PDA

View Full Version : Rare Map/Spawn/Monster help.

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 24, 2007, 07:41 PM
Ok, so as many have i've been hunting for a rare map with those famed rare monsters for a long time now.

It's just, it's just fustrating.

I know that we just hunt around for the map varation and apparently "pray" that it's the rare map. but time after time after time after time I spend hours hours on end trying to get the rare map to no success. Is there SOME trick? something that triggers the rare map varation? something in the possible rare map varation that you do to MAKE it rare? times? Does luck effect the chance of getting the rare map? What do you guys do?

also, Does anyone have raw numbers, or percents to how often the rare map DOES show up?

Let us discuss this, yes we know all the map varations but how, how do we actually get it? aside from starting missions over and over. can it really be all...

Random?!

-excuse all any and all grammatical errors-

Foxix
Mar 24, 2007, 08:13 PM
I have nothing but my idea that it depends on what server you play on, which from what i have experienced it does. But noone believes me, but try playing on server 2 just to be sure. Most people play on that server so the information they give ya should be correct http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

GreenArcher
Mar 24, 2007, 10:37 PM
Heh, I need these answers as well.

After being on my main and hunting Orgdus for a Hard/Power Charge for 6 hours, I gave up
So I log on to my alt, and eventually come across doing Sleeping Warriors B
Whoopdee friggen doo, rappies in B2, Orgdus in B4

>_>

RS
Mar 24, 2007, 11:21 PM
The only way is to keep replaying until you get a good spawn on ANY universe.For some it's easier than others, sometimes it takes two runs other times it could be a hundred runs it's random.I've seen every rappy and jaggo so far and the only thing I've done is to constantly replay the missions. I've ran some 6-8hrs straight til I found a rare spawn, other times It's my first run. and the guides will help you in determing which ones are good or bad runs. Good Luck!

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 25, 2007, 02:01 AM
On 2007-03-24 21:21, RS wrote:
The only way is to keep replaying until you get a good spawn on ANY universe.For some it's easier than others, sometimes it takes two runs other times it could be a hundred runs it's random.I've seen every rappy and jaggo so far and the only thing I've done is to constantly replay the missions. I've ran some 6-8hrs straight til I found a rare spawn, other times It's my first run. and the guides will help you in determing which ones are good or bad runs. Good Luck!

Well i understand the guides, and well i've seen all the varations and all together i've put more than a good 10 hours into it with no luck what so ever. and i only run through maps that can possibly yield rare spawns, and once i figure they won't restart.

rinse
repeat
for like, 3 weeks.

Deus-Irae
Mar 25, 2007, 10:36 AM

thats the attitude!

thats the key to getting rare maps and finding rare monsters. as long as you are reading the maps correctly, you just have to keep at it.

sometimes a bad run of luck will force you to do it for awhile before you find what you are after, but you just have to keep going.

its got nothing to do with P-Luck or what Uni you are on, its all about perserverance.

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 25, 2007, 05:58 PM
On 2007-03-25 08:36, Deus-Irae wrote:

thats the attitude!

thats the key to getting rare maps and finding rare monsters. as long as you are reading the maps correctly, you just have to keep at it.

sometimes a bad run of luck will force you to do it for awhile before you find what you are after, but you just have to keep going.

its got nothing to do with P-Luck or what Uni you are on, its all about perserverance.

-checks his mental dictionary for the word "perserverance"-

o_o;;

"error 404 page not found"

Ugh, i just, i'm just not happy with this new system, rare and such. i would be happier if synth rates were higher... I mean, give A-ranks atleast an 80% chance of success, so warenwasting so much money.. especially if we don't have Haxeta... MEH

Golto
Mar 25, 2007, 07:59 PM
If you are doing Unsafe Pasage I suggest only trying for the a-x and c-x variations. B-x takes all the way to b3 to figure out if it is good or not. You really need some good old random luck. Today in the group I was in today we got 2 rare spawns on UP S2 in about 2 1/2 hours. Within ten minutes of each other.