PDA

View Full Version : Well this just sucks.....

Mistle22
Mar 29, 2007, 09:10 PM
Well, while moving my 360 from room to room, i forgot that I had left my PSU disc inside. As many of you should know, the 360 shouldn't be moved with a game inside.
I start to play, everything seems to be working fine. Well, for about an hour at least. I am playing online and my game just freezes. I thought it was just a server issue, and not the game itself. I try reloading the game again, no luck.
I take the disc out and have a look. Theres a crack coming from the hole in the middle to about half way to the end of the disc. I am screwed, I can't play :/
And to top things off, today is the first day of my school holidays...

So my question is, is there anyway to fix this problem? Can I send the disc in anywhere and get a replacment? If not I guess i'll have to bust some more money on another disc, but I really can't afford that at the moment.

Sekani
Mar 29, 2007, 09:20 PM
Option 1: Try using a Disc Doctor or similar device to repair the disc.

Option 2: ebay.

CelestialBlade
Mar 29, 2007, 09:23 PM
You *move* a 360 and it destroys your game? What kind of shoddy console design is that? God, I remember having my SuperNES plummet to the ground and the entire thing still worked. Sad, really....

Well, terribly sorry about your incident. I'd say the disc itself is FUBAR, but a return might be feasable. Where did you buy it from? Look into their returns policy and see what you can do. Best of luck.

youthisoverrated
Mar 29, 2007, 09:24 PM
amazon is so much better than ebay. where i got mine for like 20 bucks from a seller. just try and find the cheapest and closest to your location

Deus-Irae
Mar 29, 2007, 09:28 PM
On 2007-03-29 19:23, Typheros wrote:
You *move* a 360 and it destroys your game? What kind of shoddy console design is that? God, I remember having my SuperNES plummet to the ground and the entire thing still worked. Sad, really....

a bit off topic (sorry), but i was playing Zelda TP the other day and my dog stepped on the cord and slammed the whole thing onto the ground from a bit over 2' up.

not only was nothing even remotely damaged, but the game didnt even freeze or reset. i just put the cube back on the table and contuined playing.

brilliant little system. (this is a launch day cube too. thousands of hours of use on it.)

Sekani
Mar 29, 2007, 09:29 PM

Psh, that's nothing. I once threw a Game Boy Advance out of a helicopter into the ocean where it got ate by a shark. When the shark died from bird flu the next day, we dug the GBA out of the shark's innards and turned it on. IT STILL WORKED!!1!!

burning_card
Mar 29, 2007, 09:35 PM
On 2007-03-29 19:29, Sekani wrote:

Psh, that's nothing. I once threw a Game Boy Advance out of a helicopter into the ocean where it got ate by a shark. When the shark died from bird flu the next day, we dug the GBA out of the shark's innards and turned it on. IT STILL WORKED!!1!!

lol!

On the topic though, that kind of sucks. I did that with my copy of elder scrolls (i've had al ot of systems, actually ALL of them in my life...i've always been able to move the system a little bit while playing it...i scooted my 360 over just a bit one day and it had elder scrolls oblivion in it. The game worked for a month or so afterwards but it started skipping. I got freaked because i thought it was the system...turns out i look at the disk and it's cracked down the middle on one side, just like yours...i love the 360 but this sucks big time.)

They need a big warning label on the box, bod red letters that says never move system in any way.

Sekani
Mar 29, 2007, 09:40 PM
Seriously though, it should be common knowledge not to move any kind of CD/DVD drive with a disc still in it, since it can be scratched up. This goes for DVD players, PCs, video game consoles, all of that.

Unless it's made by Nintendo. Then you can probably drop kick the thing out of a fourth-floor window and not have to worry.

Golto
Mar 29, 2007, 09:41 PM
Well if worse comes to worse they have reduced the price to $17.99 haven't they?

Kent
Mar 29, 2007, 09:52 PM
I've never had any problems with moving my 360 while there was a game inside.

Changing the system's orientation while it's running, though, is just asking for trouble (and completely idiotic).

...I seriously doubt your game got damaged simply by moving the system with a game inside, unless it was turned on at the time. :/

burning_card
Mar 29, 2007, 10:04 PM
On 2007-03-29 19:40, Sekani wrote:
Seriously though, it should be common knowledge not to move any kind of CD/DVD drive with a disc still in it, since it can be scratched up. This goes for DVD players, PCs, video game consoles, all of that.

Unless it's made by Nintendo. Then you can probably drop kick the thing out of a fourth-floor window and not have to worry.

Yeah but the 360 needs to move faster from what i see. Moving it while the disk is in and it's running pretty much destroys the disk. It kind of sucks but that's the price you get for having the kind of power the 360 has.
Early today my dog flipped my GCN upside down while i was playing PSO and the thing didn't skip, stop, damage the disk, nothing happened. Nintendo is cool...so is microsoft, they just need to have set a safer method of holding the disk while in play. (Mine broke when i moved it back so it didn't fall off the table, seems like you can't move the thing at all...i would understand putting it in an angle, but moving it...geesh.)

Anyone that's experianced the problem should be greatful though...you should be lucky the disk didn't break apart inside the system!

VanHalen
Mar 29, 2007, 10:08 PM

Did you know in Nintendo World in Manhatthan they have a Game Boy that got blown up in a U.S. army base during the Gulf War? They have it on display because when you turn it on.....it still works!

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 29, 2007, 10:42 PM
Nintendo = Best dang game system builders of the eons of time!!!, their crap is as durable as a steel cube.

Sony... bleh... they suck... PSO has more graphics at once then PSU, and had more focused enemy attack patterns, and yet... Sony's PS2 can't handle shyt, while Nintendo's wee little Gamecube using disk that are 1/4 the size of the Sony's disk can run without so much as a scetch of graphical slowdown...

Xbox, sure it's the best at graphics, best at online, best at gameplay, but... the thing is... it's more fragile then a butter stick... one false move... poof, buhbai Xbox...

-Shimarisu-
Mar 29, 2007, 10:43 PM
IN B4 360 SUX O W8

PJ
Mar 29, 2007, 10:50 PM
On 2007-03-29 20:43, -Shimarisu- wrote:
IN B4 360 SUX O W8

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Why did you even bother coming back to PSOW again? For serious.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 29, 2007, 10:55 PM
Lay off Shimarisu; she served her time.

Do games still come with the old 90-day Limited Warrantee? Mistle, if you bought the game within the last 3 months, you should look into that.

-Shimarisu-
Mar 29, 2007, 10:55 PM
The punchline is I don't even like the 360 and only have 2 games for it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lman90245
Mar 29, 2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah, this has happened to me as well... I freeze on the new online story mission, Fight for food missions, and randomly lock up in player shops, but everything else seems to be fine. BTW my disc has a smooth circular white mark going around some of the data kinda like someone took a shiney version of white-out to the outer edge of the disc...

-Shimarisu-
Mar 29, 2007, 10:57 PM
I'd give you my copy (once I've had it fixed, as my 360 grinded a ring into it) but it is all in Japanese.

Mattardo
Mar 29, 2007, 10:59 PM
Ha! You wanna hear about "tough"? I once bought a third party extension cable for my Dreamcast and plugged it in. ZAP! Whole controller port array fried in one second! Now THAT"s tough! And then, the modem died, like twice! And...then....they gave up on the system! Dreamcast: oh, I loved your games (mostly) but you sure were crappily made and supported. I see a trend with Sega releasing shitty products. Better go make sure nobody's hacked my common item box!

Lman90245
Mar 29, 2007, 11:01 PM
On 2007-03-29 20:59, Mattardo wrote:
Ha! You wanna hear about "tough"? I once bought a third party extension cable for my Dreamcast and plugged it in. ZAP! Whole controller port array fried in one second! Now THAT"s tough! And then, the modem died, like twice! And...then....they gave up on the system! Dreamcast: oh, I loved your games (mostly) but you sure were crappily made and supported. I see a trend with Sega releasing shitty products. Better go make sure nobody's hacked my common item box!

Sad story I still have my dreamcast and all the wonderfull Snes/Sega emulators/roms for it... Dreamsnes FTW!

DizzyDi
Mar 29, 2007, 11:18 PM

Thats chump stuff.
I was muthafucking street racing and did a dramatic flip off a ramp and landed on the roof of the car. Gas started leaking and there was a fire nearby so I had to exit, but I left my beloved PSP behind.
The car blew up and the PSP flew into the air.
It hit an owl and killed the darn thing and THUMPED to the ground.
AND IT STILL WORKS!

Obscenity
Mar 29, 2007, 11:44 PM
On 2007-03-29 20:42, Garanz-Baranz wrote:
Nintendo = Best dang game system builders of the eons of time!!!, their crap is as durable as a steel cube.

Apparently you never owned a front-loading NES.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 29, 2007, 11:50 PM
On 2007-03-29 19:41, Golto wrote:
Well if worse comes to worse they have reduced the price to $17.99 haven't they?

That was a one day amazon super deal or something, like when I saw the latest DS Castlevania for $21 there last week or so.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 30, 2007, 12:15 AM
On 2007-03-29 21:44, Obscenity wrote:
Apparently you never owned a front-loading NES.

Those things were able to take a surprising amount of abuse. I have two that are both missing the flap in the front, and both still work, despite my brother, my friends and I all pounding on them with the vague idea that it would make them work better when they glitched. The original controllers were also the most solid controllers I have ever seen, even to this day. I don't think there's ever been a sturdier controller design.