PDA

View Full Version : Tips for an Android

burning_card
Mar 16, 2007, 03:51 PM
I've got myself a HUcaseal and i'm in VH (about lvl 25)
Any tips for using her well, using traps right, etc? Also, any tips on making pipes a little easier for an android too?

Saphion
Mar 16, 2007, 03:58 PM
Hmmm... I only ever used Androids in Challenge Mode, but from what I remember Confuse Traps are best used on LOTS of enemies. Best gather them all together, lay it and then scarper. Then sit back as they try and eat each other. Lovely.

I'm sure there's more than that I just can't remember right now...

Banish
Mar 16, 2007, 04:19 PM
Yes, in Ult Confusion Traps come in handy alot.

When the enemies are confused, let them fight each other, then use a slicer-type weapon and attack them as well.

burning_card
Mar 16, 2007, 04:20 PM
yeah i use that in VH and Ults (well i had an android in ults) and confuse were useful. Right now i'm basically either dropping a freeze away from a group and hold them off a bt untill it blows (usually right when they get there, since i drop it far and lure them to it) or i just drop and shoot with a handgun.

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 17, 2007, 09:47 AM
I've only used a RAcast, and I've only used Traps on the Indi Belra's of Ult Ruins and Temple.

I'm the 'No-Trap-using-RAcast' in a sence...

Banish
Mar 17, 2007, 12:13 PM
Yes, once your android becomes more experienced, enemies will become weaker, and Traps will be less helpful. Now, I rarely use Confusion Traps as much, only on the tough Ruins enemies, and mostly use the Damage ones.

Sami
Mar 18, 2007, 06:47 AM
I am a lv 199 racaseal and i never found damage traps very usefull

If you're a ranger take a shot with you. Either a charge shot with high hit or a spread needle.
You use confuse and ice, but mainly ice. What i did was use ice till you run out of ice and then switch to confuse.

If you're a hunter i think again you want to use ice alot since confuse might not help you avoiding getting hit. On big groups use a charge slicer or a sword, but i think a saber weapon will do the job as well since it's higher and faster damage.

Ruins: Damage traps for enemies you can't hit.

burning_card
Mar 19, 2007, 05:24 PM
Got into ults and i see that traps are sometimes useful. I think freeze and confuse are most helpful, but damage never seems to help...they almost seem to just piss the enemies off lol.

I go barehanded when i'm using the hucaseal (angry fist, god hand) so i can go in quick and get out quick, and freeze traps seem to help a lot, and confuse traps help me in groups when i'm facing five enemies and i can only hit one at a time, keeps them occupied.

Thans for the tips peopel.

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 19, 2007, 05:28 PM
Oh, by the way, on Poufuilly and Pouilly Slimes, use Damage Traps to hurt them while their in their blob form.

burning_card
Mar 19, 2007, 05:31 PM
Yeah, but it's not tht useful in ults. The damage needed to kill it isn't worth it, so i just thow out a freeze trap when it comes up and kill it.

Cool thing i found out is that confuse traps will prevent a panarm from slitting. I didn't know confusion did that.

Banish
Mar 19, 2007, 06:15 PM
I enjoy Confusing the massive damaging enemies, like Delbiters and Ill Gills, and watch them fight each other. The Ill Gill always wins though, because of its instant-kill Megid attack.

burning_card
Mar 20, 2007, 03:59 PM
I didn't know megid worked on other enemies. I try confusing the lillies and they never kill anything.

BlueKnight
Mar 20, 2007, 04:02 PM
not high enuff megid.

need lv 30 to do sume good damage.

might work on normal mode not on vhard and untl as well.

Banish
Mar 20, 2007, 04:20 PM
On 2007-03-20 13:59, burning_card wrote:
I didn't know megid worked on other enemies. I try confusing the lillies and they never kill anything.

Ill Gill's Megid-like atatck is not Megid, but it is a one-hit kill move (like the Ultimate Mericarol and its brethen). It can kill any enemy.

burning_card
Mar 20, 2007, 04:56 PM
ahh i see, i figured that the enemies in ults just had a high dark resistance since a low level megid will kill anything in normal but won't do jack in ults, so the lillies just weren't strong enough.

Saffran
Mar 21, 2007, 02:32 AM
|Ill Gill's Megid-like atatck is not Megid,
|but it is a one-hit kill move (like the Ultimate Mericarol and its brethen).
|It can kill any enemy.

No it's not. I survive it all the time with 100 EDK.
It appears however that it can INDEED kill any ennemy. You work it out.

Banish
Mar 21, 2007, 04:24 PM
^ Maybe with 100 EDK, you are invicible to all Dark attacks, but I'm not sure.

On 2007-03-22 00:23, Splash wrote:

For an Ill Gill, shoot it with a gun with high hit%. Unless you are the brave one, you could try close range combat but you would risk dieing from its Megid swing.

And FYI, the Ill Gill's Megid Swing is an automatic death move, EDK won't help. On the other hand, if you are lucky, it will damage you instead of killing you in one hit.

There was also a thread about enemies' Megid-levels, and a discussion about Ill Gills.

http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=127760&forum=7&22

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fujita-san on 2007-03-22 15:42 ]</font>

Saffran
Mar 24, 2007, 03:39 AM
Bah, this thread doesn't have many facts straight.

You need either 25 or 30 EDK to survive any Megid from Zol Gibbon.
Dark Falz Megid in Ultimate is random, ranges from a very small ball to a decent sized one. I never died from it, but I generally have like 42 EDK at least, so...
Hildetorr Megid is probably random, up to a high level. It spit a huge ball at me a few days ago, I survived it but it was really big and really fast.
Megid Charge from Delbiter isn't too high, probably in the 30 EDK range. I should check one of these days.
Ill Gill Scythe has an extremely high chance of killing you, even with like 98 EDK. At 100EDK, you avoid the killing part and get hit - it is unavoidable.
Ill Gills have do a set damage yet are prone to Deband and Zalure. Example: Take a Racaseal and a Fonewearl. Both will take the exact same amount of damage from an Ill Gill - 784 or 1176. However, you can reduce that damage by applying Deband and Zalure. Also note that the last spawn of Ill Gills from PW4 does 784 or 1176 even when you are affected by Deband.

Banish
Mar 26, 2007, 08:07 PM
I see...

One guides states that Dark Falz on Ult has the the Megid of Level 3!