PDA

View Full Version : Item Database

Kinfante
Mar 18, 2007, 10:01 PM
So I went onto the Item database for PSO Ep. 1,2 & 3. I noticed that this one is alittle more arranged and detailed than the PSU one, has anyone else noticed that? I know the game is still kinda new, so we don't have too many items to display. But hopefully, the Database wil lget better, and show more drop rates and sall that good stuff.

Ooops, sorry, wrong Forum...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kinfante on 2007-03-18 20:03 ]</font>

Ryna
Mar 19, 2007, 02:23 PM
One thing you have to realize is that the Phantasy Star Online Item Database is several years old at this point. Virtually every unknown field has been filled in thanks to the efforts of numerous people.

In contrast, the Phantasy Star Universe Item Database is only a few months old. Also, there are a few things that make constructing an item database for this game more difficult than PSO:
-Differences in Online/Offline Stats - Unlike PSO, PSU items can have different stats for online and offline modes. That details makes maintaining the database more difficult.
-Larger Number of Items Covered - The PSO Item Database mostly just focused on rare weapons/armors/shields - which is pretty much all there was on PSO. The aim of the PSU Item Database is to catalog almost every item in the game.
-More Stats to Record - We're attempting to record several additional types of information such as Synthesis ingredients and grinding numbers. Unlike PSU, the amount gained per grind will vary between weapons and grind levels.
-Locked Content - A large portion of the online content is still locked. You can't record what you don't know.
-Item Drops - We're finally starting to get a good idea of how the drop system is supposed to work. Trying to design a findings system and enter information for it is almost impossible unless you have a good understanding of it.

Over the coming months, you'll see a lot of additional information being added along with new Item Database features. If would like to help us fill in some of the blanks for the existing data, please use our submission form (http://www.pso-world.com/psu-item-submit.php).

Kinfante
Mar 19, 2007, 08:49 PM
Thanks, you answered all I wanted to know. Keep up the good work! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Syaringan94
Mar 22, 2007, 04:25 PM
Hi. I have been playing PSO for a while. I really like the game. I was introduced to hacks a little while ago and I know it's kinda cheap to use them. But I found some weapons and armor that are unobtainable legitimently. They name of the weapons are just "?????". They are black handled sabers with white photon blades. They can make any movements or sound as any other weapon in the game. For instance, you could have a that description of the weapon with the sound and actions of a katana, saber, rifle, mechgun, handgun, sword, or launcher. Also, I have found info on the colored rings that go around your character's wrist. The colors are white,black,yellow,blue,green,red,and purple. There are 3 different versions of the rings for all colors except red. The different versions raise different stats. One raises attack speed. Another raises defense, and another raises attack power.

Ryna
Mar 22, 2007, 04:33 PM
If you are talking about the PSO Items, the weapons you are describing are most likely hacked and are not valid items.

In the case of the rings, it is possible to create rings with varying attribributes. However, we only list the ones that can be obtained legitimately.