PDA

View Full Version : Japanese server link.....

zerohoax
Dec 6, 2002, 06:24 AM
http://www.seganet.com/community/profiles/pso_gcn/pc_front/gcn_pc_serverupdates.jhtml

umm am i completely blind or am i missing how to connect to their server?

Whatley
Dec 6, 2002, 10:40 AM
I didn't see any way to connect to the JP ships when I logged on and when I tried to transport from ship to ship. I wonder if there is a certain ship you have to use to get to the JP ships.

Also I got disconnected everytime I picked Antares 8 as the first ship to go to last night. So I chose a different ship to go to first. Then I just joined a friend that was on Antares 8 to get there. Not sure why I got disconnected when I chose Antares 8 to go to first.

CajunSamurai
Dec 7, 2002, 06:09 AM
That's about as true as C5-6 being up. I think Sonic Team is enjoying teasing us. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
Guess it'll happen eventually though. Looking forward to it.

zerohoax
Dec 7, 2002, 07:04 AM
On 2002-12-07 03:09, CajunSamurai wrote:
That's about as true as C5-6 being up. I think Sonic Team is enjoying teasing us. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
Guess it'll happen eventually though. Looking forward to it.

Guess I havent been paying much attention to the challenges then because I wasnt aware that they werent up until you just posted. Oh well i'm guess it will come soon enough. at least we know its going to happen now, just wish the servers would actually catch up to sonic teams announcments.

CajunSamurai
Dec 7, 2002, 07:13 AM
Seriously. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif It will happen though, we know that. And maybe it's a good thing for me that C5-6 aren't up; I'd have been up ALL night long playing Challenge. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

btw, hey zerohoax, played with you once or twice. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Probably with Ghaleon? Don't remember.

HUcastAndroid888
Dec 7, 2002, 09:18 AM
The servers will be able to join each other once Japan gets the new version 1.1 Until then, the servers will not be able to connect. If they could, many duped items would flood the US servers.

zyphaz
Dec 8, 2002, 01:51 PM
Funny you say that...when the US servers are already flooded with duped items.

Sedyne
Dec 8, 2002, 04:27 PM
That is funny because someone just gave me a demolition comet and a double cannon *laughs*

HUcastAndroid888
Dec 8, 2002, 04:38 PM
Ooh, big deal. 2 items are duped. In Japan every item is duped, even Dark Bridge.

Wewt
Dec 8, 2002, 04:57 PM
On 2002-12-08 13:38, HUcastAndroid888 wrote:
Ooh, big deal. 2 items are duped. In Japan every item is duped, even Dark Bridge.

I'd love to see you say that again, if the US version of the game ends up being like the JP version.

jello44
Dec 8, 2002, 05:23 PM
items are "duped" big fucking deal, be happy that that's all there is right now.

But.. US players are the only people who cheat right?

Spy
Dec 8, 2002, 05:55 PM
On 2002-12-08 14:23, jello44 wrote:

Yup. We so hacksored v1 with our exploit of the PB-build and discovered how to walk through walls too. That all sooo justifies us paying more money for on-line play per month.

Sedyne
Dec 8, 2002, 10:33 PM
On 2002-12-08 14:55, Spy wrote:

On 2002-12-08 14:23, jello44 wrote:

Yup. We so hacksored v1 with our exploit of the PB-build and discovered how to walk through walls too. That all sooo justifies us paying more money for on-line play per month.

Actually that code originated from a player who went by the name of NAUSICAA and there were two of them. There was one Nausicaa who posted here and another who was friedns with Barubary. She actuallylived in japan and i used to be decently aquainted with Barubary. We are no more guilty than the Japanese are at cheating is what I believe. I remember a few times i played with her she was the first to have 180% s rank spreads and i was wondering how the hell she was killing everything so quick in the mop-up quests. She then told me in some (not so great english) that it was a hack.

Al-Rappy
Dec 9, 2002, 06:43 AM
I hope that somehow cheating will stop in PSO all together because it gets us legit players mad and then it ruins the game! Argh!

Disastorm
Dec 9, 2002, 08:20 AM
does anyone know if gameshark(or whatever its called now) will work for pso for gamecube? If i recall, dreamcasts v2 didnt work with gameshark, it only worked with codebreaker. Hopefully gameshark wont work with pso gamecube and there will be less hacking than dreamcast pso

HUcastAndroid888
Dec 9, 2002, 09:51 AM
It is called Action Replay, and I believe it is illegal to make codes for PSO. I know they currently have no codes.

Disastorm
Dec 9, 2002, 09:21 PM
?? if its illegal to make codes for pso why did they make codes for dreamcast pso?

HUcastAndroid888
Dec 9, 2002, 09:46 PM
Nintendo has really strict liscensing laws, I guess. Anyway, they won't really prosecute the guys like Barubary who spread codes by word of mouth, they sue the big companies like the makers of Action Replay who give everyone the codes.

CajunSamurai
Dec 10, 2002, 12:53 AM
And hopefully, HOPEFULLY, Sonic Team will permanantly ban the individuals that use these damn cheats. Sounds like they banned all kinds of people on the JP V2, but damned if they didn't let that nazi trailer trash scum (who's always gone by many names since Chu2, to Quake 3, to PSO) run amok in Oberon 1-1 for months causing FSOD and RSOD (reset)... ugh, let us ALL enjoy this period of legit PSO while it lasts, please.

Disastorm
Dec 10, 2002, 06:55 AM
yea i hope so too

SeiferA
Dec 10, 2002, 10:50 PM
Personally, I don't really care if more items are duped or what not. Half of the reason why I loved PSO so much was because you could chat with japanese players without much worries of the language barriers. This is perhaps the only way you could truly chat with them online.

Of course, half of my enjoyment with this game was lost when I found out about the servers not being connected. Now that they will be, I'll be truly happy with it, like with the DC version.

BigDaddy
Dec 11, 2002, 01:24 AM
You mean the same Nintendo who doesn't give a crap about online gaming is now going to sue Datel for releasing online codes? Riiight...

They tried that in the early 90s... they lost.