PDA

View Full Version : A problem about PSO

PhantasyStar12
Dec 6, 2002, 10:54 AM
A problem abou PSO that I think Sega team should change is, they have bad graphics and alot of glitches that bother me. Do you think sega team should fix this??

TedEdFred
Dec 6, 2002, 11:11 AM
PSO teh graphics is the sux yes

SaitoH
Dec 6, 2002, 11:36 AM
On 2002-12-06 07:54, PhantasyStar12 wrote:
A problem abou PSO that I think Sega team should change is, they have bad graphics and alot of glitches that bother me. Do you think sega team should fix this??

Yes

^w^

Alena Zouryx
Dec 6, 2002, 12:12 PM
Okay, the glitches are definately a problem, and should most definately be fixed. However, I think the graphics are gorgeous.

Obviously you have only been playing episode I, which is the DREAMCAST version. The graphics in episode I are simply cruddy because they weren't made using the power of the GameCube.

If you go into Episode II, you can see that the graphics are amazing. The enemies have clear, crisp animations and the reflections of the water and glass are surprisingly realistic.

Besides, you shouldn't be judging a game by its graphics. That just shows that you aren't a true gamer. The game's soul lies within the gameplay of PSO -- which is spectacular and addicting. I don't think you should go criticizing Sonic Team just because they ported the exact same game from the Dreamcast to release it in the US sooner. The game is great -- so quit your stupid complaining and just play PSO -- because you and me both know that graphics and glitches are not going to stop you from playing, because PSO is such a great game.

It has nothing to do with graphics. It has nothing to do with glitches. It's all in the game, and PSO is an amazing one. So just quit complaining and play it.

Kayumi
Dec 6, 2002, 12:16 PM
Er.

Speaking as someone who remembers the days before 3d graphics adaptors and such...

SUCK IT UP.

Seriously, the graphics on PSO are not all that bad. I still find them pretty impressive. Whoo. They're not super-high-realism-quality-ultra-processor-frying-whee quality. So? They're plenty good enough.

I'd rather Sonic Team focus on giving us another good storyline for the next incarnation of PSO than see a graphically stunning but questless-and-other-relevant-improvement-less game. Seriously, graphics don't make the game, people.

Take a stroll down into the caves sometime, find the waterfall cave. Tell me that isn't impressive and nice looking. LOOK AROUND at the background details in Ruins 2 at some point. Stop to admire the scenery in one of the undersea corridors in the Seabed, or stand where the Mericarol first appears and survey. Get up on the Mountainside and take a good look at the surroundings, or stop in the Temple to watch the horizon.

The game is quite beautiful...am I the only one who sees it?

Alena Zouryx
Dec 6, 2002, 12:23 PM
Er...I see it, too. I think that's exactly what I said before. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Finally, I've found someone who sees the actual beauty in PSO -- the gameplay.

I would also much rather see quests than stunning "realistic" graphics.

The game is more important than the graphics, as I say.

Alielle
Dec 6, 2002, 01:12 PM
"Sega Team"?

I smell a troll...

Kayumi
Dec 6, 2002, 04:39 PM
Whoo, I musta been writing my post just as you finished up yours, 'cause I hadn't seen it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

FenixTrey
Dec 6, 2002, 05:08 PM
Personally, I'm just counting down the moments until the PSOW staff comes down upon this newbie with the fires of white hot hell in their eyes. No, not his glaringly little knowledge of the game or who makes it, but for that sig... oh, my the sig! It's like that transformer the guy used to have... mumble...

ABDUR101
Dec 6, 2002, 05:32 PM
On 2002-12-06 14:08, FenixTrey wrote:
Personally, I'm just counting down the moments until the PSOW staff comes down upon this newbie with the fires of white hot hell in their eyes. No, not his glaringly little knowledge of the game or who makes it, but for that sig... oh, my the sig! It's like that transformer the guy used to have... mumble...

0_0

de plane sig, de plane sig

But yeah, the game is so popular because of the gameplay.

Seriously, alot of us have been around since Vers 1 which was released on the DC, and we never played the game for the graphics. I mean, do you think we made 1290524 runs through the four different areas of the game just to admire the pretty trees? =

It's addicting, and it's so addicting that even the glitches can be overlooked.

No worries though, with each Version released, improvements are made. I'm not a betting man, but I'd bet that Vers 6, Episode 1-5 is going to be one bad ass game =X

*psst* The sig limits are in the Forum Rules, please read them(the link is above the Forum Index). =)

Have fun and take care! =D

Sedyne
Dec 6, 2002, 06:52 PM
OMG that god damn shitty (not so mucha glitch) but a stupid arse thing is when your so close to a fricken wall that when a god damn clump of enemies is beating you, you can't even target them! IT PISSES ME OFF MORE THAN ANYTHING>

As for the graphics, ep2 graphics i am absolutly in love with. The flowing water and the well all out levels i believe are fantastic. as for ver1 yes they are the suck.

Character models could be improved but i still think they do just fine. distinguish everyones character perfectly well. perhaps if they had a face molder that would be nice.

Sedric
Dec 6, 2002, 07:19 PM
PSO graphic SUX!!

Seriously, it's all about gameplay, not graphics.

On 2002-12-06 08:36, SaitoH wrote:
^w^

Offtopic: What the HELL is that???

Rylios
Dec 6, 2002, 07:28 PM
Find Me A Perfect Game... and then talk..Muhahahahha

PhantasyStar12
Dec 6, 2002, 08:31 PM
On 2002-12-06 09:12, Alena_Zouryx wrote:
Okay, the glitches are definately a problem, and should most definately be fixed. However, I think the graphics are gorgeous.

Obviously you have only been playing episode I, which is the DREAMCAST version. The graphics in episode I are simply cruddy because they weren't made using the power of the GameCube.

If you go into Episode II, you can see that the graphics are amazing. The enemies have clear, crisp animations and the reflections of the water and glass are surprisingly realistic.

Besides, you shouldn't be judging a game by its graphics. That just shows that you aren't a true gamer. The game's soul lies within the gameplay of PSO -- which is spectacular and addicting. I don't think you should go criticizing Sonic Team just because they ported the exact same game from the Dreamcast to release it in the US sooner. The game is great -- so quit your stupid complaining and just play PSO -- because you and me both know that graphics and glitches are not going to stop you from playing, because PSO is such a great game.

It has nothing to do with graphics. It has nothing to do with glitches. It's all in the game, and PSO is an amazing one. So just quit complaining and play it. I know this and I am a true gamer. I HAVE THE GAMECUBE VERSION!!! I ALWAYS PLAY EPISODE 2. EPISODE 2 IS GOOD GRAPHICS BUT NOT SO MUCH BETTER!!! I ALWAYS PLAY AND MY PERSON IS AT LEVEL 51 SO STOP TALKING TRASH YOU NON-GAMER. YOU DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT THE GAME. I AM A BETTER GAMER THAN U!!!! just dont talk to me

Kayumi
Dec 6, 2002, 08:52 PM
On 2002-12-06 17:31, PhantasyStar12 wrote:
I know this and I am a true gamer. I HAVE THE GAMECUBE VERSION!!! I ALWAYS PLAY EPISODE 2. EPISODE 2 IS GOOD GRAPHICS BUT NOT SO MUCH BETTER!!! I ALWAYS PLAY AND MY PERSON IS AT LEVEL 51 SO STOP TALKING TRASH YOU NON-GAMER. YOU DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT THE GAME. I AM A BETTER GAMER THAN U!!!! just dont talk to me

Whoah there, son, calm down. Your "person" is at a whopping level 51, hm? That's pretty, er, impressive, but...

Let's face it. You're not helping your arguments at all by double-posting an incoherent rant that you didn't even really separate from Alena's comments.

You could have made a decent argument, but instead you flame. Not really the best way to make your point.

Yes. There are glitches with episode one, and the graphics aren't as stunning as they probably could be, but Alena's point was that if you're only playing for the graphics, then you're not GAMING, you're WATCHING. Enjoying eye candy isn't what being a gamer is all about--playing the game is.

Also, if you want to come across as a true gamer, you're gonna want to use the term "character" instead of "person". Just a heads-up there, bud.

But, alas...it seems what you're doing is trolling or flaming or whatever they're calling what you do these days. I call it being immature. No insults were hurled in your direction, no "trash" was talked, so you've essentially just annoyed and/or given the impression that you're not worth paying any attention to to anyone who reads the thread. Which is a shame, really, because with only 7 posts down (two of which were that flame) you haven't had much time to establish yourself as an intelligent person in order to make anyone give you the benefit of the doubt in this case.

So, in other words: think before you speak, take the time to actually read what people say before you get insulted, and please GOD stop using "u" in the place of "you".

Because nobody messes with the Queen's English on my watch.

ABDUR101
Dec 6, 2002, 10:23 PM
Yeah, double posting and flaming is bad, mmmkay. =o

Just take it easy, we're all here to enjoy the same game. If you post on a public forum, expect every word of what you say to be picked apart and scrutinized.

God help you that I'm not like I used to be... *shudders to himself*

Come on, enjoy the game! Sure, it's not the most mind blowing game out there if you pick it apart, but what game is after you dissect it into little tid bits? =)

On 2002-12-06 17:52, Kayumi wrote:

What you say?!

mystic_knight
Dec 6, 2002, 11:56 PM
On 2002-12-06 17:52, Kayumi wrote:

On 2002-12-06 17:31, PhantasyStar12 wrote:
I know this and I am a true gamer. I HAVE THE GAMECUBE VERSION!!! I ALWAYS PLAY EPISODE 2. EPISODE 2 IS GOOD GRAPHICS BUT NOT SO MUCH BETTER!!! I ALWAYS PLAY AND MY PERSON IS AT LEVEL 51 SO STOP TALKING TRASH YOU NON-GAMER. YOU DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT THE GAME. I AM A BETTER GAMER THAN U!!!! just dont talk to me

Whoah there, son, calm down. Your "person" is at a whopping level 51, hm? That's pretty, er, impressive, but...

Let's face it. You're not helping your arguments at all by double-posting an incoherent rant that you didn't even really separate from Alena's comments.

You could have made a decent argument, but instead you flame. Not really the best way to make your point.

Yes. There are glitches with episode one, and the graphics aren't as stunning as they probably could be, but Alena's point was that if you're only playing for the graphics, then you're not GAMING, you're WATCHING. Enjoying eye candy isn't what being a gamer is all about--playing the game is.

Also, if you want to come across as a true gamer, you're gonna want to use the term "character" instead of "person". Just a heads-up there, bud.

But, alas...it seems what you're doing is trolling or flaming or whatever they're calling what you do these days. I call it being immature. No insults were hurled in your direction, no "trash" was talked, so you've essentially just annoyed and/or given the impression that you're not worth paying any attention to to anyone who reads the thread. Which is a shame, really, because with only 7 posts down (two of which were that flame) you haven't had much time to establish yourself as an intelligent person in order to make anyone give you the benefit of the doubt in this case.

So, in other words: think before you speak, take the time to actually read what people say before you get insulted, and please GOD stop using "u" in the place of "you".

*cracks whip* Haven't seena verbal beat down like that in a good bit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystic_knight on 2002-12-06 21:00 ]</font>

DirewolfX
Dec 7, 2002, 03:26 AM
Personally, I think the graphics in PSO are beautiful. I am especially fond of Caves 2 (waterfall area) and the Seaside Area. The lush vibrant colors are a really nice change of pace from the usual drab colors that plague games today.

Of course, all the pretty graphics don't mean squat without the gameplay... which PSO is certainly not lacking in.

Coran_Horn
Dec 7, 2002, 04:14 AM
Not lacking in gameplay? Go try to play offline only for a month. I dare you. If it didn't have online play none of us would be playing PSO, because lets face it, PSO is a mindnumbingly simple game to play. use the same three hit combos against the same waves of mindlessly charging monsters room after room in essentially 6 different areas(not counting Jungle, Mountains and Seaside, they're all part of CCA). If you think this is great gameplay, you need to take a break. We're all just so addicted that we think it has good gameplay http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PhantasyStar12
Dec 7, 2002, 08:47 AM
On 2002-12-06 09:16, Kayumi wrote:
Er.

Speaking as someone who remembers the days before 3d graphics adaptors and such...

SUCK IT UP.

Seriously, the graphics on PSO are not all that bad. I still find them pretty impressive. Whoo. They're not super-high-realism-quality-ultra-processor-frying-whee quality. So? They're plenty good enough.

I'd rather Sonic Team focus on giving us another good storyline for the next incarnation of PSO than see a graphically stunning but questless-and-other-relevant-improvement-less game. Seriously, graphics don't make the game, people.

Take a stroll down into the caves sometime, find the waterfall cave. Tell me that isn't impressive and nice looking. LOOK AROUND at the background details in Ruins 2 at some point. Stop to admire the scenery in one of the undersea corridors in the Seabed, or stand where the Mericarol first appears and survey. Get up on the Mountainside and take a good look at the surroundings, or stop in the Temple to watch the horizon.

The game is quite beautiful...am I the only one who sees it?

You are true. I am sorry I said the graphics are bad. They arent that bad if you think about it.I know I shouldn't have said that. Sorry... do you forgive me?

HUcastAndroid888
Dec 7, 2002, 09:06 AM
On 2002-12-07 01:14, Coran_Horn wrote:
Not lacking in gameplay? Go try to play offline only for a month. I dare you. If it didn't have online play none of us would be playing PSO, because lets face it, PSO is a mindnumbingly simple game to play. use the same three hit combos against the same waves of mindlessly charging monsters room after room in essentially 6 different areas(not counting Jungle, Mountains and Seaside, they're all part of CCA). If you think this is great gameplay, you need to take a break. We're all just so addicted that we think it has good gameplay http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Coran, you are way wrong. I don't play online and I play this game even more than anything, including Metroid Prime. Just because I don't play online doesn't mean I don't like playing the game.

SaitoH
Dec 7, 2002, 09:32 AM
Ontopic: Phantasystar12 is just messing around ... I think he's quite funny.

Offtopic:

On 2002-12-06 08:36, SaitoH wrote:
^w^

Offtopic: What the HELL is that???

It's my favourite smilie face.

^w^

Kayumi
Dec 7, 2002, 02:55 PM
On 2002-12-07 01:14, Coran_Horn wrote:

I've been playing it offline only for over a year now and I'm still quite addicted. In fact, I've only BEEN online with it about three times, and one of those times I was FSOD'd by an arsewipe on the DC version. And many of the people I talk to who play PSO, that I meet over IRC or in real life, have also never taken it online.

Different parts of the game attract different people. Some people enjoy the teamwork aspects of online, some people like running around trading items, others enjoy trying to find all sorts of new and exciting rares. Others, sadly, seem to like making other people's fun less by *SOD and NOLing and whatever other cheats are out there. There're a lot of us out there who love the offline gameplay.

Doesn't mean I don't have plans to get online with it eventually, though. Just that it's not really one of my major points of consideration in the value of the game.

ABDUR101
Dec 7, 2002, 05:39 PM
I mostly play offline, and I enjoy it. I play it just as much, and some days more than Metroid Prime.

As Kayumi said, different aspects of the game attract different people. Overall, it's an addicting game. =)