PDA

View Full Version : What does MST do? Useful for non-forces?

ViciousRappy
Mar 27, 2007, 10:50 AM
Am I right and assuming MST is a players resistance to techs? Or is the Head slot on armor compleatly useless to non force characters?

Dhylec
Mar 27, 2007, 11:24 AM
If it can help it's not totally useless, just that the boost is (too) small to be really that helpful. No?

ViciousRappy
Mar 27, 2007, 11:29 AM
Well, if you have an open head slot I'm thinking one of these items might be worth using if theyre cheap:

C Sta / Mind MST +30 Y. Shop 6k
B Te / Mind S -90TP +50MST
A Sori / Mind +75 MST

Magician
Mar 27, 2007, 01:01 PM
Correct, MST determines the damage you take from techs being used on you.

Head slot, useless? Never. A unit with an MST boost will reduce the damage you take from incoming spells. I'm not sure if the stat works the same as DFP, but if it does then that means 1 point of damage reduced for every 2 points in MST/DFP gained. I say this because ever since I've equiped the Tero / Guard for my hunter, my melee damage has been reduced by 20-25 points per attack.

The character you're playing should help you choose which unit to use. Force, your MST should be so crazy that you do not need a MST boost but a TP boost instead (Sori/Force). Hunter, you crave MST, the more the better (Te/Mind S). Ranger, same as hunter.

Sharkyland
Mar 27, 2007, 01:21 PM
- How many Galozaron's fireballs can you withstand?
- How many Olghomon's barta's can you withstand?

SolomonGrundy
Mar 27, 2007, 01:22 PM
really really usefull on a wartecher - especially one who does not plan on casting offensive spells. Same thing goes for a Guntecher. not really needed for a fortetecher, as has already been stated.

For Figunners, Protransers, fortefighter, and Fortegunners, it's a help. It won't give you any kind of immunity, but it can take the edge off magical damage. Looking at the B rank unit, it is going to double the MST of beasts, casts, and almost double human's MST.

I would use the A rank unit in areas where magic immunity it critical (linear line, the hive, etc).