** *** ******* ****** * *** **** the **** ** * * * **** and then i'll have to buy a new sink.

Sorry about my language but someone had to say it.

Tita
Mar 15, 2007, 01:27 AM
protransers:

bows, shotties, 'nades, laser cannons, single handguns... no rifles, iirc.