PDA

View Full Version : Rare Item Percents

AC9breaker
Mar 15, 2007, 12:30 AM
It was mentioned somewhere in the PSU general area that somebody was interested in seeing probabilities of getting rare maps. I haven't seen any info on such things as well so I figured; we the PSU community can share our findings with each other, and start forming some kind of percent database; for both maps and items.

I was thinking people who are currently hunting for any items in particular could come in here post results, and edit posts, to show new results and we can keep updating this first post to reflect update info. If we all combine our results we should get closer and closer with every post to the actual drop/spawn rate for said item and map. Of course this does two things.

1) It assumes every item and map has an individual, independent, rate of apperance.

2) Will only work with maps with which we know the specific spawn patterns.

These are the drawbacks that I've seen from this. I'm sure there might be other which I fail to grasp at the moment, so if you might think of one, please share. But if those willing to do this can ignore these issues, then lets get to work. I'll start off by sharing my info.

I am currently hunting a

Black Heart
For item drop I am:
0/12 Debarlens

Hunting in Dark Satellite area
Rare Map Ratio:
I have not kept track of my runs. Starting the next time I hunt, I will start.

Skuda
Mar 15, 2007, 12:56 AM
I too have been hunting the blackheart in Dark Satellite. I haven't been keeping track of the rare spawn map ratios, but I will now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

just for the record, I'm 0/36 darbelans.

danny_o
Mar 26, 2007, 10:03 AM
To AC9Breaker: Do you mean you have found 12 Debarlens and none have dropped the item? That's rough. Or...you have run the map 12 times and found no Debarlens?

I am easily confused, sorry.

Ansatsu
Mar 26, 2007, 11:09 AM
I think he means that he has killed 12 Darbelans in total, none of which have dropped the Black Heart, and that he hasn't been keeping track of how many rare maps he's found out of total runs.

SaiSpagS
Mar 26, 2007, 02:47 PM
Just started doing LLS today hunting a Rabol Rappy (I concluded in my mind doing S quicker for a Rabol Rappy is more profitable/I can't use daggers/cost efficient than hunting LL S2 for Halp Serafi)

I will take note of how many restarts I do on LL S, what Luck I have and make a SPIFFY chart for all to see (maybe) but this will take a good week as some final papers for college have to be in this week and I am slightly behind.... >__<