PDA

View Full Version : Insert Myspace

kevlar_pso
Mar 29, 2007, 05:12 PM
You can put your AIM and email info on your account, why not be able to put your myspace info? I check my myspace every day or every other day. It is a "place for friends", I would like to have more PSO players on my friends list there. I have a PSO group I run also.

Tomeeboy
Mar 29, 2007, 05:22 PM
MySpace is a bit different than AIM or email, as it's more of a community/social site than a form of communication. However, you could always use the "Home Page" field in your profile to link to your MySpace page.

I don't think we will be adding any fields specifically for MySpace information, as there are many other social networking sites that people use as well (Facebook, Xanga, ect.). Seeing as how this is also kind of a community and social networking site (for Phantasy Star fans), there would probably be some coflict of interest there as well.

DikkyRay
Mar 29, 2007, 05:25 PM
AYe, and imo, that is more personal.
Think about it, AIM And INfo dont give away age, location, etc.
If people want to give that out, im sure you can create a thread in Off-Topic
OR
Make a sig promoting your myspace,im positive thats not against the rules

Tomeeboy
Mar 29, 2007, 05:28 PM
Correct, you could always put it in your signature as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Personally, I think that kind of information is probably best kept somewhat private, shared only with friends on the site or in the game. As you mentioned, it's a bit more personal than an AIM name or basic contact info, since a lot of people often have much of their life posted on MySpace for everyone to see.

Genoa
Mar 29, 2007, 05:31 PM
What about Skype =0 ? Not sure if I should be changing the subject, but I didn't want to make a new thread on an issue that's very similar to this.

Many people are using Skype now, it's quite popular... I think alot of PSOWers use it but just don't know who else around here has one.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 29, 2007, 07:41 PM
I agree, X. Skype probably does, in fact, have a place in the list now.

Tangentially, does anyone actually use ICQ, anymore?

DikkyRay
Mar 29, 2007, 07:49 PM
On 2007-03-29 17:41, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
I agree, X. Skype probably does, in fact, have a place in the list now.

Tangentially, does anyone actually use ICQ, anymore?

No idea what the hell either of them are http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 30, 2007, 12:19 AM
Skype is a popular voice chat client, and ICQ is one of the earliest Messenger clients.

Sychosis
Mar 30, 2007, 08:21 PM
I know of no one who uses ICQ anymore.

Then again, I know of no one who uses Skype either :/