PDA

View Full Version : Have I adequately answered all your questions?

navci
Mar 15, 2007, 11:04 PM
So. Hi peoplez.
I have been out of the internets at home for over a week now. ... randomly.

Briefly, there is this big company that does all of the phone lines and adsl stuff in this city, well any many others. Their service is actually not bad, but pricey, and their bundles are crap. Ya know, like your local phone service.

Now there are these wholesale dealers that uses the local company's line and do cheaper service. Well, this time and day cheap talks. We switched over when the local company started to put a 10G bandwidth cap on the internet service.

So, we liked the internet service from them, and we use their phone lines and also their long distance, all was well. Some companies has offered better deals, we were lazy to switch. Blah blah blah.

Local phone company, however, still sent me bills and owe me 80 bucks. So one day I called them and ask them to please give me my money back and stop wasting paper in sending me bills that I don't need. Customer service was actually extremely helpful, told me after some investigation that for some company, Primus (wholesale company we are with now) has never communicated with them that they were giving us service now so they thought we still have their line, and the account wasnt officially closed and such. That he will get it all taken care of and we shall get our money back and it wont interrupt our service... well since we are with primus now.

24 hours after that conversation, my internet went.
Because I cancelled a line with a company that I no longer have an account with.

Ok. We figured we'll go talk to primus and see what's going on. They didn't know what was up. Gonna take 2 business days. Ok. We can do that. Waited. Two business days and we were into the weekend, so no progess, we were still netless.

And let's not talk about the inconvenience that it caused.

First thing Monday, we called, explained situation to the tech guy. Tech guy said, somehow, local phone company still have our line, they have to go find out whats going on. Another 5 business days. ... Ok...

Now, here is the real rant.
I called today, as a distraction of apprehension I was feeling my dental appointment which was going to happen in an hour or so.
Okay, customer service dude spoke with a heavy heavy accent. I tried my very best to understand what is going on but I did have to have him repeat himself a lot. I gave him my phone number, name, address all for verification. Then he told me I have no ADSL service with them and that it was cancelled in 2005. I was very unhappy at that point, but I managed to control my tone of voice and tell him that we always get them in two seperate bills, maybe it is under a different account number, but will be under the same name and address and phone number. He refuse to look it up and claimed that he can't. (bullshit it is all under the same info, all the tech guys before found it just okay). Fine. I found the other account number and read it to him.

him: The ticket number you gave me, the ticket is gone.(we were given a ticket number for whenever we call back to see what's going on for this current problem).

me: Okay, what do you mean gone? We are still netless, so it couldn't be fixed.

him: oh, your local company still has your line. ...

me: That's what you guys told me last week. So what's going on with that? And how can they have my line? We have been with you guys paying for YOUR service?

him: could you hold on so I can get some information

... made me hold for 15 mins

him: mumble mumble something something (something about technical support people, I understood it as that I am gonna be talking to someone from tech department)

me: Ok.

him: Have I adequately answered all of your questions?

me: *really pissed by now, please do bear in mind in all of these convo the dude was quite rude especially when I can't decipher what he was saying in his heavy, heavy accent* Well you havn't actually answered any of my questions. You can't tell me what is going on, and what is going to happen to my line. So no. Not at all!

him: blah blah blah thank you for choosing primus have a good day bye bye.

me: *I still thought I was gonna talk to tech people, so I just wait*

after a minute.

him: blah blah thank you for choosing primus have a good day bye bye.

me: ... Bye. *still waiting, but felt that this isnt right* ... So do I get to talk to a tech dude or what?

him: No they will call you back.

me: .... WHAT? This is not okay. We been talking to you people for so many times now and it has been a bloody week that we are out of service. You have no explaination for me, no ETA of it coming back. Hell you couldn't even find my bloody account number. Why am I being charged for no service?

him: we will call you back and let you know!

me: ... *really have to try to not yell, or curse* You know what I will call back and try for someone else. *hung up*

.. And I made bro call them again since I had to leave for dentist. I was so angry I forgot to be afraid to go >.>

The person bro talked to was much more reasonable, told us we won't be charged for this time period, but it will still take 2 more days to see what's going on.

Well. So we are gonna cancel all of our services with them and switch to someone else. As far as I am concerned, I shouldn't have to deal with not having net access for no apparent reason except for their miscommunication error and no fixing the problem in sight. And that customer service dude really is the bomb there. I swore to never yell at customer service people, but honestly, when you are being treated rudely for their own incompetence, that's it. Don't need that. Shaw only need 1 day to set me up with new internet, cable and phone service and is 30% cheaper.. why the hell should I use your service if you are so crappy? It's a real competitive world out there. D:

I am posting now from leeching nice neighbour's wireless internet.

astuarlen
Mar 16, 2007, 11:34 AM
Oy, what a mess. I hope everything gets worked out fairly for you. I think it's ridiculous what a tough time these big companies seem to have getting their shit together... and the customers are, of course, the ones who suffer for their incompetence. And, y'know, at the least they could hire phone drones who speak the language of the land with proficiency and can deal with customers politely. :/

Sinue_v2
Mar 18, 2007, 06:19 AM
I wonder if some of the people from Kodia's computer classes are handling your interweb access? They sound like total baffoons (but hey, at least they weren't in India with an accent so thick that even hardcore cajun sounds like a recognisable language). Really, I'm surprised you've hung on to the service for this long. If they refuse to "drop your line", then I'd approach one of those other companies that had better deals and bargain with them to get an even better deal.

Hope everything works out for ya soon so we can get back to playing. I might have to force Kuea to buy you a 360 (or me a Video Card) so I can stop using my PS2.. I think it's dying and the constant switching of video inputs is killing my VGA adapter.

Kuea
Mar 21, 2007, 12:11 AM
On 2007-03-18 04:19, Sinue_v2 wrote:
I might have to force Kuea to buy you a 360 (or me a Video Card)

Hey! D:

Still though, it sucks that all this happened navi, at least the worst is behind you and you is back now?