PDA

View Full Version : Halo3 Legendary update

Alucard_Zer0
Mar 16, 2007, 12:57 PM
So i just got a phone call from EB games saying that Micro$oft has decided to raise the price for the Halo3 Legendary set from $100 to $130. i'd say thats fairly fucked up since people have already put down money for it. what about the ones who thought they paid it off already? im rather pissed off at Micro$oft for pulling this little stunt i mean come on we're already shelling out 100 for this and we can't even wear the fucking helmet. LAME!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alucard_Zer0 on 2007-03-16 10:58 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Mar 16, 2007, 01:08 PM
No, I beleive the error lies with the game retailers for ASSUMING a price before the three editions of Halo 3 were even officially announced. Considering these editions were just finalised, that means content and production was only recently estimated for a final cost. You can't blame Microsoft for merely coming to a final tally of what everything finally costs.

If anything, it's game retailers who should be biting the bullet and being MADE sell these editions for the costs THEY advertised. It's no different than a store having a sales flier stating that they have an item for sale at $100. You goto the store and they say "oh that flier isn't correct, we called and clarified that the units cost more than that so the new price is $130". The STORE has to sell for what THEY advertised, because THEY took it upon themselves to advertise as such.

Blame the game retailers for jumping the gun and offering pre-orders before they even knew the official and final prices. They're the ones that need to bite the bullet and sell for what THEY advertised.

*edit*
And no, of course you can't wear the fucking helmet. That was already stated quite a while ago that it's a bust, not a plaything. Sheesh. Sometimes I wonder about some people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2007-03-16 11:12 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 16, 2007, 01:10 PM
Hey, things cost what they cost. Chances are, they became more expensive to produce than originally anticipated, and therefore the price is raised. At least those who previously had them paid off only have to drop another $30 on them. Anyone able to produce $100 for such a thing to begin with can surely produce another $30.

Beyond that, what about all those games like Starcraft: Ghost, that were getting pre-orders all along, and then the game got cancelled? My brother-in-law had that thanger paid off, as well. At least its cancellation meant he didn't have to pay for The Burning Crusade.

foamcup
Mar 16, 2007, 01:17 PM
Anyone dumb enough to buy a box shaped like a Mjolnir Mk VI helmet deserves to be ripped off. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

SStrikerR
Mar 16, 2007, 02:21 PM
is halo 3 coming out for the computer right away or will i hv to wait?

Kent
Mar 16, 2007, 04:11 PM
On 2007-03-16 12:21, Ryan113 wrote:
is halo 3 coming out for the computer right away or will i hv to wait?

It hasn't even been announced for PC, to my knowledge.

Halo 2 has been announced for Vista, though, in May. Judging by how long it takes for Halo games to get from Xbox to PC, you may be in for quite a wait.

BogusKun
Mar 16, 2007, 05:52 PM
Which is the only reason I have a vista computer waiting for me now. And i will be home from iraq soon... so I have time for Halo2Vista during May. and i will not leave my gameseat http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif