PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Not So Hard?

Kayumi
Dec 8, 2002, 12:00 PM
I was playing through Ultimate last night, and a friend on IRC commented that I was "brave" to be facing Dal Ra Lie at level 80.

Aside from the Ob Lillies, though, and the Sil Dragon, nothing in Ultimate has really given me all that much trouble. I died only once against Dal Ra Lie, and that was due to stupidity on my part.

It did take half an hour to kill him, though.

So the question is, is Ultimate easier than it was on Version 2, is my IRC friend too conservative, or did I do something impressive?

Khaotika
Dec 8, 2002, 12:11 PM
On 2002-12-08 09:00, Kayumi wrote:
I was playing through Ultimate last night, and a friend on IRC commented that I was "brave" to be facing Dal Ra Lie at level 80.

Aside from the Ob Lillies, though, and the Sil Dragon, nothing in Ultimate has really given me all that much trouble. I died only once against Dal Ra Lie, and that was due to stupidity on my part.

It did take half an hour to kill him, though.

So the question is, is Ultimate easier than it was on Version 2, is my IRC friend too conservative, or did I do something impressive?

You didn't play v2 did you? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Let's just say that almost all Version 1 weapons had little to no effect on Ultimate mode monsters. That, and tech resistance was much higher for each. Oh, and let's not forget how long it took to level, and how unbalanced all the classes were in comparison to Ulti mode. Version 2 rares were also pretty scarce...even more scarce were rares with % that did GOOD damage..

I suppose, if your friend hadn't experienced GC PSO, but had experienced v2 PSO, it would sound impressive. XD Still, congrats on the Da Ral kill at lv 80. ^_^v

-Khao

Kayumi
Dec 8, 2002, 12:15 PM
I'm using a RAmarl with a highish dex mag, a max-ground Bravace, and never without Shifta and Deband...and on Dal Ra Lie, I had to have Jellen and Zalure on him at all times to damage him. But he still died.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 8, 2002, 12:29 PM
It is impressive that you progressed so far at only level 80 - I don't plan on beatin it until at least lv 100 at the earliest. (I know I can earlier, but I don't like being in areas where I'm totally outclassed - Even when I was level 111, I didn't even try the Cave boss) Generally, I don't play in an area unless I can finish off the enemies at a reasonably fast rate.

Also, I'm assuming that you were offline. If you want a challenge, go online and join an Episode II ultimate team - almost everything there will 1 hit kill you.

Kayumi
Dec 8, 2002, 12:36 PM
Can't go online. Don't have an adaptor, and can't afford one (or an HL) for the near future.

Blenjar
Dec 8, 2002, 12:44 PM
On 2002-12-08 09:36, Kayumi wrote:
Can't go online. Don't have an adaptor, and can't afford one (or an HL) for the near future.

Interresting Kayumi, im stuck offline 2, Im on vhard with a hucast oran lv 58, well could you plz give me hint to kill darky [ didn't meet him yet ], is he hard? im using a flowen swords+10 and a blade dance+20, and with a gun. When he brings his little spinning things on ground, I use flowen to hit head with little things, and his third form, when I can't reach him I use a Gun [ forgot name ] to shot him, 68 damage. well it better than walking around when his not close to me.

since I surpassed my first character which is ramar redria lv 45, I just don't want to waste my time lv him up, when I get online it'll be easier. I just wanna work my hucast offline for now.

Kayumi
Dec 8, 2002, 12:51 PM
Falz isn't really all that much harder, if I remember. He's got more hitpoints than he did before, but there's nothing new between Hard and Very Hard. The main point that nearly did me in was when you have to take out those little buggers at the beginning, you can only target specific ones at any given time. I'm used to taking a Shot type in with me to clear that quick, but that wasn't effective. I found myself switching to something that did more damage and taking them out one at a time.

After that, the first form was a joke, and the second and third weren't really any harder than they were on Hard, just longer.

Anyway...I'm currently taking my RAmar through the mines. Going to see if I can't take down Vol Opt version 2 with only the levels I gain by a single mine run.

MonTy
Dec 8, 2002, 02:04 PM
Hail all,

I just had one amazing moment in PSO. I was lvl 64 HUcast and went up against Dark Falz on Very Hard (offline). I had 4 scape dolls, 10 di+trimates, 10 star atomizers. The battle ended with me at 122 health and no scape dolls and no healing items at all. What a rush. For anyone who wants some in-depth tips against Dark Falz final form, read below.

It's highly recommended you have a gun with high damage and ~40% dark and any hit% percentage. If you can't find one, pipe and go to the shop untill you see a decent gun. Also recommended is a high damage dagger or sword, anything relatively quick. Also -needed- is a 4 armor slot, and 4 resist saint (10 resistance to light attacks)

Beginning is his easy easy part, so make sure not to mess up on anything. I found a way to dodge his sword swipes before he targets you with his damage relocator spell (when you hit him, it actually hurts you)

Ok, now for battle tactics:

Have your gun out first, and get close to him so you can target him without trouble. Try to time when he is about to come out of his invulnerable stage, so as you shoot he returns back to normal (trust me, any extra hits adds up) Now, a very important part is to get ready to switch to your melee weapons IF he comes close to you. This is where you'll get most of your damage on him. It's extremely effecient and important if you change to a melee weapon when he gets near you.

Now, on how to dodge his sword attacks. He should swing a second or two after he casts his grants, so get to the outer edge of the ring when he is about to cast a grant. It will hit you, and then move a slight bit along the edge, his sword attack will miss you if you time your movement right( takes awhile, but I got it to miss every time) Rinse and repeat steps above untill he casts his damage relocator spell on you. This is the brutal part. This is when you have to play perfect. It will be 10x harder to dodge his sword swipes, but his health is also getting low. You won't beable to get many hits in, so if he does get close to you- it's imperative you hit him with your melee weapon (I personally used a double hand sword- got in about 600-1000 damage in if he came close to me) If he doesn't get close to you, just try and get in as many hits as possible with your gun. Following those steps should get you closer to beat him, if your pretty low leveld as I was.

Sil Dragon was WAY too easy, it was just finding his patterns and making sure you don't get hit at all with his feet.

The regular monsters in groups on ultimate are rough for me. Hit extremely fast and take a beating. Luckily my andriod's mines save me.

A question about Ep.2: Are the monsters changed in the jungle,seabed,etc.. also? I can't imagine how hard it is, and the last boss?

Zae
Dec 8, 2002, 04:00 PM
I hit level 200 oh yeah i could so kick your As$

LOL
JK I could hardly kill a moth thing in the forest on ultimate they kill me in a hit some times but my mushai +42 IS really good for taking them down as long as anether doesnt come then im in deep s

Kayumi
Dec 8, 2002, 04:16 PM
I take it back. Ultimate is HARD. I'm in the Mines. Still. Haven't stopped. I'm sick of Sinow Red. I'm not going to rest until Vol Opt 2 is destroyed...or destroys me.

I'm at level 83, now, though.

BrokenHope
Dec 8, 2002, 04:39 PM
On 2002-12-08 09:29, TeamPhalanx wrote:
It is impressive that you progressed so far at only level 80 - I don't plan on beatin it until at least lv 100 at the earliest. (I know I can earlier, but I don't like being in areas where I'm totally outclassed - Even when I was level 111, I didn't even try the Cave boss) Generally, I don't play in an area unless I can finish off the enemies at a reasonably fast rate.

Also, I'm assuming that you were offline. If you want a challenge, go online and join an Episode II ultimate team - almost everything there will 1 hit kill you.

You may be waiting a little too long to progress, i manged to be in ult mode at level 53, beat ult falz at level 114 and ult olga flow at level 116 offline of course.

Kayumi
Dec 8, 2002, 04:48 PM
Well, I'm at the Mines boss teleporter. After what, five hours of suffering through.

Time to push my luck.

Kayumi
Dec 8, 2002, 05:10 PM
Nope. Not ready yet.

Mostly 'cause I ran out of scape dolls. Only had two left.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 8, 2002, 05:27 PM
I do realize that I'm behind the pace that most people go at... but, that's offline. Right now, I'm at level 78, but I don't plan on playing offline ultimate mode until I'm 90 +. Online, I'll join an Ultimate team as soon as I finish raising my Mind Mag - Mainly, so I can be of some use to the team.

The first Ultimate level team I joined on GC PSO was an Episode II team; the team was at the seaside stage. It's funny, a level 130 HUcast was leading the way, and most people joined and left the team as soon as they got a taste of Ultimate level. We made it to Olga Flow, and of course died.

What Kayumi is doing is just... Well, too damn frustrating. I remember in v2 I managed to beat Ultimate mode at level 110 - Surprising, with no deaths at Dark Falz. Getting up to the boss teleport took me at least a couple of hours. This time around, I wanna be able to make it to all Episode I bosses under a hour.

Bottom line is exp earned per minutes played, and I don't like doing Ultimate mode until it comes close to the amount of exp I can gain doing V-Hard.

Kayumi
Dec 8, 2002, 06:54 PM
Frustrating is indeed the word for that ordeal. I'll be sticking to the caves for a few more levels--Wasting scape dolls on Sinow Reds gets old FAST. Five hours is WAY too long a time to complete the Mines.

MonTy
Dec 8, 2002, 08:18 PM
Hail all,

I might just have to go back to very hard/forest with my lvl 68 HUcast. Ultimate forest is too fast atm, especially for my weapons. If anyone has a HUcast, what level did you start EXPing on Ult. Forests?

I started a FOnewearl, and everything seems to be very easy, except for bosses. I'm guessing that's the downside to FOnewearl's? How magic resistant is Dark Falz? Pretty fun atm too, nice break from my melee character.

Khaotika
Dec 9, 2002, 10:22 AM
On 2002-12-08 17:18, MonTy wrote:
I started a FOnewearl, and everything seems to be very easy, except for bosses. I'm guessing that's the downside to FOnewearl's? How magic resistant is Dark Falz? Pretty fun atm too, nice break from my melee character.

Dunno if anyone noticed but:

HU/RA - Journey to bosses in Ultimode tougher than boss. Boss is a cake walk.

FO - Journey to bosses in Ultimode easier than boss. Boss eats you alive.

Just some observation on my part. XD

-Khao

BrokenHope
Dec 9, 2002, 04:07 PM
On 2002-12-08 14:27, TeamPhalanx wrote:
I do realize that I'm behind the pace that most people go at... but, that's offline. Right now, I'm at level 78, but I don't plan on playing offline ultimate mode until I'm 90 +. Online, I'll join an Ultimate team as soon as I finish raising my Mind Mag - Mainly, so I can be of some use to the team.

The first Ultimate level team I joined on GC PSO was an Episode II team; the team was at the seaside stage. It's funny, a level 130 HUcast was leading the way, and most people joined and left the team as soon as they got a taste of Ultimate level. We made it to Olga Flow, and of course died.

What Kayumi is doing is just... Well, too damn frustrating. I remember in v2 I managed to beat Ultimate mode at level 110 - Surprising, with no deaths at Dark Falz. Getting up to the boss teleport took me at least a couple of hours. This time around, I wanna be able to make it to all Episode I bosses under a hour.

Bottom line is exp earned per minutes played, and I don't like doing Ultimate mode until it comes close to the amount of exp I can gain doing V-Hard.

I can understand you doing that, i guess i just like to test myself to see the lowest level i can get thru an area.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 9, 2002, 04:13 PM
Heh... I still remember what Malkavian did... Beating DC Ultimate mode with a FOnewearl below lv 90. That's like beating GC Ultiamte mode with a FOnewearl below lv 50.

I don't think anyonce can top what he did.

Cloak
Dec 9, 2002, 08:39 PM
On 2002-12-08 09:29, TeamPhalanx wrote:

Wow, so I'm not the only one. -_-;

My eyes do this (@_@) when I hear of someone spending 3 hours struggling through ult mines. Sure I'll get to an ult level early, (ult forest at 50ish), doesn't make it a good enough point to crawl through it though.

Zae
Dec 10, 2002, 12:55 PM
Your full of shit
Liar
I have nothing more to say

Damn your a liar

Kayumi
Dec 10, 2002, 01:30 PM
On 2002-12-10 09:55, Zae wrote:
Your full of shit
Liar

Damn your a liar

Wow. Not only is that...either flamebait, or just flaming, depending on how generous one wants to be...but it's not directed at anyone.

C'mon, be serious, and if you haven't got anything intelligent to contribute please don't.

Jae
Dec 10, 2002, 02:15 PM
Wow. Not only is that...either flamebait, or just flaming, depending on how generous one wants to be...but it's not directed at anyone.

C'mon, be serious, and if you haven't got anything intelligent to contribute please don't.

Bah. Just read through his recent posts and you'll learn not to take him seriously. Flames, flames and more flames. Why nobody ever says anything about it is beyond me. I just hope nobody ever mistakes him for me since our PSOW handles are so similar. :/

BTW congrats to everybody who made it to Ultimate at such an early level! You guys deserve rewards (or mental therapy lol) for going through what you did. @_@

TeamPhalanx
Dec 10, 2002, 03:23 PM
On 2002-12-10 09:55, Zae wrote:
Your full of shit
Liar

Damn your a liar

Er... I don't get it. If you're going to make a weak attempt at insulting someone, at least direct it at the person.

Johan
Dec 11, 2002, 06:08 AM
I concur. Ultimate mode wasn't all that hard until I hit Mines.

I'm also currently sitting at the Ultimode mines boss teleporter. How much HP does Vol Opt V2 have, anyway? Want to know if he's worth blowing my Scape Dolls on (there's no way I can survive his trap attack)

harmfulcow
Dec 11, 2002, 02:17 PM
...... your all nuts (no offense)