PDA

View Full Version : Twinkle Star question

Munki
Dec 6, 2002, 08:28 PM
When combining the required items to make a Twinkle Star, what is the difference of using a higher type of the item (i.e. Baton instead of Wand).

Would a Baton produce a higher MST for the Twinkle Star? Or is the twinkle stars stats going to always be the same (with the exception of photon %).

Also, I seem to remember seeing that Twinkle Star boosts the power of all techs somewhat. I can't remember where I saw this, and it doesn't have a tech boost at all in the Tech Boost guide.

Can anybody help? Trying to decide if the Twinkle Star is a worthwhile item to try and make for my FOnewearl.

HC82
Dec 6, 2002, 09:11 PM
I believe the higher the weapon type the higher the percents drop on the weapon. I've seen many 50% clubs but can't find a cane with 50% in the store.

Iam really not sure though. I could easily test it offline, make another summit moon and compare stats. It would take some times though.

Kupi
Dec 6, 2002, 09:42 PM
I'm fairly certain that the Twinkle Star boosts all Simple Techs by 30%, the equivalent of every club-based rare's tech boost mashed together. I think the Magical Piece boosts Gi-techs by 30% as well. Does that mean that the Technical Crozier boosts Ra-techs? Hrm.

Anyway, I'll reiterate: Twinkle Star gives big boost to all Simple Techs.

HC82
Dec 6, 2002, 09:58 PM
Twinkle star boosts all basic techs by 15%~18%
Depending your natural amp to basic techs you'll get less or more if you have no natural amp. Same is true for magical piece which is 20% but it's about 23% if you have no racial amps in mid level techs.

The only other factor for this could be what you used to create the weapon with. Ive used both a +55 wand and a +10 club on a Moola on and recieved the same amp regardless. I want to test a fully grinded mace just to be sure. So I have to assume the above is true.

BTW the summit moon amps Basic techs by alot more then the twinkle star, comparing a full grinded wand and a full grinded cane/club, respectively for twinkle and summit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HC82 on 2002-12-07 14:16 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Dec 6, 2002, 11:07 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=472

HC82
Dec 7, 2002, 05:15 PM
You should also note that some enemies are resistant to weapon and shield tech modifiers. For example a Mace of adaman does not give a barta bonus if used on vol opts second form, but a Ice staff:Dagon will.

A fire staff agni will not amp foie techs on a poufilly slime, same goes for berill and zoa sinows.