PDA

View Full Version : How is Rappelz?

Zorafim
Apr 2, 2007, 11:09 PM
It looks interesting from a distance. Seems similar to FFXI in a way. I like how the classes are distributed as well.

To anyone who's played it, is it any good? Is it worth the time put into it? I don't need a boring grind fest, or something that takes five hours to do the simplest thing on, but MMOs are always nice to play.
So, does it take too much time out of a busy day? Is what time spent on the game fun and refreshing? Is it mindless, or does it use the mind much?

Schubalts
Apr 3, 2007, 09:46 AM
...I played the beta. All I can say is GPotato/Gala/whatever their real name is, is basicly wasting their money on more servers than they need. But that involves their decision to completely revamp a feature that everyone loved, making the casual players keep their characters logged in all day and lag the servers.

Oh right, gameplay.
If you've played Lineage 2, it is basicly a clone. But you have a skill-tree instead of being able to learn any skill you meet the level requirement for. Also, the skill system combines Ragnarok Online and Lineage: you spend skill points to level your class or your skills; skills require a certain class level and certain levels of a prerequisite skill.

Every base(non-upgraded or magical/ancient) piece of equipment of a certain rank has the same stats. Weapons are usable by every class, but armor is restricted, especially archer/hunter armor(requires a certain skill to use).

Some classes are blatantly overpowered if you look at their skills, and some appear gimped.

They doubled the EXP and JP(skill points) earned though, so you can actually level in a reasonable time without spamming quests.

Grind fest?
It's pretty much nothing but a grind until you can do sieges or PvP without getting raped.

A lot of the community seemed to be made up of jackasses, when I played. There's worldchat, so you don't feel quite as alone if you go solo. Using it too quickly drains your health and magic, though.

Some of that is just my opinion, though, so grain of salt and all that.