PDA

View Full Version : About deleted Topics

Kimil
Apr 1, 2007, 08:37 AM
last night there was a topic about a possible hacking incident on the 360 version of PSU in the PSU General forum, last time I posted in it there was no flaming or idiotic arguing ( accept one person who made a rude-ish remark, but he was ignored )

I couldn't find it this morning... I checked my posts through my profile page and the topic: "HACKER?" or somethinglike that didn't show up on the list...

For what reason was this topic deleted? Even if a topic goes offtopic or is in the wrong forum, it is only locked or moved, not deleted.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-04-01 07:04 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Apr 1, 2007, 02:14 PM
We don't allow topics highlighting specific people as cheaters/hackers (with some exceptions, such as if the person is the one admitting they cheated and the rest of the thread stays within forum rules). That's why it was made so that you can't access the thread.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2007-04-01 12:14 ]</font>

Kimil
Apr 1, 2007, 04:47 PM
I understangd that you don't want people throwing around lies and slander, but what if harmful hacks made a debute in PSU like PKing or item stealing ( not scamming, but actual stealing of weapons data as was the subject of the topic that was deleted ) wouldn't the the forums be the right place to spread a warning of player-harming hacker?

Would any topic on the subject be auto-deleted no matter the situation, or are there some exeptions like the two cases i brought up in the previous paragraph?

Ryna
Apr 1, 2007, 05:12 PM
In that particular thread, there were some additional developments that warranted a move.

It is ok to talk about new cheating trends in a general sense or to warn people. However, threads that target specific people are usually locked.

Kimil
Apr 1, 2007, 05:31 PM
Ok, seems sensible ennough, I wont pry any further http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Thank you for answering