PDA

View Full Version : Change is Inevitable

Orange_Coconut
Mar 28, 2007, 01:35 AM
Deal with it, or suffer greatly by trying to hang on to the past.

You think you can re-live the glory days? Go back to when things in certain areas of your life were perfect? No, why the hell would you need to? Things change and you can't control that fact, people change and you can't control that fact. Are you going to remain the same? Never, not after they changed. Do you think you've changed for the better? Well, I bet you sure as hell hope so. You will change, I will change, we will all change in one way or another. Sometimes we won't even notice the shift, but others will. Just as we notice when those around us change, whether it pleases us or disgusts us.

Not that one should be afraid of change, good things can come from it. But some people notice the bad things that happen more than the good.

Disillusioned? Oh that happens every now and again, get back on track and hop on the band-wagon with everyone else. It sucks to be left behind.

Solstis
Mar 28, 2007, 03:34 AM
To assume that one can change assumes that one is a subject-whole. I assume that I am a fragment (which I thought before reading Barthes, thankyouverymuch), and to say that I changed is to assume that I was any one cohesive thing at any one point in time.

As far as I am concerned, the puzzle shifts, the pieces are disturbed, reformed in some crazy patchwork that cannot be defined, illuminated, or revealed.

I define myself as the undefinable. Which makes me feel depressed (ohgodIamnotaspecialsnowflake) and special (ohgodnowIfeelsosmart) at the same time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2007-03-28 01:36 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Mar 28, 2007, 05:04 AM
how old r u lol

Daikarin
Mar 28, 2007, 05:22 AM
I agree.

"He who lives in the past is a museum".

Orange_Coconut
Mar 28, 2007, 05:38 AM
Well true, when I mentioned in one way or another it's aspects of ourselves that end up changing. Because nothing is truly constant when opinions and feelings shift around so much. It's just rather odd how volatile these parts of us can be, how we can be so easily persuaded yet unaware of the persuasion at the same time. Though, not all parts of us are easily come and gone. Even those aspects sometimes get twisted a bit into something similar to that which it originally was, but with different views having prodded the mind a bit about the issue.

Not everything is taken in, but it's pretty interesting what one can pick up on after changing environments and such. I don't really know why I put this is rants, I guess it ended up coming out a bit negative due to the way I worded it. It's good to reflect on things, I feel. Perhaps I was thinking more along the lines of how the responses to this might be. Maybe we'll find out if this becomes more of a discussion.

Perhaps I do not fully understand your view on how you see yourself. But your response did strike an interest in what you were describing, Solstis. If you could elaborate it would be fun to muse about these concepts.

Sometimes you come to a conclusion that neither person necessarily started with, which can be entertaining. Being able to talk about random things; whether it's a serious issue, what your perfect day would be like or even just how beautiful the scenery from your bedroom window -- each mind has a world within it ready to be explored. I wonder how many people would risk taking that journey into theirs just to understand how their recent thought processes came to be.

omegapirate2k
Mar 28, 2007, 08:29 AM
Actually this rings true with alot of things I've learned in leadership, to be a good leader, one of the things your going to have to do is learn to ADAPT to change.

And sorry to put humour into a serious thread, I just thought of this the second I saw this thread.

http://teamamericainevitable.ytmnd.com/

Mystil
Mar 28, 2007, 08:35 AM
Change and reverting back to the old ways is inevitable.

Firocket1690
Mar 28, 2007, 10:19 PM
Sure, it's inevitable. Doesn't mean people are going to like it. Basic Darwinism, conform or be eliminated.