PDA

View Full Version : Beast Fighgunner optimum equipment

ShinMaruku
Mar 23, 2007, 02:46 PM
Unit's wepaons the whole nine yards.
Elite beasts show me your knowledge.

omegapirate2k
Mar 23, 2007, 03:40 PM
According to what sychosis tells me, you are required to have no less than 15 double sabers on your person at all times.

Jokes aside, try to vary your palette as much as you can, definitely take full advantage of the fighgunners ability to use twin pistols, not to mention using the crossbow and mechgun (both excellent weapons when used appropriately).

You may want to carry burn traps as well when you can afford to use them (IE Labs S2, Crimson beast S2, ect)

ShinMaruku
Mar 23, 2007, 04:05 PM
I wonder what spears are usable they help my beastess quite a bit.

omegapirate2k
Mar 23, 2007, 04:06 PM
A rank spears, but you can always buy an 8* kubara spear and grind it high if you want to use spears, thats what I'm doing with claws and swords.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-03-23 14:07 ]</font>

Shade-
Mar 23, 2007, 06:49 PM
would any experienced FG care to touch on the advantages of crossbows?

origionally, I was going to make a figunner, but when I realized that the 20BA cap means only 2 shots, I changed my mind. Did I make a mistake?

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 23, 2007, 07:20 PM
I, personally, wouldn't mess with them. . . The two way shot isn't useless but it's really not that good either. I'd recommend the mechgun.

XDeviousX
Mar 23, 2007, 08:39 PM
My set up:

2 mightwalkers on my pallet and one in my inventory. My nightwalkers always have gravity dance to cause great damage to mobs without knocking down enemies so my team can get shots/techs/skills to add to the damage love.

I keep either tornado dance or spiral dance on the other nightwalker Usually spiral as it knocks enemies straght down and does stunlock on jabs better then tornado dance. If I want to crush damage on a boss I'll switch to tornado dance at it's warp.

I also put 2 sabers on my pallet, or a saber/dager combo with a handgun and mech gun. I put ice on the handgun because it freezes pretty reliably and the damage isn't too bad for me and I put lighning or dark bullets on the machine gun to either stop physical attacks of mobs (lightning) or to infect bigger enemies quickly, plus the ice/infect combo is mean and useful...

I keep at least 1 twin gun on my pallet at ALL times with eaither burn or dark.

The last spot I keep open for twin saber, or swords, or spears depending on local and and my mood.

I also have poison and flame G traps on my pallet as traps are important on S and S2 esp when you're short handed...

Thats pretty much my set-up that has got me through to lvl 62 fighgunner 10...

Armor:

Trade off between crimson line and sori-senba.

Units: Mega Knight, Mega Wall, and Hp Restore. (Great investment for beasts since I get 18 hp a pop from my hp restore unit.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-03-23 18:41 ]</font>

jayster
Mar 23, 2007, 08:49 PM
Here's my set up, and Im level 70+:

Weapons:
-8* spear(fire)
-8* twin sabers(ice)
-9* twin daggers(ice)
-8* twin daggers(dark)
-8* bone dance (light)
-8* twin handguns
-9* twin handguns
-8* claw(lightning
-8* twin claws(ground)
-7* machine gun

Addition weapons:
-7* laser cannon
-7* grenade launcher
-7* card

Units:
-8* Sori Senba(ice armor)
-Mega/ Power (Solid/Power is better if you can obtain one)
-Mega/ wall (i think that's the name, raises def and evasion)
-Some random MST booster
-Mega stamina wall (for megid, fighgunners get +2 stamina so wear one of these and you're even better protected against megid)
-HP RESTORE DEVICE

And lastly I have my power badge http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Try to get a full range of elemental weapons.

As for Crossbow, It's an okay weapon to wield, the att and acc are higher on it but the shot rate is slower. As a fighgunner you'll only be able to get 20 bullets so your crossbow will end up shooting 2 shots in a Y shape, causing you to have and angle your shots.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-03-23 18:50 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-03-23 18:52 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Mar 23, 2007, 09:34 PM
wait how much guns cvna a FG use? Becuase I know Nariko's power will be very nice so I wanna know how much guns can I riddle them with bullets with?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2007-03-23 19:45 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Mar 23, 2007, 09:36 PM
I'm really going to have to speak in the crossbows defense here, its a great weapon, you just have to know when to use it, if you see 2 enemies spread apart it's fairly easy to angle your shots to hit both of them at the same time, not to mention it's a fantastic close range weapon when you want to hit the enemy AND strafe at the same time.

ShinMaruku
Mar 23, 2007, 10:55 PM
I'm sure they'd help greatly with my newman fighgunner... But for my beastess I think Spears some good units a double saber and the Tenora Sword and a few guns will do fine. Just need to know what guns they have....

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 24, 2007, 11:26 AM
crossbow gets a bad rap only being able to get to 20, but basically, one bullet of the crossbow about equals one bullet of twin handguns. So a level 11+ crossbow and twin handgun are about equal. Therefore using a crossbow is like having a 1 handed twin handgun. They're both SE2, and both hit twice. Seriously the V may "suck," but close range it's great, and as a fighgunner, you'll prolly be in there with the saber/dagger/claw you have linked with the crossbow. Honestly I'm not much of a mechgun guy, because it's best to shoot from behind with those. Though I LOVE mechguns on Jarbas... ice element lvl 20 is amazing against them as a fighgunner.

As for otherwise... I have two great Crea Doubles that I spent a lot of effort getting. An ice and a light one, so they pretty much work as my doubles, one on palette, the other carried. I also carry 3-4 twin handguns, half of which with mayalee hit, the other half with an element, preferably favorable in the area. Then 3-6 twin daggers, 3, one with each PA, up to 6, with two with each PA. A saber, claw, and dagger. One of each. Two crossbow, one mechgun. A few spears, 1 sword(jogiri to poison with tornado break), a fist for high evasion enemies, and a few twin sabers.

Basically I carry at least one of every weapon.

My palette is usually
Double Saber
Twin handgun
Twin dagger
Twin Saber
Crossbow/Dagger
Rotating

They all rotate, but the last slot goes with whatever weapon I feel will be most beneficial. For instance, I have a 9* 50% light claw, so that slot is a crossbow/claw when doing HIVE or LL missions.

Double saber, twin dagger, and twin saber are the fighgunner specialties, so I always have them, and twin handguns is our ranged to the max. Therefore I like to have them all on me. This palette does change dramatically, and people know that if they've played with me. For instance, when going into the last room of Labs, I change it to 4 twin handguns, crossbow/dagger, mechgun/claw.

as for armor, I prefer crimson line(especially if/when I get crimson saber). I don't have a very good arm slot, but rainbow for body, get a high percent. S2 De Ragan barely hurts me... I've killed him in a party with no Forces, staying right next to him the whole time, using one trimate.
And finally, extra slot really varies. Some people like the HP restore, and I use to, but now I find it useless as enemies on S2 typically do so much damage, the slow regen does nothing. I've been using my Black heart alot, especially against Jarbas for the added protection against SE.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-03-24 09:29 ]</font>