PDA

View Full Version : PP cost?

DurakkenX
Mar 28, 2007, 05:53 PM
I've been trying to figure out the cost of PP the last couple hours and while it is a pretty easy thing it's not too easy to figure out with limited data...anyways if you all could post up your PP and mst amounts per weapon so we can figure this out i'd appreciate it ^.^

how to post numbers

-##PP = the amount of PP that is off that weapon
#* = the star level of the weapon
##mst = the amount of mst it costs to replenish that weapon.

So far what I have figured out is that PP cost is rounded up so that if it's a variable of say 4 and you have spent 9PP instead of 2 it costs 3.

Also before the the certain variables start in there is at times, at least for the early star lvls a number of free PP.

Another thing I have seen is that Bullets seem to cost less, but i have only mapped a few PP amounts for them.

so far what i have figured out.
the numbers that are in ( ) are free PP given before the division starts

saber
1* =
2* =
3* =
4* = 8PP(+2or3)=1mst
5* = 5PP=1mst
6* = 4PP=1mst
7* =
8* =
9* = 2PP=1mst

heres the actual data for sabers and please correct my stupidity if you see it ^.^

4*=1

4*=2

4*=2

4*=2

-15pp
2*=1
4*=2
5*=3
6*=4
9*=7

4*=2

2*=1
4*=3

9*=9

2*=1
5*=5
9*=11

2*=2
4*=4
5*=6
6*=7
9*=13

2*=2
4*=5
5*=7
6*=8
9*=15

DikkyRay
Mar 28, 2007, 05:55 PM
er.... wha?
I think psupedia has this info..... not to sure though.

DurakkenX
Mar 28, 2007, 05:58 PM
On 2007-03-28 15:55, DikkyRay wrote:
er.... wha?
I think psupedia has this info..... not to sure though.

not that i can see anywhere.

DikkyRay
Mar 28, 2007, 06:01 PM
well as i said not sure lol.
Anyway ill try to help, but kinda confused on what to do

DurakkenX
Mar 28, 2007, 06:07 PM
just say what the star lvl of the weapon is, the number of PP that is used, and the amount of mst to that is needed to fill, per weapon... you just have to fill your weapons seperately rather than all at once.

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 28, 2007, 06:09 PM
I can say this for sure. Despite what Forces and Rangers complain about PP refill (especially forces) the cost per PP of a hunter is more. 100 PP for a hunter costs more than 100 PP for a force/ranger.

THE JACKEL

Schubalts
Mar 28, 2007, 11:26 PM
No offense, but...you had a lot of free time lately, didn't you?

Itsuki
Mar 28, 2007, 11:48 PM
On 2007-03-28 16:09, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I can say this for sure. Despite what Forces and Rangers complain about PP refill (especially forces) the cost per PP of a hunter is more. 100 PP for a hunter costs more than 100 PP for a force/ranger.

THE JACKEL

But hunters don't NEED pp to attack. They CHOOSE to spam PAs and REFUSE to use normal attacks.

As a side note, its true, rangers spend the least meseta per pp.

And wasn't this information in the bible? Or atleast some of the mods for it?

DurakkenX
Mar 28, 2007, 11:54 PM
On 2007-03-28 21:26, Schubalts wrote:
No offense, but...you had a lot of free time lately, didn't you?

i always have free time even though i have to write 3 papers that are over 5 pages long in the next month >.>

I dunno itsuki... i've never seen the bible...err the PSU bible ^.^ I know everywhere i've looked doesn't have it.

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 29, 2007, 12:57 AM
On 2007-03-28 21:48, Itsuki-chan wrote:

On 2007-03-28 16:09, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

But hunters don't NEED pp to attack. They CHOOSE to spam PAs and REFUSE to use normal attacks.

As a side note, its true, rangers spend the least meseta per pp.

And wasn't this information in the bible? Or atleast some of the mods for it?

hmm let's be honest. With the amount of meseta earned from high level missions, and the amount of health enemies have... plus the number of weapons most hunters have... it only makes sense to Spam PAs. It does the most damage, and there is no good reason not to do so.

the only time I don't spam is with crea doubles because the normal attack can hit 5 enemies, which ends up being more damage per hit than a PA that can hit 2 enemies. Most other times, especially with normal 1 hit weapons(like twin daggers) there is no reason not to use the PA

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-03-28 22:58 ]</font>

A2K
Mar 29, 2007, 01:40 AM
On 2007-03-28 22:57, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
hmm let's be honest. With the amount of meseta earned from high level missions, and the amount of health enemies have... plus the number of weapons most hunters have... it only makes sense to Spam PAs. It does the most damage, and there is no good reason not to do so.

the only time I don't spam is with crea doubles because the normal attack can hit 5 enemies, which ends up being more damage per hit than a PA that can hit 2 enemies. Most other times, especially with normal 1 hit weapons(like twin daggers) there is no reason not to use the PA

THE JACKEL

I never really put a whole lot of thought into it, but some food for thought: how about when you can see an attack coming? One of three things happens when you get hit while you're attacking:

1. You flinch a little but your attack still connects.
2. You evade with your line shield, wasting PP if it was a skill art attack.
3. You get thrown across the room, frozen, or otherwise disabled, also wasting PP if it was a skill art attack.

I think the intention with the relatively limited PP (in comparison to other weapons) and the ability to use normal attacks was to use regular attacks when attacking head-on, and skills when the enemy was vulnerable and you were unlikely to be stopped in your tracks--although most seem to just prefer to have as low EVP as possible instead.

Whether or not this actually works as intended is a matter of debate, really. Just something to ponder, though.