PDA

View Full Version : Getting the wife to play

amtalx
Apr 1, 2007, 06:15 PM
Well, I finally got my wife to play PSU. That's the good news. The bad news is she is pretty intent on ONLY playing with me. Has anyone had any experience with getting their spouse to play with other friends/people?

trypticon
Apr 1, 2007, 06:41 PM
Yeah. My ex-wife was REALLY into PSO, and the people online. So much into the people online, in fact, that she left me for one of them for nine months.

Yeah. Lesson is, if you're intent on introducing your significant other to a bunch of new people, you'd better be sure she isn't going to stray.

amtalx
Apr 1, 2007, 08:22 PM
Wow, thats really unfortunate. I never really looked at it like that. I guess I'll just have to trust my friends an my wife. I've been playing with the same group of people for quite a while. Hopefully, I'll be able to avoid what befell you.

Scrub
Apr 1, 2007, 08:32 PM
On 2007-04-01 16:41, trypticon wrote:
Yeah. My ex-wife was REALLY into PSO, and the people online. So much into the people online, in fact, that she left me for one of them for nine months.

Holy fuck, please tell me that is an April Fool's joke.

It would be the best one ever, I fucking busted my gut laughing.

amtalx
Apr 1, 2007, 08:41 PM
On 2007-04-01 18:32, Scrub wrote:

On 2007-04-01 16:41, trypticon wrote:

Holy fuck, please tell me that is an April Fool's joke.

It would be the best one ever, I fucking busted my gut laughing.

That would be pretty good. Although, if its not a joke you're going straight to hell for laughing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Judging from some of the drama that occurred on PSOX I wouldn't put it that far from the realm of possiblity.

Scrub
Apr 1, 2007, 08:49 PM
If it's not a joke, I'm going to laugh EVEN HARDER, that's what's going to happen.

DizzyDi
Apr 1, 2007, 09:21 PM
E-DRAMA!

Radiata
Apr 2, 2007, 12:01 AM
Friend told me something like that happened to her. She was being hit on over and over by some guy on FF11, wife read chat logs, etc etc. True story, I lol'd hard.

Anyway my mom wants to play. Badly. I caught her reading the instruction booklet. I don't think PSU is ready for her.

MaximusLight
Apr 2, 2007, 12:30 AM
On 2007-04-01 22:01, Radiata wrote:
Friend told me something like that happened to her. She was being hit on over and over by some guy on FF11, wife read chat logs, etc etc. True story, I lol'd hard.

Anyway my mom wants to play. Badly. I caught her reading the instruction booklet. I don't think PSU is ready for her.

O_o The horror... two of them... we're all goign to die!

amtalx
Apr 2, 2007, 08:15 AM
With all the clamor that erupts when people find out that a female avatar is ACTUALLY a girl, things like this don't really surprise me.

omegapirate2k
Apr 2, 2007, 09:16 AM
On 2007-04-02 06:15, amtalx wrote:
With all the clamor that erupts when people find out that a female avatar is ACTUALLY a girl, things like this don't really surprise me.

"OMG j00 R grrl?

ASL plz.

Here I r give u moniez!!!"

amtalx
Apr 2, 2007, 10:59 AM
On 2007-04-02 07:16, omegapirate2k wrote:

"OMG j00 R grrl?

ASL plz.

I'm totally using my wife to funnel items and money into my account...I mean I will tell my wife to gladly accept gifts from strangers that may possibly benefit me...us.

omegapirate2k
Apr 2, 2007, 11:44 AM
On 2007-04-02 08:59, amtalx wrote:

On 2007-04-02 07:16, omegapirate2k wrote:

"OMG j00 R grrl?

ASL plz.

I'm totally using my wife to funnel items and money into my account...I mean I will tell my wife to gladly accept gifts from strangers that may possibly benefit me...us.

Of course, what kind of union would it be if you didn't share everything?

Kevino
Apr 2, 2007, 09:02 PM
i remember a sorta similar thread a while back... didn't we decide that females dont play games?

foamcup
Apr 2, 2007, 09:30 PM
Females aren't real, you know, just like France. That's not real either.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 3, 2007, 01:28 AM
On 2007-04-02 19:30, foamcup wrote:
Females aren't real, you know, just like France. That's not real either.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

From my experience French Chibi Foneys are Street Fighter tournament winners and C-Mode gangstas.

I don't agree with the lol'ing smiley at your own jokes/posts though, that's whack. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Someone threw a random % study result thing at me about online relationships compared to marriage or something, forgot where. I'll probably remember it later in an inopportune place.

amtalx
Apr 3, 2007, 06:57 AM
On 2007-04-02 19:02, Kevino wrote:
i remember a sorta similar thread a while back... didn't we decide that females dont play games?

You can get them to play games...its just a long, hard, bloody battle hehe. Not really though, my wife plays about as much as I do, but shes been scared of going online for years.

DizzyDi
Apr 3, 2007, 10:35 AM
On 2007-04-03 04:57, amtalx wrote:
shes been scared of going online for years.

Thats normal for a female. Ya see they have this chemical in their body that prevents them from logging onto anything online. Its a defense mechanism to protect them from the dangers that lurk through the internets.
Hence, there aren't any girls on the internets.

Daikarin
Apr 4, 2007, 10:32 AM
On 2007-04-01 18:49, Scrub wrote:
If it's not a joke, I'm going to laugh EVEN HARDER, that's what's going to happen.

Not funny. A friend of mine met a guy online, met him, and after some months they wouldn't let go of each other. And she dumped her other boyfriend over this guy.

This kind of stuff is far from being a joke, just because the odds of happening are low.