PDA

View Full Version : Going solo in offline c-mode!

TeamPhalanx
Dec 7, 2002, 09:08 PM
Well, it's possible. It wasn't easy, and I'll probably never do it again, but I must say it was a lot of fun; it's quite possibly the most challenging task in all of PSO (close one would be getting SS rank in TTF, solo, as a legit - I only managed to do that once)

Total time was just under 12 hours, good enough to get the God Shields. Characters used were a HUcaseal aka Goddess of c-mode and a HUnewearl aka medic. Failed once in Challenge 6 (Vol Opt) longest time for a single challenge was also Challenge 6 at around 100 minutes.

Note: I heard that the shortcut in C7 was still possible - I spent a few minutes trying, but couldn't manage it. Also, at least offline, the enemy layout seem to be completely random.

Anyway, there's my one and only tribute to ambidexterity.

Blue-Hawk
Dec 7, 2002, 09:23 PM
how did ya manage to accomplish that?

TeamPhalanx
Dec 7, 2002, 09:27 PM
Two controller and a lot of previous c-mode experience...

Boss battles aren't fun when you're trying to avoid its attack with two different characters http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

rarr
Dec 7, 2002, 09:57 PM
haha, I tried to do C1 like that and the dragon pwned my second character that was just standing there...;.;

Deus-Irae
Dec 7, 2002, 10:31 PM
WOW! i am impressed!

i was thinking of doing this myself for extra C practice, the god shields, and to see if it was even possible...its just seemed too difficult!

prob not worth the effort/frustration.

im glad its do-able though. Congrats!