PDA

View Full Version : what is the best run to get elemental photons?

AliceNChainz
Mar 25, 2007, 11:51 AM
yo

People sell elemental photons at stupid prices so

so what is the best run and on what rank?

thanks

Ed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AliceNChainz on 2007-03-25 09:53 ]</font>

Dhylec
Mar 25, 2007, 12:05 PM
Some say it's Unsafe Passage for speed, but I think all missions drop photons. Just do more & you'd get more.

Though I notice, LL missions don't have a lot of di-photons. Most are photon, ban-, megi-, some zon-, but rarely di-.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-03-25 10:33 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Mar 25, 2007, 12:17 PM
Yeah, they're really easy to find in pretty much any mission, I've never understood why people actually pay so damn much for the things....but I like to run Unsafe Passage to rack them up.

AliceNChainz
Mar 25, 2007, 12:19 PM
should i do it on a higher rank? will i get more photons if its on A than C?

Allison_W
Mar 25, 2007, 12:27 PM
I got a lot of photons when I was doing the Episode II missions, but the problem there is all the cutscenes and crap you have to sit through. (Where's the "SKIP CUTSCENE" button?)

DonRoyale
Mar 25, 2007, 12:29 PM
Your best bet is doing LLC runs. Any higher rank will interrupt your photon flow with much less valuable rares.

Genoa
Mar 25, 2007, 12:38 PM
No offense, but I think actually hunting elemental photons is a joke. You'll find enough as you go along normally. I mean the obsession of progress itself is to common amoung PSU. Instead of trying to level everything, why don't we try hunting?
PSO was more about finding rares than leveling... But it seems to be the exact opposite in PSU due to the player shops.

ashley50
Mar 25, 2007, 02:49 PM
it actually depends on WHAt photns you are looking for...
Gra and Megi Photons are the EASIEST to find
you'll find most elemental photons you need depending on the planet you are IN.

Soukosa
Mar 25, 2007, 05:51 PM
Certain areas will drop certain types of photons from enemies (not entirely with equal chance BTW). Containers will drop any type of photon regardless of area as well. C rank Linear Line is popular for photon hunting since the enemies there die easily and there's plenty of containers to get photons from. Though if you want a particular type of photon it'd generally be best to go to a specific area for it.

Urtri
Mar 26, 2007, 05:34 AM
Rigth Heres my favoirte areas by p[hoton type to hunt for :-

Megi - Linear Line and Figth for Food
Gra - Sleeping Warriors
Ban - Linear Line, Figth for Food
Ray - Same as Megi and Ban but if your lucky try Rainbow Beast (i once found 15 Rays formmonsters and Containers in 1 run)
Zon - Mad Creatures and De Ragan
Di - Appear to Drop anywhere but i seem to get a lot form the first Desert Mission on Moatoob

Hope this helps.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 26, 2007, 06:30 PM
On 2007-03-26 03:34, Urtri wrote:

Gra - Sleeping Warriors
Ray - Same as Megi and Ban but if your lucky try Rainbow Beast (i once found 15 Rays formmonsters and Containers in 1 run)
Di - Appear to Drop anywhere but i seem to get a lot form the first Desert Mission on Moatoob

Hope this helps.

Estern peril has a LOT of ray (cold photons). You should notice that there is a correlation between enemy element and the type of photon they drop as well. it's not 100% but Varha's, for example, are more likely to drop Zon photons.

Golto
Mar 26, 2007, 07:58 PM
The problem with Eastern Peril is that you need 2 people to get at most of the containers that can have photons in them. The first time trial in the rescue hyuga story mission is all lightning monsters so I use that one or Lab Recovery to farm Zon-photons.

RedX
Mar 26, 2007, 08:04 PM
I find LL C is perfectly good. It gives you a good mix of types and enemy die in one hit, so high time efficiency. And @ MegamanX you farm photons because you are poor, or you need to synth something.

GreenArcher
Mar 27, 2007, 12:46 AM
Not to mention during Unsafe Passage C you can level your PM's B stat http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Soukosa
Mar 27, 2007, 05:02 AM
On 2007-03-26 16:30, SolomonGrundy wrote:
You should notice that there is a correlation between enemy element and the type of photon they drop as well. it's not 100% but Varha's, for example, are more likely to drop Zon photons.

There is no correlation. The elements of the photons are set on a per area basis and there can be enemies of a certain element in that area that don't have a corresponding element for that area. Haven't really studied this much but going by the bible for instance, you'll never find a Gra-photon from a Kog Nadd since in the area it spawns, those don't drop from enemies. Also further proof of the lack of correlation is how while I was doing some research runs in Endrum Remanents mission, I ended up with several times more Megi-photons than anything else and there isn't a single dark property enemy there.

FluxGryphon
Mar 27, 2007, 10:33 PM
Can I add to Urtri's list? :3 Additions are based on places I've noticed drop a lot more of that elem photon than the others. Additions in brackets [].

On 2007-03-26 03:34, Urtri wrote:
Rigth Heres my favoirte areas by photon type to hunt for :-

Megi - Linear Line, Fight for Food, [Dark Satellite]
Gra - Sleeping Warriors, [The Holy Ground (generally where Golmoros (http://www.psupedia.info/index.php?title=Golmoro)are)]
Ban - Linear Line, Fight for Food
Ray - Same as Megi and Ban but if you're lucky try Rainbow Beast (I once found 15 Rays from monsters and containers in 1 run)
Di - Appear to Drop anywhere but i seem to get a lot form the first Desert Mission on Moatoob [Agreed, I've gotten a lot of them during Moatoob mish runs. Tunnel Recapture is good for both Di-photons, XP, and MP.]

Hope this helps. [Indeed!]

Overall, my advice is, don't go looking specifically for photons. If you want to make an earth weapon or armor, go for MP/XP on Moatoob. If you want to round up some light photons, go do runs in RELICS areas. Keep an open mind, but try not to worry too much about how many you get - just have fun while coincidently collecting things along the way.

I'll try and see if there are places more specific to Ban, Ray, and Zon photons like there are for Megi, Gra, and Di. (It presents an interesting challenge. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

Hideki_UK
Mar 28, 2007, 04:26 PM
okay so photon are almost extinct in higher s // s2 missions and i was wondering if you guys (fellow PSOers) could help me in the quest to finding out the best places to farm the 6 different photon...

im sure this wil benefit not only me but most other PSOers who havent yet found the best place to farm photon!

Di-Photon :
Gra-Photon : Holy grounds (neudiaz)
Megi-Photon : Hive (colony)
Ray-Photon :
Ban-Photon :
Zon-Photon :
El-Photon :
Im-Photon :

lets see if we can get a list of them all and i will post them on Psupedia.info
cheers!

Dhylec
Mar 28, 2007, 04:27 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=138453&forum=22&17

Hideki_UK
Mar 28, 2007, 04:36 PM
thank you for the link but there it doesnt state where ray phtons are very well :/

Gra - Sleeping Warriors

Kaydin
Mar 28, 2007, 04:39 PM
I've always been under the impression that elemental photons drop most commonly from enemies of that element.

I might be wrong though. I only synth rods. Buying El-photons from NPCs for 200 meseta each FTW.