PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind addiction

Schubalts
Apr 2, 2007, 08:40 PM
Guys, girls, Ompaloompas... I am going to go get re-addicted to Morrowind. I'll see you all again in 5 years. 20 tops.

Kevino
Apr 2, 2007, 09:00 PM
GO MORROWIND!!! i got skrewed at corpus because i killed people in corpusarium so i gotsa start over!

Sinue_v2
Apr 2, 2007, 09:38 PM
I'm still stuck in Oblivion. Morrowind is by and large the better game, but the combat system is so much better in Oblivion it makes the fights a joy to play. (Expecially sniping with a bow for 3x damage and then being able to lift up the corpse to inspect the entry and exit wounds left by your arrow)

I'd love to get the PC version of Morrowind to play with all the mods... but my character on the Xbox version is so badass and powerful, it'll be hard to let her go.

Kent
Apr 2, 2007, 09:44 PM
How do you get addicted to something as poorly-constructed as Morrowind? :/

It's painful enough to actually attempt to do combat in the game, how do you go about actually feeling compelled to play it impulsively?

Schubalts
Apr 2, 2007, 09:50 PM
On 2007-04-02 19:44, Kent wrote:

It's painful enough to actually attempt to do combat in the game, how do you go about actually feeling compelled to play it impulsively?

Vivec is so going to smite you. As soon as he's done floating around...

And the combat? Meh, it's just like every other RPG(RPG as in D20 games, and turn-based console RPGs), except you manually attack.

Also, it has frikkin UNCLE CRASSIUS! He alone gives Morrowind 5 billion awesome points!

Sinue_v2
Apr 2, 2007, 11:54 PM
Uncle Crassius was creepy... almost as creepy as Flallu Hlallu, the Necrophiliac. I think they would make a good couple.

Dangerous55
Apr 3, 2007, 01:18 AM

He plays games for a different reason than you. Nobody wants to read your bitchings.

The game is awesome, Oblivion too. I poured alot of hours into those two. I understand.

BlueDagger
Apr 3, 2007, 01:41 AM

Somebody upset because they got killed by mudcrabs? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

As they say in Oblivion(something along these lines):

"I saw a mudcrab the other day. Annoying creatures."

omegapirate2k
Apr 3, 2007, 10:08 AM
On 2007-04-02 19:38, Sinue_v2 wrote:
my character on the Xbox version is so badass and powerful, it'll be hard to let her go.

Its called the console, use it.

Sinue_v2
Apr 3, 2007, 11:04 AM
Yeah, no shit.

The thing is that it would be some extremely tedious shit to pull off, considering that most of her arsenal consists of glitched, custom enchanted weaponry - such as Heaven and Earth which were forged with the souls of Vivec and Almalexia. Not to mention I'd loose almost half, or more, of her stuff simply because I don't want to console create each and every one of those items in, many of which are meticulously displayed in her various safehouses across Vvardenfel.

I'd rather just start a new character, or play her again. At least then I could have some FUN while building her back up to what she was on the Xbox version, rather than just being bored out of my skull typing crap into a console prompt for hours on end.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 3, 2007, 02:18 PM
I heard that its really addicting, but the first person thing kind of turns me off.

DizzyDi
Apr 3, 2007, 02:38 PM
There is a 3rd person camera.
Besides, the PoV you choose changes nothing about the gameplay at all..

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 3, 2007, 03:30 PM
Yeah, but I always prefer 3rd person, dunno, just not a big fan of 1st person in games.

BlueDagger
Apr 3, 2007, 07:07 PM
On 2007-04-03 13:30, Shiroryuu wrote:
Yeah, but I always prefer 3rd person, dunno, just not a big fan of 1st person in games.

Opposed to 1st-person in life? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'd be cool if I could change to 3rd-person in life...

Schubalts
Apr 4, 2007, 02:21 AM
On 2007-04-03 17:07, BlueDagger wrote:

On 2007-04-03 13:30, Shiroryuu wrote:

Opposed to 1st-person in life? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'd be cool if I could change to 3rd-person in life...

Nobody would ever get mugged again!

omegapirate2k
Apr 4, 2007, 08:16 AM
On 2007-04-03 09:04, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Yeah, no shit.

The thing is that it would be some extremely tedious shit to pull off, considering that most of her arsenal consists of glitched, custom enchanted weaponry - such as Heaven and Earth which were forged with the souls of Vivec and Almalexia. Not to mention I'd loose almost half, or more, of her stuff simply because I don't want to console create each and every one of those items in, many of which are meticulously displayed in her various safehouses across Vvardenfel.

I'd rather just start a new character, or play her again. At least then I could have some FUN while building her back up to what she was on the Xbox version, rather than just being bored out of my skull typing crap into a console prompt for hours on end.

This is true, but if you learn to use the construction set (not THAT hard), you can recreate all her equipment and even place it exactly where it is supposed to be.

And I highly reccomend you look at some weapon mods by Phijama and Vagabond Angel.

I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.List&category_show_all=1

Schubalts
Apr 4, 2007, 06:50 PM
Seconding that Phijama and VA plug! Oh, and Alleane and Ren and Bob and Slof http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif I'll stop now.