PDA

View Full Version : Set in order?

amtalx
Mar 29, 2007, 09:56 AM
Has anyone figured out ST's interpretation of "Set in order"? Its fairly obvious that its not as simple as it sounds. I've heard lots of theories about what actually happens. Everything from the "destiny" rule to the list getting randomly generated every time someone changes blocks or returns to the base.

Anyone have any ideas they think are right? or better yet, anyone have something conclusive?

Dhylec
Mar 29, 2007, 10:09 AM
Though it's not entirely clear, there is a good theory on it here:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=132035&forum=22&16

Guarionex
Mar 29, 2007, 10:41 AM
So it's still considered a theory?
Basically, what it says is that the rare's owner is not determined when you pick the item, but as soon as it drops/appears.
It made a lot of sense to me. Specially since I was in a two player party, and the first 4 rares we took went to me. People nowdays don't pick kerselines.

amtalx
Mar 29, 2007, 11:34 AM
Now that I see this I'll probably end up picking everything up. That argument sounded pretty convincing. Although I'll have to explain myself every time I pick up a "crap" rare....ugh.

Natasha_M
Mar 30, 2007, 09:24 PM
Dhylecs link pretty much explains it. There are many people who will not like how it works and complain it is broken just because they own 999 mil haxeta and kerseline/vestaline is nothing to them. In other words they only care what they are getting for themselves. Yet it really gives no one a chance as equals just because player 4 gets say a goldania when you picked it up its not like he played god to control it that way. I do think sega should make set in order the real set in order way without randomising the order every new round. Usually the max rares you can get consecutively is 2 unless the other factors effect it like going out to lobby for a pp recharge , dc or items were fulled up 60/60. Sure there will always be crap rares if not you get it then someone else will, someone will always get screwed by a crap rare remember that.

On random you can truely get screwed by ending up with nothing while one person gets it all.

and on give finder... well that makes everyone fighting for the items instead of prioritising on the fight. So it gets ugly especailly with random players in a group.

Who knows maybe the PSU expansion will change everything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Natasha_M on 2007-03-30 19:26 ]</font>

Golto
Mar 30, 2007, 09:59 PM
Yes it would be nice if you could set the lower star # limit to be considered in the 'rare' item setting.