PDA

View Full Version : First Rare Hunt

Krans
Mar 20, 2007, 05:30 AM
So i finally decided to actually hunt for a rare map, i was lv 65 and i still didn't see one single rare enemY!

So after finally becoming kind of bored with seabed me and my friend decide we are going to hunt for a Giga / skill PP save for me, adn a Me/ Quick for him.

We head to sleeping warriors to do mine first rare charts in hand.

I kind of misinterpretted the information a little so when on our 4th run we thought we messed up but then went a little further and we thought hey maybe it is right so we carried on. Then in block 2, rappy!

I went kind of nuts because i finally saw one and i thought he might drop my unit, they took a while to kill but we finally killed em but no giga save http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. We decided to finish the map.

Now for the rare boss we didn't know if it spawns randomly or on rare maps but we decide to check, get in block 4 and the big pink bastard is standing there, again i go a little nuts kill him with a beast mode in like 10 seconds, at first i saw nothing drop and was kind of bummed then my friend goes "he dropped it!"

Look at the scrolling words
Kalil received Hard / Power Charge

Then i let out a "wooooooooo!" and almost woke my fmily up, needless to say 2 more rare bosses came out but dropped money.

So we felt incredibly lucky to find one of the items so quickly. Still going to try find my Giga Save and definately going to help my friend with his Me / quick, but i have to say that was probably my funnest experience on PSU so far, perfect timing as i was getting bored.

But now i need A Armor? Any offers heh i got a good chunk of money and trade items,

ahh rare hunting might be fun after all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SAtaarcoeny
Mar 20, 2007, 05:46 AM
this truth may hurt but here u go .....i have got the rare spawn about 50-70 times sold about 20 hard powers and given about 6 away....guess how many skill pp saves i got??????? 1 and that was on st patrics day... (its in my shop for 4 mil i wont sell it for any less) but yeah so out of 210 rappys 1 pp save so dont be in a hurry to find 1

SAtaarcoeny
Mar 20, 2007, 05:47 AM
and 1 more thing get the har quick the me quick isnt worth it

Krans
Mar 20, 2007, 05:56 AM
On 2007-03-20 03:46, SAtaarcoeny wrote:
this truth may hurt but here u go .....i have got the rare spawn about 50-70 times sold about 20 hard powers and given about 6 away....guess how many skill pp saves i got??????? 1 and that was on st patrics day... (its in my shop for 4 mil i wont sell it for any less) but yeah so out of 210 rappys 1 pp save so dont be in a hurry to find 1

aw bummer, yea i figured it was much more rare than the hard power, but its somethin fun and challengin to do until we get bored. Man if i found 20 hard charges id be estatic too, im sure i could sell em and buy the Giga save maybe, also do you remember which of the 3 maps you got yours on? idk if that plays a factor but just a theory.

ill let my friend know bout the har quick as well.

oh one more thing, is the giga save worth it? do you like it? or am i wasting time?

Miyoko
Mar 20, 2007, 06:00 AM
I hate you both so much. Nearing 20 hours of grinding VoC C for a WD lovers and not a single spawn. ;- ;

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 20, 2007, 06:00 AM
I'll just say Congrats, and well, mabye shouting the name of the primary rare enemy name before you enter the mission...

I once said- "ORGDUS"

before a Sleeping Wariors run... and by all surprises... Rappy show up, and when there's Rappy in Sleeping Warriors, there's ALWAYS an Orgdus...

So, ya, I was happy, and 90% out of my mind going crazy...

Try that, mabye It works...

Hresvelgr
Mar 20, 2007, 10:14 AM
Whas this on A or S rank difficulty?

MayLee
Mar 20, 2007, 10:19 AM
I did some rare hunts..Didn't go so well..Apparently they don't show up when you are looking for them.

Now how do I trick them into thinking I'm not looking?

CyarVictor
Mar 20, 2007, 10:21 AM
S for Orgdus and Rappies always spawn with orgdus. i love hunting them. Not really for the Hard / Power Charge, but because they are fun to fight. I've only gotten 4 hard/power charges which i sold all but one. I found one Giga/Skill Save that i sold for 1mil(avg price). Grinn Bete S are fun to fight since 1 has twin sword arms, 1 has dual cannons, and 1 is a supe'd up grinn bete c. There's a chance to get a statue of them. It seems that ST made it harder to find the rare maps, but increased the drop rates of the rare monsters. it just takes dedication to find any rare enemy. i wish they had the old rare enemy setup so that they would truely be rare enemies like seeing a huge Pal Rappy on ult.

Akaimizu
Mar 20, 2007, 10:22 AM
Only the special occassion rare enemies ever show up for me, and when they do, they show up once. Well, I see you got your first Yellow rappy at level 65. Nice challenge, though I'm only 4 levels below you. I'm still shooting for 70 before I see my first one, and I'm running a lot of Rappy-able maps.

Hresvelgr
Mar 20, 2007, 10:26 AM
Are there any detailed maps on stuff like sleeping warrior? like Stixx did with the Black Heart? ive been over to psupedia for some info but i fail to understand the map fomations ..

Mabe my brain cant comprehend even this easy information :<

Nightmarexlc
Mar 20, 2007, 10:30 AM
On 2007-03-20 08:21, CyarVictor wrote:
i wish they had the old rare enemy setup so that they would truely be rare enemies like seeing a huge Pal Rappy on ult.

100% agree on that. Black heart hunting = most boring thing ive done in an online game ever... anywho, im glad to hear that hard / power charge is kinda easy to find.

Later today ill try to find one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Mattardo
Mar 20, 2007, 01:31 PM
Whoever wrote PSUpedia for Sleeping Warriors needs to wear a helmet. Long Hallway route : 6 lil dragons, don't matter what spawns next or it there are respawns, then PAST THE GATE there will be the next monsters listed. Then Block 2 has jumping things, and it doesn't matter what spawns next. THEN DOWN THE STAIRS there should be 2 Badira lizards. Compare what I said to what the PSUpedia says and then you'll see how it's written. Not very intuitively. It basically lists the first spawn, then a landmark and the spawn after it. Example: 6 Badira Past Gate 4 Clowns. It's just written badly.

Krans
Mar 20, 2007, 01:56 PM
This was done on S, as i wasn't sure if A would yield the lv 50 rappies? does anyoe know if it does? cuz A would be a little faster. ANyways for the one who said they've been hunting for 20 hrs and havent found nothing i sort of know how you feel, before this every once in a while we'd find something good but id never get it.

Oh and i had leogini and my PM with me and hah i didnt scream "orgdus" like mentioned above, but oddly enough on the right map right after we talked about it possibly being the right one leogini goes "Yes!" weird huh hah

ENAK
Mar 20, 2007, 02:33 PM
So we huntin tonight?

Hresvelgr
Mar 21, 2007, 12:30 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hresvelgr on 2007-03-21 11:01 ]</font>