PDA

View Full Version : Protransers: Er, what is it you do again?

Tengoku
Mar 22, 2007, 05:30 PM
I've been spending some time reading the various guides on this site, to give me a better idea of just what every class is capable of, and to get a better idea of group dynamics. I'm stumped, unfortunately, even after reading the protranser guide here.

Gimme a hand here folks. What, exactly, is it that Protransers do?

I mean, sure, they're experts, pros even, at this "transing" thing, but WTF does that mean? And how effective are amateurtransers?

Jokes aside, I've run with a grand total of one protranser, and that for only two missions. Sure, they were dynamite with a shotgun, but that's a given. It's called a n00bstik for a reason. What else do protransers do? I hope it's reasonably impressive 'cause you've got 15 levels of basic class behind you. Sure it's a long hike, but if the view sucks, it's easy to think the journey was wasted.

I also hope the answer is better than "We're really, really, good with traps," 'cause that's kinda sad.

Also, why don't you all get together and wear the same type of hat so we can actually identify you guys at a glance. I mean, if you ever actually put the shotgun away long enough to do, well, whatever this "transing" thing is, I'll never figure out what you are if you don't have a shotgun equipped. So, make with the hats already. Something jaunty and tall enough so we can see those frikkin uber-chibi newmen thought the tall grass. How am I supposed to heal you if I can't see you? Tall hat. Pope-like even. Get 'er done!

Disclaimer: this is a semi-serious joke post. Well, except the hat thing, I'm serious about that. No, really.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tengoku on 2007-03-22 15:30 ]</font>

SolRiver
Mar 22, 2007, 06:27 PM
Protranser make fighgunner look like they were baby boomers/rats/chinese/etc in terms of population.

I don't think it is easy to identify a protranser at all if you don't pay alot of attention. Because that "hunter" over there using tornado break or plowing with an axe just might be a protranser as well.

Also, no, no protranser is going to wear a hat for identity's sake; it would destroy the purpose of us being a sub-life form that secretly merged into the population like the martian man hunter or something.

Protranser save lives in crisis, like superman.

But superman can't be compared to gods(forteTechers).

Itsuki
Mar 22, 2007, 07:09 PM
On 2007-03-22 15:30, Tengoku wrote:
Also, why don't you all get together and wear the same type of hat so we can actually identify you guys at a glance.

NUUUUuuuuu~ hats are the signs of real Rangers, not fake rangers!

juno-6
Mar 22, 2007, 10:54 PM
no seriously, lol. what exactly is a protransers purpose?

imfanboy
Mar 22, 2007, 11:12 PM
To fit perfectly into any party.

Oh? Not enough hunters in the party? Well, whip out the axes and the swords and go to town.

Hmmm? We need a ranger to dish out SE4 virus, spread SEs around, and stunlock big enemies? Well, good thing we've got a protranser here! He can do that just fine!

The protransers I've seen are preemininetly versatile, outfitting themselves for whatever the party needs, and sometimes changing up gear twice or three times in a run. Figunners can do that kinda half-assed, and wartechers are probably equal in terms of versatility (simply because they also have techs to bring to the party), but a good protranser can do ANYTHING.

Except Resta. ^_^

juno-6
Mar 22, 2007, 11:55 PM
do they have the atp and def to fill in as a fF or are you talking about just crowd control? that first line though summed it up pretty well ima.

e13hack
Mar 23, 2007, 12:45 AM
as a level 77 PT10 ive critical for over 1900 with an agataride and my 9* 18% axe... you tell me if thats good for a PT my DFP is at 108 right now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif not the best but still...i can use guns or striking weapons when i have to

imfanboy
Mar 23, 2007, 01:10 AM
They can do plenty of damage - remember, they get axes, swords, and spears, the 3 highest base Attack weapons. Provided they get good eelemnts on them as well.... Well, it's done then. ^_^

SolomonGrundy
Mar 23, 2007, 01:17 AM
On 2007-03-22 22:45, e13hack wrote:
as a level 77 PT10 ive critical for over 1900 with an agataride and my 9* 18% axe... you tell me if thats good for a PT my DFP is at 108 right now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif not the best but still...i can use guns or striking weapons when i have to

no offense but...that's kinda...not all that impressive.
Granted you could then whip out a shotgun, or a grenade launcher, or a...I dunno...Sleep trap G?

But I have to say having less atp than a Wartecker is pretty uninspiring. I keep wanting PT to be "Sooooo GOOD!" but instead they seem to be kinda ok-ish, and *really* difficult to get to that stage even (PT5/6)

e13hack
Mar 23, 2007, 01:36 AM
On 2007-03-22 23:17, SolomonGrundy wrote:

On 2007-03-22 22:45, e13hack wrote:

no offense but...that's kinda...not all that impressive.
Granted you could then whip out a shotgun, or a grenade launcher, or a...I dunno...Sleep trap G?

But I have to say having less atp than a Wartecker is pretty uninspiring. I keep wanting PT to be "Sooooo GOOD!" but instead they seem to be kinda ok-ish, and *really* difficult to get to that stage even (PT5/6)

No offense taken, but...having the ability to use a some-what good variaty of weapons comes in handy. my bow does more damage than a fortegunner with Phantom combo. plus it has SE4. stirke weapons may not be all that great for PT do to their ATP but still, an extra 1900 with crowd control can help out. IMO

XDeviousX
Mar 23, 2007, 02:54 AM
I'm not a PT but I do know..

1) They get a wide variety of melee and ranged weapons.

2) Have Good HP and nice stats at PT lvl 10

3) Gain weapons with SE4

4) Increased trap power (Nothing to sneeze at since I can solo most runs as a fighgunner with traps in my pallet)

5) They have increased critical damage ratio. (atp not as good as a Fortefighter or fighgunner but they critical a lot more which evens there damage out to be on par with other classes...)

That is not a bad days work if you are looking to find a class to play if you ask me. I thought they had higher stamina then other classes too but that could be wrong. even still, most PT I've been in a party with have been great team members and effecient killers. A good PT can not only fill in at many different jobs, but excel at them...

SolomonGrundy
Mar 23, 2007, 10:38 AM
if they had better MST I could have been lured. Ater all they did complete 5 levels of Force...

XDeviousX
Mar 23, 2007, 08:47 PM
Bows and cards aren't as good as high MST or techs, but SE4 is good for anyone, plus bows have good damage and range (Which more ppl don't use) PTs can devastate is any situation if played right...

SolRiver
Mar 24, 2007, 12:21 AM
Why is MST even mentioned? It is like one of the worst stat there is. Even with high MST, tech still hurt like hell regardless. Elemental armor is all the defense you need to focus on.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 24, 2007, 03:13 AM
On 2007-03-23 22:21, SolRiver wrote:
Why is MST even mentioned? It is like one of the worst stat there is. Even with high MST, tech still hurt like hell regardless. Elemental armor is all the defense you need to focus on.

I disagree. I have a newman force, lowis level, and she takes little/no damage from techs. It's nice.

Schubalts
Mar 24, 2007, 10:30 AM
We also have to go do B missions at 55, if you just switched to Protranny. I need some Bruce spammage... or somebody to let me in S2 runs while I sit in the lobby! ;D

SolRiver
Mar 24, 2007, 12:05 PM
On 2007-03-24 01:13, SolomonGrundy wrote:

I disagree. I have a newman force, lowis level, and she takes little/no damage from techs. It's nice.

From what? lv5 monsters?

A diga from a vanda in VoC C can deplete 60-70% hp of a lv10 force newman. If that vanda was buffed by passive buff, it is a potential 1-hit-KO.

Although that might be becase of the hp, but that means more HP > more MST.

Lets put it this way.

ATP: *****
TP: *****
HP: **** (can take more hits before needing resta/item)
ATA: class depending
EVP: ** (when it is high, it does more than DFP)
MST: * (not nearly that many tech using monsters are around)
DFP: * (at least it is required for armor, but it isn't actually that effective in combat)
STA: you can't do much about this anyway

No one can disagree that elemental armor is more important than both MST and DFP.

IMO when you get hit or not, it is alot about skills and less stats. Although different style of playing may change the opinion of this.

If monsters start using homing techs, MST might become alot more important. But HP and elemental armor still can replace it.

For the case of PT, defensive ability is even more worthless. Because we can get into every situation that is safe for us and use to max potential. For example, we don't have to risk our life to do most damage on Kagajibari (actually, we just grenade stun them so hunter can do dmg), while we still can go melee the hell out of range resistance monsters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2007-03-24 10:34 ]</font>

AC9breaker
Mar 24, 2007, 01:40 PM
Newmens have a ridiculous amount of MST. Since some of the enemies seem to have crappy TP, they can pretty much take zero damage with the right elemental gear on in lots of S ranks. next time watch a Newmen wearing ice armor in Neudeiz and watch the 2 and 5's spammed by the Komatoze's dambarta. Or the 10's and 20's casted from the Gohmen's(whatever they're called) barta.

As for defense, I have enough defense to do my meleeing without dying. Add that with the crapload of HP we get and I can always jump into the whirlwind of battle lay down some hurt and not die in the process even with the use of wrong elemental gear.

ShinMaruku
Mar 24, 2007, 09:05 PM
Fonewearls are like Princess Skuld. Get Gi-resta and you have Skuld right there.

LAMB1
Mar 24, 2007, 10:34 PM
o man , how can somebody just up and atom dis a pro, when a good transer does way more total damage thany any of ur fav classes, im a lvl 10 pro, and i control a mob like nop other, shottys i use when im short on traps, lvl 30 bows when im short on traps, axes to pound enemys to pulp juice, u must got no clue, im ur gonna dis it so bad maybe u should just join the figummer band wagon, theyre accepting applications as of this whack topic^^

XDeviousX
Mar 25, 2007, 03:13 AM
On 2007-03-24 20:34, LAMB1 wrote:
o man , how can somebody just up and atom dis a pro, when a good transer does way more total damage thany any of ur fav classes, im a lvl 10 pro, and i control a mob like nop other, shottys i use when im short on traps, lvl 30 bows when im short on traps, axes to pound enemys to pulp juice, u must got no clue, im ur gonna dis it so bad maybe u should just join the figummer band wagon, theyre accepting applications as of this whack topic^^

I'm a fighgunner and I defended your class, crap-mouth. You shouldn't defend your class by bashing others, that automatically invalidates your point...

Tengoku
Mar 25, 2007, 11:15 AM
On 2007-03-24 08:30, Schubalts wrote:
We also have to go do B missions at 55, if you just switched to Protranny.
Nope, just curious about the class, although I'm thinking about switching over.

Wait, did you say protranny? SEX CHANGE EXPERT? WTF? Is that part of the trap expertise? How... creepy.

*shiver*

Schubalts
Mar 25, 2007, 12:40 PM
On 2007-03-25 09:15, Tengoku wrote:

Wait, did you say protranny? SEX CHANGE EXPERT? WTF? Is that part of the trap expertise? How... creepy.

*shiver*

Yes, I said Protranny.

It's just funnier than saying Protranser. Got it from 'mr. transexual' or 'mr. transvestite', been a long time.

sugarfox
Mar 25, 2007, 07:14 PM
I'm not a "protranny" (lol) but anyone dissing em' will look rather silly if
when the new jobs come out you need a Lv 10 Protranser to get
the most boss class ever...lol

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 25, 2007, 07:49 PM
im going for a protranser right now...switching over from a fortefighter....which sucks because i have to refit armor for the ranger and probably will for the force too....

CelestialBlade
Mar 25, 2007, 08:40 PM
I've never understood what the big mystery was surrounding Protransers....their strength lies in that they can do everything, thus they are not going to rival a pure class in any particular stat. They're perfect if you like variety, or just get bored easily with doing one thing over and over again.

It's pretty silly to think that they're going to rival a Fortefighter in terms of raw power. They are, however, going to be far more able to adapt to any given circumstance than a Fortefighter. And THAT'S their strength.

Tsavo
Mar 26, 2007, 12:02 AM
On 2007-03-24 10:05, SolRiver wrote:

On 2007-03-24 01:13, SolomonGrundy wrote:

From what? lv5 monsters?

A diga from a vanda in VoC C can deplete 60-70% hp of a lv10 force newman. If that vanda was buffed by passive buff, it is a potential 1-hit-KO.

Although that might be becase of the hp, but that means more HP > more MST.

Lets put it this way.

ATP: *****
TP: *****
HP: **** (can take more hits before needing resta/item)
ATA: class depending
EVP: ** (when it is high, it does more than DFP)
MST: * (not nearly that many tech using monsters are around)
DFP: * (at least it is required for armor, but it isn't actually that effective in combat)
STA: you can't do much about this anyway

No one can disagree that elemental armor is more important than both MST and DFP.

IMO when you get hit or not, it is alot about skills and less stats. Although different style of playing may change the opinion of this.

If monsters start using homing techs, MST might become alot more important. But HP and elemental armor still can replace it.

For the case of PT, defensive ability is even more worthless. Because we can get into every situation that is safe for us and use to max potential. For example, we don't have to risk our life to do most damage on Kagajibari (actually, we just grenade stun them so hunter can do dmg), while we still can go melee the hell out of range resistance monsters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2007-03-24 10:34 ]</font>

I'd like to agree with you except that I know different. It is no mystery that the high MST scores held by Newman fT and WT's are what make them prime candidates for megid immunity. While the do need a decent, high % armor there are only a few race/class combos that can even shoot for freeze or burn immunity without the need of status/resist units.

Neggy
Mar 26, 2007, 12:47 AM
On 2007-03-25 18:40, Typheros wrote:
I've never understood what the big mystery was surrounding Protransers....their strength lies in that they can do everything, thus they are not going to rival a pure class in any particular stat. They're perfect if you like variety, or just get bored easily with doing one thing over and over again.

It's pretty silly to think that they're going to rival a Fortefighter in terms of raw power. They are, however, going to be far more able to adapt to any given circumstance than a Fortefighter. And THAT'S their strength.

Pretty much. A PT can do a lot of stuff well, but it doesn't do anything really great, outside of using traps.

It's still neat, though. But man oh man, does it ever have a slow start. Hope ya new PTs like Bows!

Schubalts
Mar 26, 2007, 01:59 PM
I've had trouble getting traps to hit more than one enemy that's in the blast radius, with regular and G traps. Does the number of targets depend on class level, or am I just missing something obvious?

lordkaosu
Mar 26, 2007, 03:30 PM
I've looked at the stats for a while, even considered going Protranser. I just can't figure out why. Their stats are a complete joke at level 10. Only 80% atp yet you're expected to melee? You have no weakness, just mediocrity across the board.

Only thing it has going for it is heavy artillery. If you want to use the heavy melee and gunner weapons in one, this is your class. Of course, you won't be as effective as either a figher or gunner...but, it's not all about effectiveness so maybe there was something that drew you to this class. To note, I've played with good Protransers before, I just find the stats to be crappier then they should be.

The trap bonus is hardly worth it. Gunners get all the same traps for damn near the same damage (after seeing both use traps, sorry, that's not a advantage worth bringing up).

Soukosa
Mar 26, 2007, 03:51 PM
Did you see some low level PTs versus higher level gunners since PT trap damage is supposedly 50% more than normal. They should also hurry up and release the damn EX traps already. You can consider those to be the S ranks of PTs and only PTs will be able to use them (though very little is actually known about them).

Hresvelgr
Mar 26, 2007, 05:03 PM
What i dont understand is .. When you make a cross-class like PT you usualy make it excell in an area that other classes dont in the loss of stats

So if we break down PT for a secon..

Semi stats (still less then other classes) especially in terms of ATP & ATA
Only acesses as high as A-rank weaponry

And now the proclaimed *cons*

Higher traps damage then any other class
No one has ever given me any numbers but PT's get a somewhat a "bonus" at critical hits, alltough my PT and FF are both at lv10 and i dont see the difference.

Id rather take in another FF or FG in my party because stunlock can be worked without and traps= meh

SolomonGrundy
Mar 26, 2007, 05:20 PM
I compare Protranser to Figunner, or possibly Guntecker (comparing them to a forte-type class is hardly fair).

And what do we have, statistically?

HP: hmmm...higher than Figunner, impressive
ATP: middle-low. Lower than the 2 other melee classes (WT, FG)
ATA: middle-average. Lower than any gunner class, higher than 2 of the "melee" classes

TAP: irrelevant - can't cast

DFP: Low, not worse than guntecker, but only fortetechers are
EVP: middle-high. Quite useable.
MST: Low, not worse than Figunner, but only fortefighters are

So basically you have a class than can dish it out, but not take it. Great Armor will make this class quite strong indeed, but it faces a rough growth curve, and is an expesive class to maintain (traps AND guns).

And high HP aren't worth a damn without high DFP, or MST, or at least high EVP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-03-26 16:18 ]</font>

Hresvelgr
Mar 26, 2007, 05:32 PM
What SolomonGrundy said.

juno-6
Mar 26, 2007, 06:35 PM
[b]On 2007-03-22 23:36, e13hack wrote

No offense taken, but...having the ability to use a some-what good variaty of weapons comes in handy. my bow does more damage than a fortegunner with Phantom combo. plus it has SE4. stirke weapons may not be all that great for PT do to their ATP but still, an extra 1900 with crowd control can help out. IMO

[/quote]

oh shit, i just played with this guy like yesterday or saturday.....at one point it was me (guntecker) and 2 protransers taking down the S2 crimson beast with ease lol i totally remember thinking about this thread during the mission and being all like wow, so thats what protransers are for......

EDIT: hey grundy, im pretty sure PT's actually have the lowest ATP besides fT. i think its something like GT-ATP 106% / PT-ATP 98% / fT-ATP 87%. btw, i think your right about it being unfair to compare them to Forte's, Figunners are a better comparison, but it seems to me as if FG get the better stats and PT's get the better weapons or somehing....blah...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: juno-6 on 2007-03-26 16:45 ]</font>

RedX
Mar 26, 2007, 07:07 PM
On 2007-03-25 22:47, Neggy wrote:
Hope ya new PTs like Bows!

Or Swords or spears or shotguns or knuckles. Sorry just had to point that out, Bows aren't the end all. In fact i didn't really start to use bows actively, till i got A and was still stuck on low B melee. And now that I've got heavy range I'm only using bow for 1 target large monsters and flying ones.

But anyway, as people said PTs strength is in the choose of weapons. The only thing that i found annoyed me early on was the health, but that solves its self at around PT3, so its not that much of a problem.

About the trap extra damage, as lordkaosu not really noticeable. Until you lay down 5 at a time on a boss. I compared my traps damage to my friends fG's Trap damage and it was about 150 more on a damage trap. Now that isn't much for one trap, but when you add 5 of them that's 750 extra, not that much more but a lot more noticeable. Now if you put 5 damage G traps down on a multi-target enemy, say the Deragon, then you have it hit 5 points that an extra 150 * 5 * 5. Thats a total of 3,750 extra damage. Now that is noticeable.

Last thing is about the critical hit rate, PSUPedia says it 150. I'm not sure if thats true but I notice a difference in how much I critical.

Vay
Mar 26, 2007, 07:13 PM
I think a PT that doesn't make full use of their versatility should be playing another class, seriously. You'd be much happier as something else if you aren't switching roles all the time according to party needs and enemies being fought... Knux, axes, swords, saber/pistol, grenade, bows, cannon... just too many options to lock yourself down to just a few, at least in my opinion. In my e yes, fG is a trapper with ranged specialization, and PT is a trapper that can really mix it up in melee.

Soukosa
Mar 26, 2007, 07:21 PM
On 2007-03-26 15:20, SolomonGrundy wrote:
I compare Protranser to Figunner, or possibly Guntecker (comparing them to a forte-type class is hardly fair).

You can't compare PTs to either of those classes. It's something completely different.

ATA: middle-average. Lower than any gunner class, higher than 2 of the "melee" classes

So basically you have a class than can dish it out, but not take it. Great Armor will make this class quite strong indeed, but it faces a rough growth curve, and is an expesive class to maintain (traps AND guns).

It's been stated by a hardcore PT player already that they can take a beating http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif Also all non force type classes have a 50% mod for MST. It's no differnt than for FiG or FF.

Seems that everyone here that has been beating down upon PTs has never played one. You can't judge a class without spending alot of time with it first! This post really helps to prove that point (on top of the fact that you are clueless about what you're talking about).

Further more Grundy, it's "techer" not "tecker"! It's also TP not TAP. They were never spelled like that and never will be so quit putting it like that!

SolRiver
Mar 26, 2007, 08:53 PM
I think the main point of PT are just not getting into many skulls. Versatility. You can't out damage a PT in a fight against odd (resistance to melee/range/etc). This point had been stress over and over again and are just being ignored.

There are also no mission that PT is not good with. For example, it is really tempting to switch from hunter to ranger while playing demon from above S.

That means I don't have to level 2 job classes to the fullest in order to enjoy every mission in the max efficiency of my character. Unless you get bored and want some tech.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2007-03-26 18:56 ]</font>

juno-6
Mar 26, 2007, 09:30 PM
On 2007-03-26 17:21, Sounomi wrote:

On 2007-03-26 15:20, SolomonGrundy wrote:

You can't compare PTs to either of those classes. It's something completely different.

It's been stated by a hardcore PT player already that they can take a beating http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif Also all non force type classes have a 50% mod for MST. It's no differnt than for FiG or FF.

Seems that everyone here that has been beating down upon PTs has never played one. You can't judge a class without spending alot of time with it first! This post really helps to prove that point (on top of the fact that you are clueless about what you're talking about).

Further more Grundy, it's "techer" not "tecker"! It's also TP not TAP. They were never spelled like that and never will be so quit putting it like that!

Whoa chill out, your missing the point. 1 - Its not fair to compare PT to Forte classes, 2 - who cares how he spells tekker, i thought we were discussing PT and what they bring to a party. OR maybe i should go back and read page 2 cuz' maybe grundy's been acting like an @ss or something but from what i could tell he wasn't bashing PT, and i think for the most part the entire PSU community or at least PSOW anyways, know that PT is a very helpful class to have in party with you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

keep ur' head up kiddo lol....sorry, felt like ranting.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 26, 2007, 09:32 PM

Sounumi>>Grundy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TAP: technique attack power. How dare sega vary from 3 letter abbreviations?! what's next, AP instead of ATP?

And, to disagree, the THREE other classes that require Force have better MST mods than 50% (Fortetecher, Guntecher, and Wartecher). If I have to sit through 5 levels of Force, *and not get to use techs* at LEAST give me some MST. STAT!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-03-26 19:32 ]</font>

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 27, 2007, 12:13 AM
i think it is pretty rough that the PT has to go through 5 levels of force and only has the bow to show for it

Schubalts
Mar 27, 2007, 06:49 AM
Hate force so much...Glad I got it to 5 so I never have to touch it again.

Anyway, I'm guessing the G traps hit multiple enemies/targets, then?

Vay
Mar 27, 2007, 07:17 AM
That's what G's do, and can be set off at a trigger, unlike normal traps which just have time expire and they go off.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 27, 2007, 01:32 PM
off topic: they need to make normal traps better, *AND* reduce the price of G traps. I'm thinking 1/2 off. you cna only hold 5 so going to a player shop to refill isn't really helpful

AC9breaker
Mar 28, 2007, 01:15 AM
On 2007-03-27 04:49, Schubalts wrote:
Hate force so much...Glad I got it to 5 so I never have to touch it again.

Anyway, I'm guessing the G traps hit multiple enemies/targets, then?

Yes, G-Traps have a max of 4 targets. They can also target multiple spots on multiple-target enemies.

As for most of the posts in this thread, you people sure know how to blow things way out of proportion. Some people are making out Protranser as if is where some super holy class thats been blessed by the phallus of Yuji Naka or something. Then others are acting as if its fruitcake that some idiot relative thinks is a good gift to give you during the holidays.

Protranser in not the greatest class, we have only A rank weps, Nice hp and mediocre stats. All we get is a specialization in traps. Not very impressive to say the least. However, I find mediocrity to be the best camoflouge. I personally wouldn't want to see a million protransers running around becuase then I wouldn't have anyone to cast free buffs on me and give me healz. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bored.gif

FluxGryphon
Mar 28, 2007, 01:30 AM
One thing I know about PT:

They are very handy in the last room of Labs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Yay virus on Jarbas! Yay big booms on multiple parts of Polos.

And just so you know where I'm coming from, I've never teamed with a Ranger class that uses traps - at least not like I've seen PTs do. (Except for Binary, 'cause his main is a PT.)

And to the 5 levels of Force with no techs, I sympathize. o.O On the other hand, wouldn't they be overpowered if they could use techs too? Just a thought. (Never underestimate the power of the - BOOM - *frag*)

Genoa
Mar 28, 2007, 01:43 AM
Not an expert with Protranser yet, but for the most part I can say it's been the most fun class out of all the ones i've tried... And i've only not tried Wartecher <_> ... so...

Weapon Variety + Trap Efficiency + High Critical Hit Ratio = a very versatile character.

Not to mention, if people have the guts to play as Protranser long enough, they've obviously heard alot of protranser-bashing and can care less about what people think about it >_>
I'm personally enjoying using Burn Traps on Gol Dolva doing 1348 dmg per burn <_>

Jaden_Korr
Mar 28, 2007, 01:53 AM
I just hit 'transer 20 minutes ago on my alt,but I don't see my overall playstyle changing that much from how it's going now. If my party needs the ranged support I'll lay down fire with my bows,or SE's with my shotguns. If someone needs a bail out of a melee,then in I go with swords and knuckles for the knockback. And tthen if there's anything to really piss off a party(eg. the Gol Dova on Crimson Beast,especially on B for a group of 20 somethings),it's off with the traps I go

SolomonGrundy
Mar 28, 2007, 11:38 AM
I was just saying that I thought the class should be gifted with a lil more MST.

Tengoku
Mar 28, 2007, 12:53 PM
On 2007-03-27 23:53, Jaden_Korr wrote:
I just hit 'transer 20 minutes ago on my alt,but I don't see my overall playstyle changing that much from how it's going now. If my party needs the ranged support I'll lay down fire with my bows,or SE's with my shotguns. If someone needs a bail out of a melee,then in I go with swords and knuckles for the knockback. And tthen if there's anything to really piss off a party(eg. the Gol Dova on Crimson Beast,especially on B for a group of 20 somethings),it's off with the traps I go
From the sound of it, 'transers don't become really awesome-ish until they get a few job levels under their belts. Sounds like the class weeds out the FOM types and those who don't stick things out.

Not too sure about the phallus blessings though. What's with this thread? Protrannys and phallus blessings? Protransers are weird, that much is certain...

AC9breaker
Mar 28, 2007, 05:12 PM
I blame democrats.

Schubalts
Mar 28, 2007, 11:22 PM
Hey now, I have OK MST as a 2 ProTRANNY. That, or I'm just lucky enough to survive 6 Megids to the face.

Tengoku
Mar 30, 2007, 10:16 AM
On 2007-03-28 21:22, Schubalts wrote:
Hey now, I have OK MST as a 2 ProTRANNY. That, or I'm just lucky enough to survive 6 Megids to the face.
That's the only way to survive 6 megids to the noggin: luck. I've taken a whole broadside of Megid before and walked away unharmed, only to die to the random single megid blast in the next room.

Leo AND Megid come from behind, I'm afraid.

Schubalts
Mar 30, 2007, 02:19 PM
On 2007-03-30 08:16, Tengoku wrote:

That is an awkward sentence, involving Leo and all...

Tengoku
Apr 1, 2007, 03:23 PM
Well, it's done. I am now a brand-spankity-new Protranser. Egads, did I have to scrounge for weapons I could use at level 50. Sheesh. I pulled a 1-h B-rank saber my level 13 alt was using just to have a weapon that wasn't a "c" rank. Now I just hve to figure out traps...

On 2007-03-30 12:19, Schubalts wrote:

On 2007-03-30 08:16, Tengoku wrote:

That is an awkward sentence, involving Leo and all...

Leo says it, not me. If we'd had rogues in the game, I could have included them as well.

Allison_W
Apr 1, 2007, 08:53 PM
On 2007-03-25 09:15, Tengoku wrote:

On 2007-03-24 08:30, Schubalts wrote:
We also have to go do B missions at 55, if you just switched to Protranny.
Nope, just curious about the class, although I'm thinking about switching over.

*shiver*

This joke is more jawesome and winburger than my current title, and as such, I am thiefing it. And I am officially tempted to take my avatar Protranser, just because it'd be punny.

Random Person: "So... what do you trannies do?"

Allison-char: "Well, we can pitch in on damage-dealing and crowd control with axes; we can pineapple bosses and spray SEs around like whoah; we ruin with traps..."

Random Person: (I can think of a few things but nothing conclusively catch-your-death-of-laughter. Help me out; most jawesome and winburger joke wins an Internet.)