PDA

View Full Version : Shoutouts

pixelate
Dec 8, 2002, 02:45 PM
Had an awesome team? Met some cool people online? Here's your chance to give them a little love. Post some names, expereinces, good times, whatever you want to pay tribute to.

Yesterday I went online and ran into a few old timers from the DC days. I saw Zorya with her pigtails of doom, Sekani, and the ultimate lobby rat, Xing Ling. Although Xing only stopped in to grab Guild Cards, it was still nice to see a familiar face. It was just cool to run into them in the same game. ^_^

Tavia
Dec 8, 2002, 07:47 PM
Ah, well, I can't let this go by. Although they'll likely never see this, as they're not part of PSOW, my two greatest gaming comrades were known as KidOtaku and Seff. By now I know them by their real names, and we still keep in touch via AIM and E-Mail, but unfortunately, not on PSO. (While they have the GC version, Seff has since become addicted to EverCrack, and Otaku does not yet have a Hunter's License.)

To be honest, I don't remember how we met. However, we played together in the best of ways. All of us were new to the game -- when DC PSOv1 was a fresh release -- and I had actually signed up with an ISP just so I could play PSO online. (Formerly, my family had AOL.) We experienced everything together: new specials, new stages, challenges... all of it. We spent hours sitting on Pioneer 2, talking about our lives. We'd play until after the sun came up.

It was greatness. I miss it very much. It wouldn't have been, however, without them.