PDA

View Full Version : 2 Weeks and Counting.

Turambar
Apr 3, 2007, 03:38 AM
Only 14 days until the much anticipated NA release of Children of Hurin. *Swoons*

That is all.

EphekZ
Apr 3, 2007, 03:46 AM
children of who?

Remedy
Apr 3, 2007, 04:01 AM
*refuses to get excited about any game that isn't Golden Sun III or Phantasy Star V*

DizzyDi
Apr 3, 2007, 10:32 AM
The Children of Húrin (2007) is a forthcoming completion of a tale by J. R. R. Tolkien. Begun in 1918 and revised several times, the tale was never completed by Tolkien before his death. Tolkien's son, Christopher Tolkien, has now completed the tale for publication for the first time as an independent work.

Via google and then wikipedia.

Ya know, I tried reading the entire LoTR trilogy, but...Its just way too boring for me.
One of the few occasions where I like the movie better than the book.

Turambar
Apr 3, 2007, 03:01 PM
Google and wiki doesn't do the book justice since very little can be learned if you google the book name. Also the story in itself is far darker than LoTR. Mmm, maybe a short summary of Turin Turambar, son of Hurin, will make his seem less boring.

He gets cursed by a Valar(god), walks the lands and sows the seeds to the downfall of kingdoms, gets cursed by a dragon, has sex unknowingly with his sister, kills his best friend, owns a evil sentient sword forged from meteoric metal, is prophesied to be resurrected at the final battle and would be the one to deal the death blow against the Valar that cursed his blood line in the first place.

http://fan.theonering.net/middleearthtours/turin.html is always a good source as well.

And Golden Sun III isn't going to happen >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2007-04-03 13:10 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Apr 3, 2007, 03:45 PM
On 2007-04-03 13:01, Turambar wrote:
Google and wiki doesn't do the book justice since very little can be learned if you google the book name. Also the story in itself is far darker than LoTR. Mmm, maybe a short summary of Turin Turambar, son of Hurin, will make his seem less boring.

He gets cursed by a Valar(god), walks the lands and sows the seeds to the downfall of kingdoms, gets cursed by a dragon, has sex unknowingly with his sister, kills his best friend, owns a evil sentient sword forged from meteoric metal, is prophesied to be resurrected at the final battle and would be the one to deal the death blow against the Valar that cursed his blood line in the first place.

http://fan.theonering.net/middleearthtours/turin.html is always a good source as well.

And Golden Sun III isn't going to happen >.><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2007-04-03 13:10 ]</font>

Wrong. Theres like a 75% shot that there will be, for the wii. It was such a good game, Nintendo knows it, they will make another.
Fail for not realizing how much Golden Sun pwns your ass

DizzyDi
Apr 3, 2007, 04:17 PM
On 2007-04-03 13:01, Turambar wrote:

Is Turin's story going to be in the book? Cause if so IT SOUNDS LIKE MY KINDA BOOK!

Turambar
Apr 3, 2007, 04:35 PM
DikkyRay, that statement was just an inside joke between me and Remedy. Don't take it too seriously. I want a Golden Sun III as much as anyone else. If I didn't like the game, would I have a jupiter djinn in my signiture?

And yeah, the book is going to for the most part revolve around the tale of Turin Turambar.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2007-04-03 14:44 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Apr 3, 2007, 04:40 PM
What I meant is: Is Turin's story in The Children of Hurin, or is it an entirely different book?

DikkyRay
Apr 3, 2007, 04:56 PM
On 2007-04-03 14:35, Turambar wrote:
DikkyRay, that statement was just an inside joke between me and Remedy. Don't take it too seriously. I want a Golden Sun III as much as anyone else. If I didn't like the game, would I have a jupiter djinn in my signiture?

And yeah, the book is going to for the most part revolve around the tale of Turin Turambar.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2007-04-03 14:44 ]</font>

Haha sorryman.
When someone badmouths my game....it gets ugly.
(didnt even notice the jupiter...)

Jive18
Apr 3, 2007, 08:45 PM
Sounds amazing. I love everything Tolkien, so I doubt this will be an exception.

Schubalts
Apr 4, 2007, 02:15 AM
On 2007-04-03 18:45, Jive18 wrote:
I love everything Tolkien,

Off-topic but: I...I...I read the Silmarillion( damn that evil, oft-misspelled<can't spell THIS either!> name).

Back on topic: Never heard of Children of Hurin before, but I am intrigued now.

Turambar
Apr 4, 2007, 02:54 AM
Quenta Silmarils does a decent job in covering the story as a whole, but IMO, Unfinished Tales's version of it was a far better read.

Its a pity the collectors edition is 60 USD....No Oblivion: Shivering Ilse for me it would seem.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2007-04-04 00:58 ]</font>

Solstis
Apr 4, 2007, 04:02 AM
Yeah, I read the Silmasalmonian too. Good read, somewhat interested in this Hurin business, but I need to find me a copy of the Salmon of Doubt first.

I really did not do that on purpose.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2007-04-04 02:03 ]</font>