PDA

View Full Version : Hunter: Best Class???

Gaderffii
Mar 15, 2007, 08:22 PM
What's the best class for hunter?

Freeze
Mar 15, 2007, 09:27 PM
This all depends on your playing style. If you want plain brute strength then you want the HUcast. The Humar is a well balanced character but I find the lack of Shifta and Deband a bit anoying. HUnewearl has the weakest ATP and Hit points but her Shift Depand and Jellen Zalure can easily make up for it and the correct weapons combo can give her decent ATP. The HUcaseal isn't as powerful as a HUcast but the higher acuracy and evasion work well plus both androids have traps which can get you out of sticky situations. You need to decide how you'll use your hunter then pick. I personally like having high techneques and choose the HUnewearl were as my brother enjoys tearing through things and went with the HUcast. Choose and have fun!

Splash
Mar 15, 2007, 09:45 PM
Depends what you prefer.

Balance = HUmar

Techniques (aka Spells), along with weapons = HUnewearl

High damage = HUcast

Decent accuracy with above average damage = HUcaseal

Octavian
Mar 15, 2007, 09:50 PM
The best class for Hunter is Hunter. The best race is a matter of opinion.

Freeze
Mar 15, 2007, 10:02 PM
On 2007-03-15 19:50, Octavian wrote:
The best class for Hunter is Hunter. The best race is a matter of opinion.

There is no race choice in PSO. There's only four classes: HUmar, HUnewearl, HUcast, and HUcaseal

Drayma
Mar 15, 2007, 11:33 PM
hUNEY

lvl 20 shifta deband
lvl 20 jellen zalure

I think the stats are messed up though and materials are glitched.

Saffran
Mar 16, 2007, 12:42 AM
He has a point though, the only classes in PSO are Hunter, Ranger and Force. The rest is just a variation with gender and genetics.

That said, I don't think there is anyone better than the other.
The Humar is balanced but you will need skills and good equips to compensate for his lack of "best attribute".
The Huney has the looks, but she's a bit weak. She has decent magic and MP regen which is mostly useless, but sometimes it will be a lifesaver. You will need hit on your weapons to compensate for her semi lack of ATA.
The Hucast has brute strength. If you actually hit the ennemies, you will do tremendous damage. The DFP and EVP are weak though, and the huge amount of HP will be a problem at bosses in Ultimate (infinite Multihit meaning instant death against bosses that don't do enough damage). Has no magic, so you will need someone that can use some or some really good Sranks.
The Hucaseal has a lot of EVP and foremost a lot of ATA, so she will hit a lot more often. When you reach her max EVP and max DFP, you can pretty much ignore the lesser monsters in Ep1. She has a lot less HP and a lot less ATP than the Hucast, so it's not always easy to get ridden of monsters. Facing off an Ill Gill with a charge vulcan is a big no no for the Hucaseal, for example.

Banish
Mar 16, 2007, 04:54 PM

There is no best class, in any of the Hunters, Rangers, and Forces.

They all are, and you are the one to find out which suits you the best.

Saphion
Mar 16, 2007, 04:57 PM
Fujita-san worded that perfectly.

Neith
Mar 16, 2007, 05:24 PM
On 2007-03-15 22:42, Saffran wrote:
The Huney has the looks, but she's a bit weak. She has decent magic and MP regen which is mostly useless, but sometimes it will be a lifesaver. You will need hit on your weapons to compensate for her semi lack of ATA.

She also has very high DFP (caps at 589 base). The techs aren't really useless- S/D/J/Z are really handy, her Resta is adequate to heal her HP, and her Anti can cure most status ailments. Yeah, she has lower HP/ATP, but Lv20 Shifta nullifies that ATP problem anyway. I have a Lv200 HUney, and I hit 500-600 with most weapons, crits are over 1000 damage, which isn't bad.

DFP is a lifesaver though, it's really noticable when you have so much. I haven't looked at PSO stats in a while, but I think HUney has the 2nd highest DFP in game, behind RAcaseal?

Compared to other HU's, it depends how you play really. If you want the aforementioned techs, go HUnewearl. If you want EVP to block attacks, go HUcaseal. If you want brute strength, go HUcast, and if you want a bit of everything, go HUmar.

...or if you play Blue Burst, play RAmarl and get everything. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Edit:
On 2007-03-15 21:33, Drayma wrote:
I think the stats are messed up though and materials are glitched.

How so? I haven't seen any stat/material problems with a HUney, and I've played one for over 2000 hours now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-03-16 15:25 ]</font>

Saffran
Mar 17, 2007, 12:02 PM
I meant that MP regen is mostly useless. Unless you're invincible at a boss, that is.
(yellowboze flowen sword on infinite for one minute...)

Illolip
Mar 24, 2007, 05:49 PM
probly a CAST because of the damage, HP and the selection of weapons unfortunately they cant use shots but the partisan makes up for that! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DC_PLAYER
Mar 24, 2007, 06:33 PM
humar balanced......on ver.2 i would say buahahahahaha
get a humar with a good gun with high %, get shifta and you will be a god

Kevino
Mar 25, 2007, 11:03 AM
I would say HUcast just because i like them. or more realistically

HUnewearl

They aren't exactly weak, and they get boosted magic in that they can use lev 20 everything (anti obviously to 7 i think) I think they are good for the hunters.

now then if you want a good class go with RAmar. There i said it!