PDA

View Full Version : NPC Partner Cards

Yueri
Apr 3, 2007, 12:00 PM
I'm starting to grow very bored of the NPC selection, so I curious if there is a possibility for you to have more than one NPC card (besides the race based tutorial char.)?

If so I'd like someone to list all the obtainable NPC cards.

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 3, 2007, 12:04 PM
Yes. You get more as you play through Episode 2 of Story Mode. Head to F5 on the Guardian's Colony and speak with the NPC opposite of where you change your class.

Yueri
Apr 3, 2007, 12:09 PM
That's good to hear! Thanks.

Dhylec
Apr 3, 2007, 12:24 PM
You'd get Laia's card after finishing chapter 1.
Lou for chapter 2. Huyga, chapter 3. Maya, chapter 4.

There is more, but I have yet to find out.

doubleEXP
Apr 3, 2007, 12:47 PM
Can you have more than one npc in your team at a time (besides your PM)?

Like, could you solo with Maya and Lou at the same time?

Dhylec
Apr 3, 2007, 01:01 PM
You can have up to 2 NPCs at once as a team leader.

doubleEXP
Apr 3, 2007, 01:22 PM
Wow - that's very cool. Thanks, Dhylec.

doubleEXP
Apr 5, 2007, 08:14 AM
Oh, I have two follow-up questions. I hope you don't mind.

1) Since offline and online are separate, how does PSU 'know' what chapter you've finished? Do you have to do the 'online' story mode for it to count? Please explain. Thanks!

2) The 2 npc limit for the team leader: does that include your PM or can you have two NPC's *AND* your PM with you?

Dhylec
Apr 5, 2007, 08:39 AM
1. Online story has chapters like offline. Once you finished the chapter, the game knows you cleared it & allow you to go to the next.

2. Your PM is an NPC (non-playable char.) Think about it.

doubleEXP
Apr 5, 2007, 08:41 AM
Ok, got it. Thanks Dhylec!

And, yeah, I kinda figured our PM's counted as one of the npc's we're allowed to have along with us ~ just wanted to be sure.

amtalx
Apr 5, 2007, 10:18 AM
An easy way to get Maya is to do the training that your PM offers you, FYI.

doubleEXP
Apr 5, 2007, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I already have Maya's card ~ I play with her in my team all the time when I solo.

And as of tonight, I will have my 420, too!

I just think it might be cool, down the road, to have more of a selection to invite in for those times I solo. Cool to know we can!

imfanboy
Apr 5, 2007, 12:42 PM
And Laia is a MUCH better NPC than Maya - IMHO she's about the best non-PM NPC you can have. She's tough, uses spears, twin claws, and axes, and she nanoblasts too.

Leo MIGHT be better, but then again, Leo uses a measly 1* sword paired with an A-rank spear.

Just rip through the first online chapter and you've got a better NPC already.

doubleEXP
Apr 5, 2007, 01:51 PM
Cool - I can do that in no time. Sounds good. Thanks, as always, for your help & advice Imfanboy.