PDA

View Full Version : LV 30 Nosdiga is still only Stun LV 2

FUFME
Mar 17, 2007, 11:32 PM
I just hit LV30 on Nosdiga and to my surprise it still says LV 2 for Stun.

A lot of my other spells that high would say LV 3 or even 4.

I love Nosdiga, it helps so much especially for monsters that are always moving around and hard to get a steady target on.

Im curious about Noszonde if Shock stays at LV2 as well or it goes up to LV 3 or 4 ??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FUFME on 2007-03-17 21:37 ]</font>

Jey
Mar 18, 2007, 12:31 AM
eh, Barta is lv1 Freeze all the way through. Dammegid is only lv2 Virus all the through. With static SE spells, if they don't upgrade at 11, they won't upgrade at 21, and they sure won't upgrade at 30 (no spell does)

As for Noszonde, I believe it upgrades at lv11 to lv3 Shock, but doesn't change at lv22. Same with Nosmegid?

foamcup
Mar 18, 2007, 09:20 AM
To your surprise? Lawl, no SE changes at 30, whatever it is at 21, that's it!

EDIT: Noob

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: foamcup on 2007-03-18 07:29 ]</font>

FUFME
Mar 18, 2007, 06:00 PM
I never saw a Tech stuck on LV2. I dont use the other mentioned in 2nd post.

Thought maybe it was a Special Tech that I traded in, it might hit a different LV at 30

Mattardo
Mar 19, 2007, 10:17 AM
I still wanna know how glowing balls of energy are serpents. The fact that it stays at level 2 is no surprise, as I'm used to such smacks in the face with barta, which is hideous to level. I care MORE about the fact that I expected Boa Constrictors and Cobras to slither out of the ground and attack enemies as long as I held button down. The tech should read: "A glowing orb of super magical energy seeks out enemies as long as you hold down the button (or not if they are close), until they make contact and then attack in a decidedly non-serpentine manner. With a percentage to miss. Occasionally they will stun, because that's what magical ball energy serpents do. They stun. They don't poison (which serpents typically do) ; they stun. " That's how it should read. Where are my serpents? Maybe in Japan serpents are magical balls of earth energy, but somehow I don't think so. Somehow, I think whoever made the description for this tech was using LSD. Why doesn't Megid read "A big angry gorilla attacks with a chance to incapacitate. The big purple angry gorilla is so fierce, he will smash through multiple enemies." Or how about Damfoie : "All the angry spirits of hell belch forth as long as the button is held down." Or Barta : "An elderly lady rushes forth and pierces mutiple enemies with her cold and unloving demeanor, with a chance to freeze the hearts of those hit." Seriously, where are my damn serpents?

A2K
Mar 19, 2007, 12:24 PM
The "serpents" are burrowers, basically. Not sure where you're getting "orbs," although admittedly "serpents" is a stretch. I call it "seizuriffic homing orange barta" myself. As for the stun part, uh... many real life serpents paralyze (with injected neurotoxic poison), I suppose... or simply wrap around and constrict. Just saying--it's not unheard of!

SolomonGrundy
Mar 19, 2007, 12:31 PM
Is Nosdiga worth it for a WarTecher? I *really* like stun.

Ryna
Mar 19, 2007, 02:59 PM
On 2007-03-19 10:31, SolomonGrundy wrote:
Is Nosdiga worth it for a WarTecher? I *really* like stun.

I've found that Nosdiga doesn't inflict "Stun" that often. When it does, it is always on low-level enemies. That should be expected due to the low SE level and high stamina that most enemies have. If you are going to get Nosdiga, get it for the homing-effect and long-range attack potential. You can hit enemies on the opposite side of a large room with it.

Mattardo
Mar 19, 2007, 06:49 PM
Yes, some serpents stun... with the aid of poison. Heh. That's just a side effect. So Sega could compromise with our biological observations and give us Poison that eventually turns into Stun. Genius idea! I'll give you half of the credit BUT only half! My point is that it's so far removed from serpents that they could use the animal metaphor to apply to any of the techs! Gifoie : Red Ant Hill Explodes As You step on it and you are inflicted with millions of tiny bites that really Burn. Etc... Help me out here.

Natrokos
Mar 19, 2007, 10:52 PM
On 2007-03-19 08:17, Mattardo wrote:
I still wanna know how glowing balls of energy are serpents. The fact that it stays at level 2 is no surprise, as I'm used to such smacks in the face with barta, which is hideous to level. I care MORE about the fact that I expected Boa Constrictors and Cobras to slither out of the ground and attack enemies as long as I held button down. The tech should read: "A glowing orb of super magical energy seeks out enemies as long as you hold down the button (or not if they are close), until they make contact and then attack in a decidedly non-serpentine manner. With a percentage to miss. Occasionally they will stun, because that's what magical ball energy serpents do. They stun. They don't poison (which serpents typically do) ; they stun. " That's how it should read. Where are my serpents? Maybe in Japan serpents are magical balls of earth energy, but somehow I don't think so. Somehow, I think whoever made the description for this tech was using LSD. Why doesn't Megid read "A big angry gorilla attacks with a chance to incapacitate. The big purple angry gorilla is so fierce, he will smash through multiple enemies." Or how about Damfoie : "All the angry spirits of hell belch forth as long as the button is held down." Or Barta : "An elderly lady rushes forth and pierces mutiple enemies with her cold and unloving demeanor, with a chance to freeze the hearts of those hit." Seriously, where are my damn serpents?

I have no idea if I agree or not but that made me smile just reading. Lovely.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

omegapirate2k
Mar 19, 2007, 11:03 PM
On 2007-03-19 20:52, Natrokos wrote:

On 2007-03-19 08:17, Mattardo wrote:

I have no idea if I agree or not but that made me smile just reading. Lovely.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Agreed.