PDA

View Full Version : Onmagoug.

Allison_W
Mar 22, 2007, 04:15 PM
So I just bought a swimsuit for my character, and I decided I wanted to go hit the hot springs (for a good opportunity to wear it, natch). Anyway, I first tried to get to the hot springs on Moatoob... and it was time-consuming, but I made it as far as the boss of Desert Goliath, getting pwnt several times, before I just gave up on him and decided that next time I tried it again, I was either going to have a powerful ground weapon and several more levels or, better yet, a group.

So then I decide to try the springs on Neudaiz. The first mission is no problem. The second one is time-consuming due to the flyers, but nothing is a real threat.

Then I meet Onmagoug. I'm used to Story Mode, so I figure I'll just shoot him in the wings (using my dinky handguns, lol) and then nail him when he's down, but it seems that I'm just plain not doing enough damage to the wings--I'm going to guess I'll have to do way more than I'm doing in a single shot in order to stop him. Anyway, I figure I got him down a decent ways, as he started whipping out snares combined with WTF LIETNING and pwned me.

So anyway, I'm a level 18 female beast Hunter doing rank C Demons Above. The "handguns" in question are B'duki Ogas, which I'm pretty sure are the most powerful handgun I can equip as a Hunter; I'm using LV3 Frozen Hit with both of them, and one is ground to level 4. The weapon I used to plink away at him after I realized I just wasn't sniping out one of his wings was a Wirecle ground to level 3 with Bogga Danga at LV12.

So anyway, what am I doing wrong? Aside from just not having a group? Is there some way to get through him that I just haven't thought of yet?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I already went heavy on the Agtarides and Zodiarides.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allison_W on 2007-03-22 14:19 ]</font>

Shiryuu
Mar 22, 2007, 04:20 PM
Try to stay behind and close to him at all times. That way his swiping attack has less chances of hitting you and if you're close, the fireballs won't hit you at all. For the lightning, just watch his hands. If you see blue stuff coming out of it, look at the ground and avoid the forming lightning strikes.

Allison_W
Mar 22, 2007, 04:25 PM
Hrm, thanks for the tips.

It's not just the lightning, though--it's the snares that keep me stuck in place. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

imfanboy
Mar 22, 2007, 04:29 PM
he telegraphs the snares by raising his hands in the air - if you're quick, you can click the R3 to get out of first person and run away.

Tengoku
Mar 22, 2007, 04:36 PM
Bosses aren't easy online. I found that out the hard way at level 16 when I went after De Ragan, quite by accident, mind you. I had no Idea who that De Ragan cat was, but I decided to take him down. I succeeded, with no deaths, but it also took me an hour of wacking on his tail and running like a little girl while he flew around.

So just be patient and smart and you'll win. Eventually.

Vay
Mar 22, 2007, 07:49 PM
If he's up in the air and rears back, get out of FPS and run around. Just keep sticking close to him, plinking with handguns on the wings 'til he crashes. Oh, when he goes to throw things, scatter, but that's pretty obvious. The rocks he throws can cause 1h KO, at least on S. Not sure about the other difficulties.

Itsuki
Mar 22, 2007, 08:40 PM
Fire armor. Even a low level character can afford a Perpaline (Or Gigaline + Mega/rainbow if you're a bit higher). That will dramatically reduce the damage you take from the fight.

Also, hunters just have a hard time with bosses. Not suprisingly, the fight is endlessly easier as a ranger or with rangers in party. While hes on the ground, I actually recommend just getting behind him, and wailing on him with an ice weapon if you have it. As a hunter, you're better off just focusing on dealing the damage, ignoring the wings.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-03-22 18:44 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Mar 23, 2007, 10:43 AM
On 2007-03-22 18:40, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Fire armor. Even a low level character can afford a Perpaline (Or Gigaline + Mega/rainbow if you're a bit higher). That will dramatically reduce the damage you take from the fight.

Also, hunters just have a hard time with bosses. Not suprisingly, the fight is endlessly easier as a ranger or with rangers in party. While hes on the ground, I actually recommend just getting behind him, and wailing on him with an ice weapon if you have it. As a hunter, you're better off just focusing on dealing the damage, ignoring the wings.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-03-22 18:44 ]</font>

Hunters have a hard time with bosses? Just the moatoob boss,and even then only when the bottom section breaks...most boses have multiple hit locations which gets them dead very quickly...

I would think rangers had it tougher?

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 23, 2007, 11:00 AM
Yeah, my human just pwns bosses w/ Splendor Crush. As a fF, he only uses 17 PP each strike, or 51 for a full combo, and the last part hits like 3 targets 4 times. fF w/ Splendor Crush >>>>>>> bosses

Vay
Mar 23, 2007, 05:16 PM
Even as a ranger-type myself, I still can use a single saber for combo 1 Gravity Strike... on Eastern Peril Onma it still adds up for a ton of damage. On top of that, Damage G traps are incredible against bosses... 5 hits each x 5 traps x 250 or more damage a hit? Yeah, that's worth it, at least in my eyes. Plus with our ability to constantly deal damage safely as a ranger, with limited melee ability, makes it much easier for us to solo bosses than a hunter with just a pistol.

Itsuki
Mar 24, 2007, 01:00 AM
On 2007-03-23 08:43, SolomonGrundy wrote:

On 2007-03-22 18:40, Itsuki-chan wrote:

Also, hunters just have a hard time with bosses. Not suprisingly, the fight is endlessly easier as a ranger or with rangers in party.

Hunters have a hard time with bosses? Just the moatoob boss,and even then only when the bottom section breaks...most boses have multiple hit locations which gets them dead very quickly...

I would think rangers had it tougher?

I don't want an arguement on what classes do better vs bosses or anything. Everybody at high levels and in large groups owns bosses. But at low levels and solo or in small groups, rangers have it easier. Especially against bosses that move around a lot like Onma or Dimma. I'm not saying hunters don't deal tons of damage, but while the boss is moving or flying, hunters are pretty useless. In a big group, Onma spends 90% of the time on the ground in hunter's range. But solo, he spends 90% of the time flying. So if you're a hunter, you have to just focus on having the fire power to get him down real low before he flies. While if you're a ranger, hes never not in your range. And while hes on the ground you can even switch to melee to deal comparable-to-hunter damage.