PDA

View Full Version : VIVO

DurakkenX
Mar 21, 2007, 03:35 PM
i have a nVidia Geforce 7300 GT with VIVO...

I would like to get my game consoles and satellite displayed on my PC and my PC displayed on my TV if possible... if not the latter at least the former.

I also would like to know if i can input my xbox 360's high def into my PC through it...

VioletSkye
Mar 21, 2007, 04:28 PM
Yes you can run your console games on the pc via s video (and possibly composite depending on the ports on the card) and you can also display your pc screen on your tv (provided your tv has the correct port/s which will most likely be s video.) However it does not have a built-in tuner like tv tuner cards do, it simply is able to accept a video signal in from the supported ports.

I don't believe you will be able to display hi def for your xbox 360 however as the IN port only accepts s video which is not hi def (s video is typically 480i or 576i)

As for getting your satellite tv displayed, you should be able to if either your satellite box or even a vcr to run it through has an s video out on it. You won't be able to turn the channel via the pc however, you'll still need to change it via the box or vcr.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2007-03-21 14:44 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Mar 21, 2007, 05:55 PM
my vivo plug thingy has s-vid in, s-vid out, the 3 high res cables out, and comp in...

How would i play my consoles on my PC screen? I need a program obviously but what and where can i get it.

VioletSkye
Mar 21, 2007, 05:59 PM
DScaler (http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/downloads.htm) should work great for that. Don't let the fact that it's free bother you, it's an outstanding program.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2007-03-21 16:03 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Mar 21, 2007, 06:41 PM
it doesn't seem to want to work...i'll keep trying though >.>

VioletSkye
Mar 22, 2007, 10:34 PM
Did you get it going?

Blitzkommando
Mar 22, 2007, 10:35 PM
You'll need the nVidia WDM drivers to get the VIVO to work.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/wdm_geforce_4.13.html

From there, enabling DScaler should do it. The 'hardest' part is configuring it properly and setting up the audio to use the PC's speakers (you'll need a Y-cable that converts the RCA red and white audio to however the input is for your computer).