PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a hybrid job for my main.

VanHalen
Mar 12, 2007, 07:37 PM
So yeah as some of you may know my main is a newman fortefighter and pretty proud of it(no really he's happy). I'm not bored of it though I just want to make him a little more diverse. So I've decided to either pick Wartecher cause on my alt I do like the idea of supporting people with resta and buffs(but then I gotta lvl force to 5 -_- that's too long). And I decided Fighgunner cause I like the machineguns and traps I guess I can support people there too. I mean I have been able to help people out as a fortefighter but it is not that easy.

So instead of boring you guys some more with this which to you think I should worked towards first?

Note: I'd have to do this later since my subcription ended today(gah I need another visa gift card!)

Tsavo
Mar 12, 2007, 07:44 PM
You know I was in a very similar position about a month ago. My Newms a fF and I was kickin ass but I decided to try WT for kicks. The versitality of WT is something pretty incredible and can be quite refreshing when you've been doin nothing but melee for 50+ levels. I highly recommend it. Those 5 force lvls are a pain the arse though, can't lie about that.

NPCMook
Mar 12, 2007, 07:45 PM
BLASPHEMY!

hainsaw3
Mar 12, 2007, 07:46 PM
Go wartecher, in my experience there is usually a fortetecher in the party anyway so my buffs are useless(but I can still use resta), but I like melee weapons and like techs.

It's up to if you want to use techs or guns really...

Eleina
Mar 12, 2007, 07:47 PM
I voted fighgunner coz i hate seeing mp wasted on maxed jobs but i would personnally convince myself to stick to the class i like and thats it

NPCMook
Mar 12, 2007, 07:50 PM
if you enjoy your button mashing frenzy of the Fortefighter then I'd say Fighgunner, you won't miss much except the 25% PP reduction on PAs

VanHalen
Mar 12, 2007, 07:51 PM
On 2007-03-12 17:47, Eleina wrote:
I voted fighgunner coz i hate seeing mp wasted on maxed jobs but i would personnally convince myself to stick to the class i like and thats it

Yeah I'm sticking with Fortefighter no changing that. I mean Anga Redda lvls so freaking fast! I just want to be able to switch between jobs like my beast friend who can change between wartecher and fighgunner at anytime he wants.

Jakosifer
Mar 12, 2007, 09:09 PM
Well if you want to use a class thats different from the Fortefighter but is still warrior based go with Wartecher. Usually I'd say go Fighgunner but...Yea, Fighgunners are closer to Fortefighter than a Wartecher is.

NPCMook
Mar 12, 2007, 09:12 PM
But remember to be one of the greatest Fighgunners ever you must sell all your weapons and carry nothing but 6+ Double Sabers all equipped with Tornado Dance

Dhylec
Mar 12, 2007, 09:36 PM
If you are too lazy for Force lv5, then FG is the fastest switch. Though I think you should try WT. ;]

omegapirate2k
Mar 12, 2007, 09:37 PM
Wartechers should be more common.

VanHalen
Mar 12, 2007, 10:29 PM
Hmm 6 doublesabers sound fun jk I won't disgrace the Fighgunner name like that. Also it's close to fortefighter so I don't have to switch much around.

Though on the other hand Wartecher gives me access to techs. So then I'll have to switch up my action palette which isn't that much of a problem the only thing I really know for sure I lose is the sword and that's just one weapon on my palette.

I didn't expect this poll to be so even I expected wartecher to win by a landslide. I just want a little more input before I decide.

LTrav2k
Mar 13, 2007, 10:03 AM
I think you'd like wartecher also http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif They have enough variety to play quite a few roles in your average group.

AlucardTepes
Mar 13, 2007, 05:43 PM
I voted to stay fortefighter. I also agree that you should pick a class you like the best and stick with it. I do understand the want for diversity but I'm usually just happier in the end if I stay focused on one class.

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 13, 2007, 07:27 PM
biggest problem with going fortefighter to wartecher is you should learn some techs as a techer. Idk how many PAs you had as a fortefighter, but they'll all be useful as a fighgunner, but not as a wartecher.

THE JACKEL

VanHalen
Mar 13, 2007, 07:41 PM
Well I don't know many PAs only

I could make room for techs as a wartecher since I only have 13 PAs out of 36. 3 bullets, 1 tech, 9 skills.

imfanboy
Mar 13, 2007, 10:31 PM
Hmm...

A 'good' wartecher should have:

Shifta, Deband, Zodial, all 3 debuffs, the ice bow bullet (at the least!), and because you're a newman you'll probably deal pretty good damage with the gi-series of technics, you might look into that.

VanHalen
Mar 13, 2007, 11:36 PM
Well looks like I'm going for the Wartecher. Though going to force 5 is gonna be hard I believe it will pay off in the end(I'll be able to see my twin claws at the end of it again yay! lol)

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 14, 2007, 03:36 PM
well, doing Onma Agata S wil make the job a bit easier I think.

VanHalen
Mar 14, 2007, 10:00 PM
Yeah it would hopefully I can renew real fast. Oh and Shiro ryuu congrats on Fortefighter 10!

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 14, 2007, 10:09 PM
thx man, once you get to lv 55 and do lab s2, its a pretty easy task.