PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Handgun Bullets and HUs/fFs

Allison_W
Mar 20, 2007, 12:35 PM
I've been playing a Hunter, headed Fortefighter, of late, and I'm aware this means that the only ranged attack I'll have access to on this character is handguns with bullets up to 10th level.

What I'm wondering is, is there any point to bothering? I know there are many situations where it's important to have a ranged attack, but what I don't know is if there's any point to even trying to make something of the handgun bullets. As a female beast Hunter 'round 15th level, I'm actually running into situations here and there (i.e., the wyvern-things in Valley of Carnage) where I can do more damage with my gun than with melee attacks, but I don't know as if this will stand. Currently, I'm kind of leaning towards getting the remaining handgun bullets for those situations where they're useful, considering I have more than enough money and I don't expect to run out of PA slots anytime soon.

Shade-
Mar 20, 2007, 01:11 PM
considering you are (going to be) a fortefighter, and a beast, I might advise against using a BA on your handgun. correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that with a lvl 10 BA your accuracy will still only be about 60% of what it would be without it. Given, it will do more damage and have a slight chance of adding a status, but if the goal is to put a number on flying enemies so you can at least get experience, the regular old green bullet may suit you better.

Allison_W
Mar 20, 2007, 01:13 PM
Hrm, this is possible. However, I also worry about my ability when soloing, though I suppose the reasonable advice there would be "don't solo anywhere you need a ranged weapon."

SolomonGrundy
Mar 20, 2007, 01:18 PM
On 2007-03-20 10:35, Allison_W wrote:
I've been playing a Hunter, headed Fortefighter, of late, and I'm aware this means that the only ranged attack I'll have access to on this character is handguns with bullets up to 10th level.

What I'm wondering is, is there any point to bothering? I know there are many situations where it's important to have a ranged attack, but what I don't know is if there's any point to even trying to make something of the handgun bullets. As a female beast Hunter 'round 15th level, I'm actually running into situations here and there (i.e., the wyvern-things in Valley of Carnage) where I can do more damage with my gun than with melee attacks, but I don't know as if this will stand. Currently, I'm kind of leaning towards getting the remaining handgun bullets for those situations where they're useful, considering I have more than enough money and I don't expect to run out of PA slots anytime soon.

I would say buy an ice bullet. I'm a level 63 fortefighter, and use the handgun to pick off low HP fliers, and to provide supplemental damage Tengoghs, Jarbas, and other enemies that take 1/2 damage from melee.

B'duki series handguns (I use a 'Re') have low PP, but very good ATP - grind it a few times and you have a decent little ranged ramage source. You can alos go Yohemi which gives up about 100 ATP for 300 more PP.

accuracy isn't really the issue except at low bullet art levels. Once you get it to 10 (which does not take all that long), you will find 8/10 of your bullets hitting - and the damage increase is worth it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-03-20 11:23 ]</font>

Allison_W
Mar 20, 2007, 01:24 PM
On 2007-03-20 11:18, SolomonGrundy wrote:

On 2007-03-20 10:35, Allison_W wrote:

I would say buy an ice bullet. I'm a level 63 fortefightere, and use the handgun to pick off low HP fliers, and to provide supplemental damage Tengoghs, Jarbas, and other enemies that take 1/2 damage from fliers.

B'duki series handguns (I use a 'Re') have low PP, but very good ATP - grind it a few times and you have a decent little ranged ramage source. You can alos go Yohemi which gives up about 100 ATP for 300 more PP.

Thanks for the advice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I've been liking the Tenora handguns myself, because the idea is to keep my damage output as high as possible when I'm fighting fliers and such, and I don't expect to be using guns all that often anyway. However, I think I will get some Yohmei guns for bullet leveling. (As I say: "Yohmei Corp. Laugh at our ATP. We'll be here when you want to level your PAs.")

SolomonGrundy
Mar 20, 2007, 01:29 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I don't laugh as much at Yohemi ATP. The increased PP is especially helpfull as you can use your special attacks over and over. Even when your skills are maxxed, it's really helpfull to be able to, say, stun lock jarbas for 30 extra seconds with a set of yohemi dual sabers.

Also, for some weapons (swords), Yohemi's do really well the first few grinds.

Allison_W
Mar 20, 2007, 01:31 PM
On 2007-03-20 11:29, SolomonGrundy wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I don't laugh as much at Yohemi ATP. The increased PP is especially helpfull as you can use your special attacks over and over. Even when your skills are maxxed, it's really helpfull to be able to, say, stun lock jarbas for 30 extra seconds with a set of yohemi dual sabers.

Also, for some weapons (swords), Yohemi's do really well the first few grinds.

Indeed. I ground my Brekaud a few times, and its ATP just went FWOOSH and left my Soda Brekka strictly a "backup only" weapon.

omegapirate2k
Mar 21, 2007, 09:48 AM
If I were a fortefighter, I'd get that ultimate handgun bullet ASAP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-03-21 07:49 ]</font>

Zorafim
Mar 21, 2007, 01:28 PM
I hear it's meh. Mostly, too much pp cost for too little status infliction.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 21, 2007, 02:26 PM
On 2007-03-21 07:48, omegapirate2k wrote:
If I were a fortefighter, I'd get that ultimate handgun bullet ASAP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-03-21 07:49 ]</font>

Why..it drains HP, and not all that much. seems like a waste? HP is not what I need.

Vay
Mar 21, 2007, 08:58 PM
Well, it hits like a shotgun bullet, meaning that it can hit two enemies in one shot if you position it between them close together. It's pretty expensive PP wise (14 PP a shot as fG), but it can be good with fF ATP I suppose. It's not BAD. If you have nothing else to spend frags on, I suggest getting it.